Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Physician

Re: Resmed Airsense 10 announced today. US availability 8/18/14

Post by Physician » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 pm

palerider wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I prefer photobucket--no one has to share information to look--just a little from me to share my image.
When a link asks for my email before I can see anything, I automatically quit the window.
Phishing is rarely harmless.
he's trying, allegedly, to share a pdf that he got from 'somewhere' but can't remember where from.

does photobucket do pdfs? (I've never looked into it)

No one asked from where it was derived. Answer = ResMed

Palerider, why do you have so much anger and unhappiness ?

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:07 pm

palerider wrote:does photobucket do pdfs? (I've never looked into it)
Doesn't do PDF but one could do a screenshot or snip of one and upload it as a gif, jpg, jpeg, png, or bmp

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Physician wrote:Palerider, why do you have so much anger and unhappiness ?
incompetence and intellectual lazyness makes me cranky... please stop.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Physician

Post by Physician » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:00 pm

palerider wrote:
Physician wrote:Palerider, why do you have so much anger and unhappiness ?
incompetence and intellectual lazyness makes me cranky.

Ah, so you have good reason to be cranky over yourself. Thanks for the explanation.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Granny is not one to cross.

But I am feeling fine tonight.

ChicagoGramps

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Palerider enjoys "yanking chains" when the result amuses him.
I know it makes me a bad frog, but sometimes I, too, am amused.
I'm sorry that my humor is so cheaply bought, but somewhere, I hopped the wrong way.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Palerider enjoys "yanking chains" when the result amuses him.
I know it makes me a bad frog, but sometimes I, too, am amused.
I'm sorry that my humor is so cheaply bought, but somewhere, I hopped the wrong way.
you could never be a bad frog but perhaps you are drawn that way

and I'm sure you're not cheap, economical, perhaps?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

daytona

Post by daytona » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Here is a direct link to download the comparison between the the s9 series and the new airsense 10. I hope it's helpful; the original file sharing site was very difficult to work with (kept popping up new windows) and wouldn't accept my email address.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkzan3a5trw8k ... -Guide.pdf

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 pm

daytona wrote:Here is a direct link to download the comparison between the the s9 series and the new airsense 10. I hope it's helpful; the original file sharing site was very difficult to work with (kept popping up new windows) and wouldn't accept my email address.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkzan3a5trw8k ... -Guide.pdf
way to go! *high five*

ribman

Post by ribman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:12 pm

I was an Resmed Autoset S9 user since they were made, and have owned 2 of them. But had to replace the last one so I went with the new Resmed Airsense10 Autoset. I have had it for about a week. So far I like it because the humidifier seems to work on me much better than the H5i. The Airsense10 is much more quiet compared to my last 2 S9's. I was having a problem falling asleep with the S9, but the Autosleep setting on the Airsense10 seems to be working better for me and I am falling asleep much quicker. My pressure setting is 13 and I start the ramp @9. I do not use the wireless feature. I save the data on the SD and am able to use it with the REsmed software problem free.

SgtWilko

Post by SgtWilko » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Regarding S9 vs AirSense 10 differences, for those who care about battery operation (camping, fishing, hunting, power outage backup, etc), note that the S9 is still the lowest power consumption option.

12 Volts DC power consumption data at 10 cm H2O (extracted from Resmed Battery guide):
S8 II Autoset -- 0.84 A
S9 Autoset -- 0.55 A
A10 Autoset -- 0.93 A

Above data is with humidifier OFF and non-heated tubing for S9, A10.

Also, the DC converter for the A10 does not seem to be out yet. An S9 DC Converter could be easily modified to work with an A10 by cutting of the S9 DC plug and replacing it with one compatible with the A10 (voiding your warranty in the process, of course). Both devices are spec'd at 24VDC @ 3.75 A (90W)

I use both the S8 II and S9 when fishing or camping. I get about 4 nights (≈30h) and 6 nights (≈45h) respectively with a 4 lbs, 222W-h Li-Ion battery pack. I prefer the size of the S8 II when I am out in the wild and that's my go to choice unless I need more than 4 nights of autonomy. The A10 would be inconvenient for camping, not just because of its increased power consumption but also because it is larger than either a S8 II or S9 (sans their humidifier).

SgtWilko

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Did anyone else notice the A10 power supply seems a little "DELL"-ish?

The centre pin looks very much like a communications pin, which on a DELL solely exists to make sure you don't use third party power supplies.

It could very well be a small voltage for something else, that needs checking with a multimeter to know for sure, but whatever the case, these power cable designs are notorious for failing by breakages in the little pins wiring when the cable is bent too much. (I went through an awful lot of Dell power supplies)

I don't think this would be anywhere near as bad in the case of a CPAP machine, as it isn't moved around anywhere near like a notebook computer, however I do suggest being mindful of this when wrapping your cables up when taking the machine somewhere... it certainly won't hurt to be a little extra gentle with it.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Mike70

Post by Mike70 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't have an A10 yet, but I opened the S9 power supply, cut the cable and performed lots of measurements and tests. It turns out that the S9 power supply actually has a serial data communications line to identify itself to the S9 machine. The reason is to exclude third party manufacturers from the game. I would guess that ResMed did not drop this "feature" when they designed the A10.

My current measurements with my S9 are (@7 cm):
  • Average with H5i and ClimateLine: 1.1 A
    Max current measured: 3.0 A (power supply can supply 3.75 A)
    Warming up: 2.1 A
    Warmed up (not breathing): 860 mA
    Standby (display off): 62 mA
    Standby (display on): 82 mA

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Mike70 wrote:I don't have an A10 yet, but I opened the S9 power supply, cut the cable and performed lots of measurements and tests. It turns out that the S9 power supply actually has a serial data communications line to identify itself to the S9 machine.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101190&p=944896&hilit=pins#p944896

no clue why you tacked this on to a thread about the as10

I'd also point out that power draw from the device is pretty meaningless, since there's going to be something else adding to that power draw, depending on how the machine is powered, and the efficiencies of that device, whether the mains converter or the 12v boost converter are as important.