Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Papit

Re: Here are my Sleep Test Numbers (Titration)

Post by Papit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Your "half-hour" comment is not germaine, PR. You can expect the techs to spend more or less time in each pressure setting being tested depending on what they see. If he was getting an AHI of 150 at pressure 12, I'd hate to think what it would be at 13. That's what the machine IS SET AT. At 11 they got his lowest AHI at 17.8. It went up from there as they went further down in pressure. That test is all we have to go on right now.

Do you really want him at 13 as compared to 11? And how about Krelvin? He said he has thoughts but wanted to wait for someone else to opine first. There's a hell of a big difference between 150 (maybe much higher at 13) and 17.8 at 11. Let's get down to business and put the personals aside. Where are you on this Morbius? You know your stuff.
palerider wrote:
Papit wrote:.
Some report! "Patient does not benefit from any CPAP pressure applied . . ."
Really?
Enchanter wrote: . . .
Pressure Distribution
IPAP 8... Duratoin 22.2 min, sleep (min) 6. #CA 11, #0A 0, #MA 0, #HYP 1, #RERA 0, AHI 120.0, RDI 120
IPAP 9, Duration 15.8 min, sleep minutes 8.9, REM 0, NREM 8.9, #CA 13, #OA, 0, #MA 0, #Hyp 0, AHI 87.6, RDI 87.6
Ipap 10, Duration 174.4 min, sleep 36.5 min, REM 0, NREM 36.5, #CA 20, # HYP 30, AHI 82.2, RDI 82.2
Ipap 11, Duration 33.7 REM 0, NREM 33.7, #hyp 10, AHI 17.8 RDI 17.8
Ipap 12, Duration 5.3, sleep 0.4 min, REM 0, NREM 0.4, #CA 1, AHI 150, RDI 150
you're getting worked up over a period of *half an hour* out of the whole thing, and the only time that he didn't have any centrals, which is more likely due to the duration, and not the pressure.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Papit wrote:Your "half-hour" comment is not germaine, PR.
I think it's perfectly germane.
Papit wrote:I'd hate to think what it would be at 13. THAT'S WHAT THE MACHINE IS SET AT.
Enchanter has the manual for the machine, and it's an APAP. If he can't figure out how to change the pressure setting(s) (when everyone else here who's wanted to change their own settings has managed to figure it out by following the instructions), then let him have his mother do it. She's the one who finally figured out how to assemble the mask, remember?
Papit wrote:Let's get down to business and put the personals aside.
How about we let Enchanter get down to business? It's long overdue that he actually does something to help himself.

And I'll continue to voice my opinion however I see fit, thanks, whether you (or anyone else) likes how I say it.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Papit wrote:
palerider wrote:
Papit wrote:Some report! "Patient does not benefit from any CPAP pressure applied . . ."
Really?
Enchanter wrote: Pressure Distribution
Ipap 12, Duration 5.3, sleep 0.4 min, REM 0, NREM 0.4, #CA 1, AHI 150, RDI 150
you're getting worked up over a period of *half an hour* out of the whole thing, and the only time that he didn't have any centrals, which is more likely due to the duration, and not the pressure.
If he was getting an AHI of 150 at pressure 12, I'd hate to think what it would be at 13. That's what the machine IS SET AT. At 11 they got his lowest AHI at 17.8. It went up from there as they went further down in pressure. That test is all we have to go on right now.

Do you really want him at 13 as compared to 11? And how about Krelvin? He said he has thoughts but wanted to wait for someone else to opine first. There's a hell of a big difference between 150 (maybe much higher at 13) and 17.8 at 11.
Where are you on this Morbius? You know your stuff.[/quote]
since you really don't understand how any of this works, I'll try to explain the problem with your "theory", I'll use small words, I'll type slow, try and follow along.

he had *ONE* central event at 12cm, a pressure he slept an entire TWENTY FOUR SECONDS at.

they didn't just say "woop, he had an event! let's quit!" he WOKE UP and they weren't able to get any more data. the test is *MEANINGLESS* it SAID it was MEANINGLESS. all your wishing that it was otherwise ain't gonna change it.

Last edited by palerider on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:27 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote: and it's an APAP.
is it? I didn't catch whether it was the plus, pro or auto.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 pm

The study is invalid. Says so itself. Recommends a number of things which his doctor according to him said he should not do. That means the doctor didn't read the report or the story is wrong as it is hard to fathom a doctor who is not a sleep doctor suggesting a different course of action.

Based on his questions, denials and refusals to do things, I can imaging he is quite a bundle to deal with at a lab and might be why there are so many issues or the story he is telling is not accurate. Hard to tell.

Conclusion... he needs an advocate physically next to his side every step along the way. I don't see him doing this on his own as he has shown many times in the almost 3 months that he can't, won't, questions repetitive suggestions from many users of what course of action to take etc..

