Just tested Newbe

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jskala

Re: Just tested Newbe

Post by jskala » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 am

EarlyBird wrote:So I just got tested Monday night, the place I got tested will help get a machine and equipment but I know that from reading posts here the 1st step is to get the best fit on a mask and then worry about the machine. The place I was test seems to only carry "We carry Respironics System One CPAP machines" one brand of machine and not a wide variety of masks.

I'm trying to find in the Twins Cities West Metro the best place to test and get fitted for a mask, and eventually a machine, I have Aetna Insurance so finding something that's "In network" is best but I do want to get the best fit I can since I'll need to be using this daily into the far future..

This is all really new to me so I thank you all for the help/advice in advance.

EarlyBird
Machine first mask second is the best policy. Read my mistakes viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99463&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
I am still trying to get my Brick swapped out for a data machine. took me 4 days just to get my script from the doctor to another DME. Now they said they only carry the resmed s9 auto. and I hope whenever they have my stuff that is true so I don't have to mess around more. I am very limited on DME's in my area. Unless I want to deal with Apria or another national . Good luck and don't take a brick you will not be happy.

Jeff241

Re: Just tested Newbe

Post by Jeff241 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 am

You could try Reliable Medical Supply, I use the one in Waite Park. The closest to you would be in Brooklyn Park.
https://www.reliamed.com/locations.php
They were recommended to me by someone that has been using a CPAP for years.
They gave me a ResMed S9 Autoset without having to ask and I was prepared to ask for a PR or ResMed non-bricks when I went in.
YMMV