2factors card reader or CPAPs package deal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

2factors card reader or CPAPs package deal

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:35 pm

Just wondering how many of you have the 2factors card reader vs those who got the CPAP.com's reader.

Have you had any trouble with setup or usage with yours--either version. I know BP is really having a hard time with his 2factors version, and if this is common with the 2factors version it wouldn't be worth the savings--although I really need to do this the most economical way.

I still wonder why on the CPAP.com site it states
System Requirements
Respironics Smartcard Reader. (Other readers are not compatible with this software.)

if you really can use other readers as many of you are.
Thanks,
Esther
___

Born Tired

Post by Born Tired » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:37 pm

Oops. Forgot to sign in. That guest was me.
Esther
___
My husband says, "Esther is not a morning person---and it goes downhill from there."

I Thes. 5:16 "Rejoice evermore."

biggziff

Post by biggziff » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:30 pm

It's the same reader.

elliejose

Post by elliejose » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:26 pm

I got mine from 2factors. Haven't had any trouble at all. Just took a little longer to get here than I expected.

Josie

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:37 pm

I had no problems with my 2factors reader at all. It's the exact same card reader as the packaged one. The difference is that it's coming straight from the manufacturer instead of through a middleman, so it's cheaper. I got it back in August, and it's worked flawlessly, and saved me a TON of money.

Born Tired

Post by Born Tired » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:49 pm

OK, I'm convinced. Was just very nervous since BP is having soooo much trouble. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't that way for others.
Thanks bunches,
Esther
My husband says, "Esther is not a morning person---and it goes downhill from there."

I Thes. 5:16 "Rejoice evermore."

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:08 am

I purchased the package from cpap for $199 and haven' t had any problem with it. It is made by Mako, the same as 2factors. I assume Mako is the manufacturer of many including cpaps. It's just ordering straight from the manufacturer I assume.

Stryker5777

Post by Stryker5777 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:02 am

I also bought my reader from 2factor.com and haven't had one problem with it. Just make sure that you use the driver that comes with your encore software disk the updates from mako will NOT work. I would think that they would have made the software a little more flexible, but I guess not.

FJC

Post by FJC » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:08 am

Same here, bought the reader from 2factors and it works fantastically. Box says "Mako-Tech", but the reader in the box says Infineer, just like the one that comes in the bundle.
--FJC (Frank)
Having a positive attitude makes a huge difference in CPAP therapy - and vice versa!
Ride that loop!

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:34 am

I think sleepyman has the drivers that work posted on his website, for people to download if they don't have the drivers CD from Respironics:

"setup.exe" drivers file URL to drivers for the Mako card reader on "sleepyman's" website.

I bought a USB card reader from cpap.com and much later bought a Mako reader for the future. No problem at all with it working. I already had Encore Pro installed though, and the correct drivers were already in place.