ASV Need prescription terms definitions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: ASV Need prescription terms definitions

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:51 pm

photonic wrote: Very helpful again (you rock). So why then do some people post that this makes breathing more uncomfortable. Seems odd to me...
that likely comes down to 'different people are different'...

some people find 4cm of air to be stiffling, like they can't breath, some people like it fine, which is why most machines start there, (some even go down to 3cm).

some people find 10cm to be too hard to breath out against, while others don't have a problem with 20, or even 25cm.

lots of people start out feeling that they're working against the pressure of the machine and after a fairly short time can't really tell it's even on. (sometimes I wave my hand in front of the vent to make sure, the perils of a quiet machine, I guess )

so, why do some people just have to have xflex/epr and others don't like it.... ya got me

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 pm

palerider wrote:
photonic wrote:Thanks aytikvjo , I was posting before I had read your post. Your explanations help on this very complicated topic. The Timed inspiration still evades me. Does this mean that the machine pulses me for a length of 1.5 seconds? What happens next if I still don't initiate a breath?
it will keep doing it 1.5 seconds inhale, at an 11 breath per minute rate (based on the other numbers you said)
this may help:
http://action.lung.org/site/DocServer/D ... ocID=12186
A great resource. Thanks.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Thank you all again.
Now that am getting adventure out with my settings, I think I will try turning of the Biflex tonight and see if I can tell the difference.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote: this may help:
http://action.lung.org/site/DocServer/D ... ocID=12186
A great resource. Thanks.[/quote]

that was one of the things I dug up when I was figuring out what my friend with CSR needed...

there's a couple more (at least) that can be dug out of google, but that one has the basics.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.