Waking at 3 PM, taking clonazepam

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nick Danger

Re: Waking at 3 PM, taking clonazepam

Post by Nick Danger » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 pm

In fact, Avi, on your excerpt from Consumer Reports it is the 3rd best on your list. Clonazepam is also known as Klonopin.

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 am

I went to get a 9 pm last night and slept til 4 am, which is an improvement. I am at my best if I sleep between 8 & 9 hours per night. Also, no clonazepam at 4 am. Taking it now, at 5:45 am, now that I am up for the day.

I can't be sure, but I suspect the increase in anxiety I have experienced over the last two years is due to the UARS - and over the last month, when I have slept well, my anxiety levels have dropped a lot, as well as the amount of meds I take.

I will now stay up all day, with no naps, even though I know I will be tired! And hopefully I will not wake up until 5 am tomorrow, which would be pretty good.

Apparently Clonazepam is used to treat restless legs (older drug for that) as well as parasomnias, like sleep walking, because it reduces the amount of stage 3 sleep, which is when parasomnias tend to occur.

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:49 am

tiredmemo wrote:I have been taking clonazepam now for 2 1/2 weeks. Mr Dr has me taking it 1/2 hour before bed. I also am having problems with stress and such in fact I am up sleepwalking which I have never done before. He thinks maybe I am acting out my dreams. With it I am only getting up 1 time a night now so it must be working. The only problem I find is I am sometimes a little forgetful in the am hours. I can't imagine taking it during the am hours.
Clonazepam is used to treat parasomnias, like sleepwalking, talking in your sleep, night terrors, etc. That's probably why the doc gave it to you.

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 am

Hawthorne wrote:Sounds like a good plan! Hope it works. I sure hear you about waking up and not being able to get back to sleep! The mind starts to worry about all kinds if things!

Try not to get too worried if the "getting back to sleep" problem happens once in a while. You will get back on track!
Thanks for the support, Hawthorne.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:27 pm

You're very welcome! Hope things continue to improve. Hang in there!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

tiredmemo

Post by tiredmemo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Nick Danger you are correct. I am only prescribed 1mg and this is to help with my movements at night. (husband said I am jerking a lot since starting the cpap). I only took 1/2 of the pill the last 2 nights and am back to jerking and not sleeping lot's of waking up moments that I remember. I tend to fool with my mask a lot at night. I have switched from the nasal to a full face mask and this seems to help with that but am still messing with it. I will be going back to the 1 mg dose tonight.

tiredmemo

Post by tiredmemo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Sorry Marchwinds didn't see the 2nd page with your comment. I think you are correct. I have been really stressed with the new changes and major changes in my life along with job stress. I think not sleeping might have something to do with it. When I was sent for my study I told them under no circumstance did I have this breathing thing. Hahahahaha was I wrong. I snore like a fighter jet according to the study. I can't believe my husband never said anything about it before the Dr asked about it. She snores.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Image you're using a lousy (cheap) CPAP because it does not provide data of your treatment. Any chances that you could change it to S9 Elite? In my case the DME did the same trick and gave the S9 Escape. But after I asked them to take it back they did and gave me an S9 Elite. Otherwise, you can buy this used one:

http://www.dotmed.com/listing/cpap/resm ... e-/1706139

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

avi123 wrote:Image you're using a lousy (cheap) CPAP because it does not provide data of your treatment. Any chances that you could change it to S9 Elite? In my case the DME did the same trick and gave the S9 Escape. But after I asked them to take it back they did and gave me an S9 Elite. Otherwise, you can buy this used one:

http://www.dotmed.com/listing/cpap/resm ... e-/1706139
My machine provides me with quite a lot of data - I use Sleepyhead to review it. I will look into my options when I purchase, which will probably be in September. I'm Canadian, so the system and options will be different here - I will have to see what I can get. The Ontario Assistive Devices Program covers 75% of the cost of the PAP machine, so I am not sure which options I get to choose from.

Last edited by MarchWinds on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:26 am

Stayed awake all day yesterday and even did a really tough workout at the dojo - slept from around 8:45 to 4:40. Pretty good - I seem to be heading in the right direction. Hoping I won't feel like sh*t today. Oh yeah, and I did not get up and take clonazepam.

MarchWinds

Post by MarchWinds » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 am

Slept from 9 to 5:15 and only woke up to go to the bathroom at 2 am. A lot better. I will never take clonazepam in the middle of the night again.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:15 am

That's great! You have this under control!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

tiredmemo

Post by tiredmemo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:59 am

For the moment my machine is mine and they said they only sell the Escape Auto (which is what I have) or the Elite. I think either way the work.