Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Blowerhead

Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14

Post by Blowerhead » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:54 pm

I just posted this on another forum, but it's pretty big news for CPAP users so I figured I'd post it here too.

http://investor.resmed.com/phoenix.zhtm ... highlight=

And:

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr ... toset.html

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Hmmmm.

robysue

Post by robysue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:43 am

While the User manual is available at http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme ... er_eng.pdf, the link for the Clinical manual requires a login and password before you can download it. *sigh*.

There are no screen shots of what the "long version" of the on-board Sleep Quality Report looks like, but access to AHI data must still be enabled in the Clinical Menu according to the User guide. (*sigh*)

There are no screen shots of what data is available through the patient oriented myAir web-based application for looking at your own data. So we don't know whether myAir gives us any more detail than the current SleepSeeker web app does.

Wireless is apparently now built in to the machine, rather than an add-on module. Resmed is advertising a new "Air View" web app to DMEs that pushes the ease of using wireless to monitor compliance data. (See http://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthcare- ... ystem.html for additional details about Air View) There are no clear indications, however, about what efficacy data is wirelessly transmitted: The whole focus of what's currently available about Air View focuses on easing the burden of monitoring compliance. And the ease of changing the pressure setting wirelessly ("once the doctor's approval is received") is also mentioned---there's no mention about any obligation to inform the patient of changes to the pressure setting. And that disturbs me.

The AirSense 10 machines do still have an SD slot. But I can find no about what efficacy data is transmitted wirelessly and whether the flow rate data is still recorded directly to the SD card.

Indeed, there's pretty limited information available as far as efficacy data is concerned. The AirSense 10 Elite and AutoSet do still have CA detection (no surprise) and they now will flag CSR breathing patterns. But there's no information about whether high resolution data is (or is not) available and whether high resolution flow rate data requires downloading from the SD card. There's no real mention of the high resolution flow rate data at all that I can find. Or rather---there's a picture of a flow rate curve that is used to illustrate how the "Auto Ramp" feature works----it uses the flow rate data to guesstimate when the patient falls asleep and the ramping up to full therapy pressure does not start until after the machine thinks you are asleep. (But apparently it does not try to "sense" when the patient awakens during the night to automatically lower the pressure back down the way the Icon Auto's SenseAwake feature does.)

There's no comparison between the new clinical AirView application and the existing EasyCare Online that I wrote about in this post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98260&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 30#p911338. But flow rate data does not seem to be displayed anywhere in the reports that are generated by EasyCare Online.

Physician

Is there a comparison to the S9 ?

Post by Physician » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:48 am

Nice posts. Is there a comparison to the S9 ?

robysue

Re: Is there a comparison to the S9 ?

Post by robysue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 am

Physician wrote:Nice posts. Is there a comparison to the S9 ?
I spent the last hour on the Resmed pages and I could NOT find any direct comparisons to the S9 series.

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:10 am

Finally. Looks like an alarm radio!

From the images it appears they made the humidifier smaller again which I believe they did on the previous series.

Physician

Post by Physician » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 am

Overflow wrote:Finally. Looks like an alarm radio!

From the images it appears they made the humidifier smaller again which I believe they did on the previous series.

So that might make the humidifier run out of H20 before the end of sleep ?

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 am

Physician wrote:

Looks like there might be quite a bit of depth there as well though, if you imagine the tank tracing the profile of the machine.

Well one new feature they mention is wireless connectivity. But it clearly still has an SD card slot so the fears about data lockout are probably not realised. Also has ambient light sensor which seems a bit of a non feature as previous screen goes off quick anyway.

Here is side profile from video. Seems like a lot of empty space above waterline.

But it seems to fit into the body like a glove so an extra cavity:

Definitely looks to be an improvement with just a simple hinge design instead of those 2 layers on S9.

Ah so Autoramp is meant to work just like the Intellisense sleep on F&P Icon series. Good, that is a useful feature.

And I see that the tubing now has a swivel elbow like the Respironics series.

And has CSR detection now in addition to CSA.

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 am

robysue wrote:While the User manual is available at http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme ... er_eng.pdf, the link for the Clinical manual requires a login and password before you can download it. *sigh*.
Ah so the wireless:

Wireless module
Technology used: CDMA (USA and Canada only)
2G GSM (all regions except USA and Canada)

Is just for remote data, not wifi.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:04 am

Not wifi? Dumb. Internet of Things is rapidly growing and was an easy option compared to cellular.

Anyone got any sense of price?

Not as excited now I know more...

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 am

I like the looks of it. it has a less medical look when sitting on the nightstand.

The ambient light detection is nice... sometimes at 2-3 AM you don't need the full brightness of the display.

I checked out the users manual that Robysue pointed out.... It appears that the top of the humidifier chamber pivots open to fill it. It shows some sort of gasket inside the machine that needs to be maintained to prevent leaks. They mention availability of a standard chamber and a cleanable version as well.

From the photo's I've seen so far, they seem to have made the heat part of the humidifier built into the new machine. Does that mean that if the heater in your humidifier dies, you need a completely new machine?

The lack of Wi-fi doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others. I do wish that there was a USB port that would allow use of a flash drive for getting data instead of the SD card.

The big question for me will be what software will be required for reading data off the SD card on the new machines. I didn't see any reference to compatability with the current Rescan software.

Dave

Overflow wrote:
Physician wrote:

Looks like there might be quite a bit of depth there as well though, if you imagine the tank tracing the profile of the machine.

Well one new feature they mention is wireless connectivity. But it clearly still has an SD card slot so the fears about data lockout are probably not realised. Also has ambient light sensor which seems a bit of a non feature as previous screen goes off quick anyway.

Here is side profile from video. Seems like a lot of empty space above waterline.

But it seems to fit into the body like a glove so an extra cavity:

Definitely looks to be an improvement with just a simple hinge design instead of those 2 layers on S9.

Ah so Autoramp is meant to work just like the Intellisense sleep on F&P Icon series. Good, that is a useful feature.

And I see that the tubing now has a swivel elbow like the Respironics series.

And has CSR detection now in addition to CSA.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:18 pm

I just got off the phone with my new DME.
The "For Her" cabinet is white with a subtle abstract nature graphic, but
also has programming specifically designed for female breathing. (there's a difference?)
I will be taking a gander when he gets them in. --No more S9's!
Still planning to see some reviews before I hit the switch.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

I think I'd wait until the bugs are worked out once people start using it on a regular day to day use. I never jump in first, I let the brave ones do that.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:20 pm

I hope it does more for those of us who have a really ugly Flow Limitation Graph while still maintaining an AHI of 2 or less.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:35 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I just got off the phone with my new DME.
The "For Her" cabinet is white with a subtle abstract nature graphic, but
also has programming specifically designed for female breathing. (there's a difference?).
any amphibian models? maybe with some nice flies silk screened on? I'm sure frogs have different breathing patterns, don't you?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.