BEEP..BEEP Service Required on PR 550P

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: BEEP..BEEP Service Required

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:18 am

css28 wrote:Thank you!
did you think we were just making that up?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:30 pm

I wonder if heads rolled over that cock-up at PR? What did they save by making that decision on the series 50 board production... a penny per unit? Look how much bad publicity it's gained on this forum alone. One other thing: the pressure sensors just slide onto a couple of nipples and are held in place along the x-y axis of the board simply by the tension of the board. I would have thought a simple plastic coupling that had an O ring and a clip fit would have been a better long term solution. But that would probably have cost a whole dollar more.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

css28

Post by css28 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Viewing the thread on my iPad the picture posted before only showed the board to the left of the card reader.

I asked to see a view of the 60 series board in order to clarify what had been described.

The new photos did the trick.

FWIW, my 50 series has a plastic tab molded into the top cover that looks as if it would do the trick anyhow.

Quite an attitude you have there, palerider.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:30 pm

css28 wrote:Quite an attitude you have there, palerider.
I just asked a simple question, you spun it into an "attitude"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:05 pm

I found a spare screw that was the right size. Didn't have a washer so I put electrical tape on the top of the PC board and cut a hole in it for the screw.

I reassembled it all and will try it out tonight. If there are any issues, I'll switch over to my backup machine as they are on the shelf right next to each other and all I have to do is move the hose over.

If it's not happy, I'll check the error code tomorrow as described in the other threads and report back.

I found it interesting that it took a while to perceive the problem because I'm asleep/half-asleep when it happens.

Thanks for the help!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:31 pm

css28 wrote:Viewing the thread on my iPad the picture posted before only showed the board to the left of the card reader.
when you see pics on the forum that are too wide, right click and 'view image' and then you can see the whole thing.

css28

Post by css28 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:46 am

palerider wrote:
css28 wrote:Viewing the thread on my iPad the picture posted before only showed the board to the left of the card reader.
when you see pics on the forum that are too wide, right click and 'view image' and then you can see the whole thing.
I'd frankly never had this problem before with other forums--usually the view widens automatically to show the whole thing.

On the iPad, the solution (once I understood the situation) was to save the photo then view it in the pictures app. I can't right click anything on this platform.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 am

css28 wrote:
palerider wrote:
I'd frankly never had this problem before with other forums--usually the view widens automatically to show the whole thing.

On the iPad, the solution (once I understood the situation) was to save the photo then view it in the pictures app. I can't right click anything on this platform.
it would be nicer if the forum resized things... but as to how to view an image on the ipad, I don't have one, but I'd hope there'd be some easier way... perhaps not.

just remember, anytime you see a pic going off the side, it's probably cut off.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 am

Well, I'm hoping that adding the screw fixed it - fingers crossed.
In the first chart below, at no point during the night did I turn off the machine but it turned itself off four times that night. I have autostart enabled so I just breathed into my nasal pillows and it started again.
Before and after the repair charts are below.
The memory card does have the "e" error file folder on it with the binary error code files in it but I'm hoping that I won't have to delve into it any deeper.
Thanks for the advice!

Before Repair:

After Repair:

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Send an PM to forum member Ian (accurate) at the CPAP repair company Accurate Biomed and ask him if he's got any suggestions... he's a good guy and very helpful. If the machine isn't too old they may be able to wrangle you a new series 60 replacement for a nominal fee. Don't mention your modifications and you might have to take out the screw if you ship it to them (warranty voiding, etc.)

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 am

Someone posted a link to a System One service manual on another site but I've lost it.

Can someone repost that please?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

Guest wrote:Someone posted a link to a System One service manual on another site but I've lost it.

Can someone repost that please?
it's in the member files section on apneaboard.com

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks for the pointer - I got a copy. And damned if the flow and pressure sensors aren't right next to the post with the missing screw! Before seeing this, I wasn't sure how much effect a supposedly unneeded screw would have but now it makes perfect sense as it's where the flow and pressure sensors connect to the flow manifold. The service manual procedure makes it clear that a screw is not used during the assembly, so it's not a manufacturing defect but rather a design change to decide not to insert the screw. Further confirmed by the fact that there reportedly is a screw there in the 560 series. Disappointing at best!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:05 pm

yaconsult wrote:Further confirmed by the fact that there reportedly is a screw there in the 560 series. Disappointing at best!
oh, there is, there's a picture of it in this very thread.

Respironics slogan: "engineering, we've heard of it".

Last edited by palerider on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

yaconsult

Re: BEEP..BEEP Service Required on PR 550P

Post by yaconsult » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:43 pm

What was more important to me was the picture showing what's under the area without the screw as I did not remove the board when I put the screw in. If it was just holding the board down, the clips do an adequate job of that. But if the sensors don't have a good seal against the manifold, then the pressures are not going to be sensed properly. I hope that the guy who decided that the screw wasn't needed lost his job.