Offering Hand Knitted Custom Cpap Hose Covers + More

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nanwilson

Re: Offering Hand Knitted Custom Cpap Hose Covers + More

Post by nanwilson » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 am

Pugsy, I have afix for you with a tight hose cozy,.... just put a small baggie over the hose end and the cozy will slip on really easy over the shiny bag. I do this on my hoses as I make my own out of fleece and I make them tight at the ends to keep them from slipping over the mask ends of the hose.
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 pm

nanwilson wrote:I have afix for you with a tight hose cozy,.... just put a small baggie over the hose end and the cozy will slip on really easy over the shiny bag.
Now you tell me.
Heck of an idea though and I will try to remember it if/when I take the short hose cover off to wash the frame.
Most likely won't bother with the long hose cover for a long time though because I don't wash my hose very often at all (can't remember last time).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Pugsy wrote:I got mine yesterday and used it last night with my P10 nasal pillow mask and my ClimateLine hose.
I got both the long hose cover and the short hose cover for the short hose assembly on the P10 mask.

Took just a little bit of time to get both the hoses fed through the hose covers and it isn't something I would want to do daily or even weekly should I want to wash the hoses but since I never do it's a moot point.

Very nicely made and super soft and light weight. I have been afraid that any hose cover would tend to pull the P10 nasal pillows out of my nose since I wear them so loose but it didn't happen at all with this product.

I wanted to try these products for various reasons...new kitten that is hell on 4 paws (who was a real big help while putting the covers on )...tired of the plastic feel of the hoses and the little bit of noise they make....sometimes the long hose gets "caught" under the bed pillow and turning over and uncatching it wakes me up, tiny bit of rain out in the pillows due to cold bedroom despite ClimateLine to max temp, etc.

Totally pleased with the purchase and the products. Perfect fit for length on both hoses. Beautiful and well made.

Good job.

Thank you for the review! My intent was to learn how to make them for myself, but once made I realized it was way too nice to be selfish and I needed to share them with you guys first and then the world! There are not many options out there except the thinner fleece ones and none like this in my opinion.

Thanks everyone and enjoy!

Will keep this updated untill our website and other cpap websites have them (have been talking with a few already)

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Clicking the below pictures will enlarge them

#11 - Yarn Choice -

#12 - Yarn Choice -

#13 - Yarn Choice -

#14 - Yarn Choice -

#15 - Yarn Choice -

#16 - Yarn Choice -

#17 - Yarn Choice - Shown in a 6ft Length = $19.99

#18 - Yarn Choice -

#19 - Yarn Choice -

#20 - Yarn Choice -

#21 - Yarn Choice -

#22 - Yarn Choice -

#23 - Yarn Choice -

#24 - Yarn Choice -

#25 - Yarn Choice -

#26 - Yarn Choice -

More to Come or if you find one you like online etc, just let me know.

All 6ft hose covers are $19.99 including shipping. Smaller hoses covers for p-10/ swift fx etc are $9.99. Bought together special = $25

This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am

Here is the link to Imgur that has all the current covers / yarn choice I do have in-stock. I can do any yarn you would like if you do not see something you like color wise etc or want something special, just let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/gsoh7 - There you can see bigger pics etc.....

My wife and myself are heading to Florida later today for 2 weeks, I will be taking orders and fulfilling orders from the road/beach or pool-side No rest for the Wicked!

Take care and Be safe and sleep well!

Eric N Kelly

Ps.

Feel free to message here or on my email - Metsfan302@gmail.com as we will check nightly.

or

Via Facebook - Eric Dencker

Then a week after returning its time for that Much Needed - New Sleep Study!!!

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 am

We are back safe and sound!! Was real nice but not that warm, well warming then it was at home for sure and we missed a snow storm!

Just wanted to drop a quick note incase anyone wants a hose cover.

We got a ton of new yarns/ colors while on our trip! Will post more over this weekend to show them.

Will also be working on the website as soon as I get some rest lol.

Hornnumb2

Post by Hornnumb2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Received mine today, Thanks for working on it on vacation.

flightco

Post by flightco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I just wanted to give a quick review on the Custom Knitted Cpap Hose Covers by Metsfan.

I ordered one and ended up with two. Metsfan said they were not happy with the one I ordered so they sent a second. Didn't say what was wrong with the first one but so far that is all I have used and I think it is wonderful.

VERY soft, so soft in fact I have done away with my hooks for hose management and now I just take a wrap around my arm and everything stays in place. The wrap just feels like a really soft blanket.

Sorry, but I told them they should raise prices, 19.95 is just too cheap for this soft, cozy hose cosy. My hose loves it and so do I. (my 7 year old did think it was a snake at first, another benefit)

flightco

Post by flightco » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:
nanwilson wrote:I have afix for you with a tight hose cozy,.... just put a small baggie over the hose end and the cozy will slip on really easy over the shiny bag.
Now you tell me.
Heck of an idea though and I will try to remember it if/when I take the short hose cover off to wash the frame.
Most likely won't bother with the long hose cover for a long time though because I don't wash my hose very often at all (can't remember last time).
I wish I had read this, I went to the garage, grabbed a 10 foot fishing pole (with very small eyelets) ran it through the hose cover, taped it to my hose and pulled it back through; all in all, not bad but the baggie sounds much easier.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:14 am

flightco wrote:I just wanted to give a quick review on the Custom Knitted Cpap Hose Covers by Metsfan.

I ordered one and ended up with two. Metsfan said they were not happy with the one I ordered so they sent a second. Didn't say what was wrong with the first one but so far that is all I have used and I think it is wonderful.

VERY soft, so soft in fact I have done away with my hooks for hose management and now I just take a wrap around my arm and everything stays in place. The wrap just feels like a really soft blanket.

Sorry, but I told them they should raise prices, 19.95 is just too cheap for this soft, cozy hose cosy. My hose loves it and so do I. (my 7 year old did think it was a snake at first, another benefit)
Hey there, so glad you love it! I too forget the reason, but I wanted to make sure you had an option incase the orig one you wanted did not fit - now you have one to use when you wash it or change things out. I just want people to have a quality product and a fair price. Sure there are options out there that are fleece like but I've tried them and find these a step above in many aspects.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:16 am

Hornnumb2 wrote:Received mine today, Thanks for working on it on vacation.
Not a problem, srry it took longer then it usually would if we were not on vacation. Speaking of just about recovered from the drive etc, think that will be the last time we do take that drive lol going to fly next time just going to have to get something to knock out the wife while in flight!

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:14 am

Sorry have not updated the avail yarns, I have so many more to share, will take photos a bit later on....

Here is the link of the yarns that are avail prior to this new batch of yarns - http://imgur.com/a/gsoh7

I have started to work on ideas for the online store but unsure if I am going to go with Wix or GoDaddy.

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 am

I will def be updating the list of avail colors etc. Still have all thats posted and more. Been busy with my other hobby - Rock collecting / gems / sea-glass.

metsfan302

Offering Hand Knitted Custom Cpap Hose Covers- ON SALE THIS

Post by metsfan302 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:00 am

Going to have a sale this week. Wife say's I have way too much yarn

Shipping is included on this (about a $7 value alone)

Sale Price - $17.99 - Hose Cover for Cpap Hoses (6+ feet) - Both reg and climate line hoses

Sale Price - $19.99 - Hose Cover for Cpap Hoses (6+ feet) - Both reg and climate line hoses & Plus a shorter hose cover for P-10/ Swift_Fx etc.....

In-Box me or email direct to - Metsfan302@gmail.com to talk about avail yarn colors/styles. All the above are avail plus a few others

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 am

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming! lol

Email me at - Metsfan302@gmail.com for fast response