Two statements did it for me today.
Enchanter wrote:I didn't sleep with machine last night sorry. Felt the pressure was too high and I didn't want to wake up after 3 hours the be tired the rest of the day.
He is the one that is getting hurt by not trying. Sorry? for the wasted time maybe?
Enchanter wrote:Yoga breathing techniques and throat exercises. Do they eliminate sleep apnea?
This is a person who is looking for any excuse to magically make this go away without actually doing anything.

Holiday weekend... hope everyone has a nice one... short day at work tomorrow and then a nice 3 day weekend, some fireworks (real ones), BBQ, family and friends and no drama... we didn't invite those family members.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 pm

palerider wrote:
I believe it's the same machine I had, a Respironics M-Series APAP. But even if it's a straight CPAP, he can change the pressure (if he wants to or can be bothered to) if he'll just follow the directions, like most of us have (or have his mother come to the rescue again).

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:
palerider wrote:
I believe it's the same machine I had, a Respironics M-Series APAP. But even if it's a straight CPAP, he can change the pressure (if he wants to or can be bothered to) if he'll just follow the directions, like most of us have (or have his mother come to the rescue again).
going back and squinting at the pic he posted, it does say 'auto'...

gee, that'd solve most of the 'what pressure should it be at' questions, eh? *rofl*

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 am

palerider wrote:going back and squinting at the pic he posted, it does say 'auto'...

gee, that'd solve most of the 'what pressure should it be at' questions, eh? *rofl*
Ya think?

Papit

Post by Papit » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 am

Cool, PR! Can you help him make the switch to AUTO? If not, who can?

Last edited by Papit on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine: AirCurve 10 ASV, Mask: AirFit N30i
PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:
palerider wrote:going back and squinting at the pic he posted, it does say 'auto'...

Ya think?
now that you mention it... yeah.

if he can find someone that can read the manual.

pretty stupid sending an auto machine set to a fixed pressure when trying to get someone started.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 am

Papit wrote:Cool, PR! Can you help him make the switch to AUTO? If not, who can?
someone who's able to comprehend a manual. his mom, dad, caregiver, handler... he's proven to be incapable.

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:13 am

postitnote wrote:That report said you needed to be on a med to sleep so why did the doctor refuse to give you any?

You see what I mean? A lot of parts in my story don't make sense, but they're true. Why didn't he give me any is a good question, especially since the report recommended me to take a sleep aid. Nothing seems to add up.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:22 am

BleepingBeauty wrote: If the interpretation of the study done in April suggested another study WITH SEDATION, why all the hand-wringing over whether or not to take a sleep aid? Several people here suggested that you do just that, but you never seem to listen to anyone. Why, exactly, are you here on the forum? You ask a million questions, and the answers that are offered are repeatedly ignored by you.

COMPLEX APNEA probably indicates that you'll need a more sophisticated machine than the one you had donated to you, but USING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN USING NOTHING. Use the damned machine, FFS.
You're wrong. I did take a sleep aid in my last test and the only reason I didn't take one in my 2nd was because the sleep aid came in the mail a day too late and the doctor didn't prescribe me one even though I asked multiple times. It did say that I needed a sleep aid, but I didn't know that until I got the reports. It doesn't matter because I did take the sleep aids as soon as I got them anyways.

When you say a more sophisticated machine, what do you mean?

The thing is I don't know why you get so worked up over me. It's like this. I am who I am and probably aren't going to cater to your standards for a long time, if not ever. It's not like I'm going to change overnight and you're just going to have to deal with it. I only care about getting results. All this other trivial stuff that goes on in this forum, like all this fighting, is very superfluous and uninteresting to me. But hey, if u wanna keep knocking me, go right on ahead. I can't change you either, so it goes both ways right? At the end of the day, I don't care if you waste your time. I do what I do, you do you.
Last edited by Enchanter on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:23 am

You need to go back to the doctor with one of your parents, and demand copies of all of the sleep studies. Not just a page summary, but the graphs that show your sleep cycles, body position, oxygen saturation, etc. There is so much more than the just the numbers. And even if they don't feel the results are useful, those graphs should exist, and you have a legal right to them.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:25 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:You need to go back to the doctor with one of your parents, and demand copies of all of the sleep studies. Not just a page summary, but the graphs that show your sleep cycles, body position, oxygen saturation, etc. There is so much more than the just the numbers. And even if they don't feel the results are useful, those graphs should exist, and you have a legal right to them.

Alright, I'm going to take pics of everything and just cross off my info. I just thought that some vital numbers would be enough for an interpretation. But at the end of the day, this isn't the main test. The 4th test I took was more complete because I slept.

Now you can have all the theories on how I can attain all the records, but the bottom line is that they don't do it right. What am I gonna do, sue them? Look if I call and they say no 100 times, what more can I do? I was talking to the assistant for like 5 minutes. It's not like anything is gonna change if I call back tomorrow and ask the same thing.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier