New to Cpap, whats the difference in machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ricci

Re: New to Cpap, whats the difference in machines

Post by Ricci » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:02 pm

i started my own thread (topic)

biz64

Post by biz64 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:29 am

LSAT wrote:
KnH wrote:
biz64 wrote:I have a Resmed S9 Autoset for $550, a Respironics DS560 CPAP Auto for $475, and a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $575. All are brand new machines, with zero hours, and have never been used. They all come with humidifiers, filters, SD cards, manuals, tubing, and carry cases. All you would need is a mask, and I have many of those for sale also. I have photos and references available. Prices do not include shipping, but I can ship anywhere. Let me know if you have any questions.

Any one have any experiences with Biz64
Buyer beware...all he has done is try to sell equipment
And what's wrong with that? Other people sell equipment on here also, so why does that make me a bad guy. By the way, I've also helped answer some people's questions too. You know, I just don't get it. There are people on here who for whatever reason need affordable equipment, and if I can help get them that equipment for a price they can afford how does that make me the bad guy? I have not ripped anybody off ( and yes I have sold to people on here).

KnH

Post by KnH » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Biz64, I pmed you and asked for your real name, and got a first name only, not a confidence booster.

I go two local quotes one was $1300 other was over $1000, both companies were not the best in there customer service, It was, “Not sure but it’s a auto cpap, not sure who makes it but this is the price. I was hesitant on paying that much with their customer attitude.
So getting a new Respironics System one with Heated tube and a warranty, paying $450.00 from amazon was worth the risk.

I have been wearing the cpap for nine nights now, no problem keeping it on all night.
I maxed out the humidity setting after the first night, much more comfortable for me now, I can see how some people would fail to keep using a cpap without the heated tube and humidity. There only about 10% water left in the heater in the morning.

My AHI was 79 at my sleep study.
My AHI has been running 2 or less, even got down to .76 one night. I am using the Sleepmapper app and the Sleepy Head software, it interesting to see all the numbers and graphs.

So I have been using small nasal pillows because deviated septum and one nare being much smaller with good AHI numbers for seven nights, I tried a nasal mask the night before last night it felt like it had better air flow, I didn’t sleep well at all, to loose , to tight, leaking , me snoreing, red marks and pain on the bridge of my nose, My AHI went up to 3.6.
Last night I went back to the nasal pillow mask, but used the large pillows, it fit my large nare better and didn’t feel the flow restriction as much as the small nare mask. My AHI shot up to 5.3.

So not sure what to think, fluke with the large pillows or go back to the small nasal pillows

Over all I can’t think of not using my cpap, it has changed my life for the better.