What is your AHI?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bird dog

Re: What is your AHI?

Post by bird dog » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:54 am

Mine for the past 3 nights with new machine were 2.0 first night,then 1.5 second and last night.9 so very happy.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 am

Update:

The newest thing that is going on is I am opening my mouth a lot in the middle of the night. In the morning I will wake up and my throat will hurt bad and be really dry. I lowered my minimum pressure to 12 to see if that will help.

This is something new that has been happening, I had never done this before. I have a full face mask that I could use but my wife said whenever I used to use it I would snore alot. So I don't think that would be good. I will try to post my stats from Sleepyhead because I am sure there are big signs of leakage. Any suggestions on what to do?

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:35 am

Could I have been snoring with the full face mask because the min pressure was too low? It was a long time ago when I used it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:39 am

joeljjk11 wrote:Could I have been snoring with the full face mask because the min pressure was too low? It was a long time ago when I used it.
Yep. Most likely.
Often people need more pressure when using a full face mask than they can get by with with when using a nasal mask...and we already know that your minimum pressure wasn't even optimal for a nasal mask.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks! I will try the full face mask and see if it helps. Any suggestions on the minimum pressure to use?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 am

For a full face mask you would at least need to use a minimum pressure that worked well with the nasal pillow mask...and you hadn't really found that pressure yet.
So at least what you were last using with the nasal pillows and probably a little more.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:59 am

.61 average
Morbius, are you bored?

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:32 am

Success with the Airfit F10 Full Face mask!! Last night I had AHI of 4.9, which is the lowest I have ever had in my two months of CPAP treatment, and there was no signs of leakage. My wife also did not say that I was snoring, minimum pressure was 12. I went to bed pretty late so I'm a little tired but I think I have figured out what mask to use.