Selling ResMed S9 Elite W/ H5i Heated humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Samxoxo

Re: Selling ResMed S9 Elite W/ H5i Heated humidifier

Post by Samxoxo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 am

Wow some of you guys are so judgemental, i had 6 sleep studies done and they still couldnt guess what my problem was... Thing is for the cpap to work you would have to be sleeping. They thought i wasnt geting enough sleep because of an airway issue. All 6 sleep studies i did i didnt sleep. My problem was that i couldnt sleep at all at night. Only in the morning. The result to this was a cpl yrs ago 2 guys broke into my house (lived alone w/ my 6 month old at the time) shot my dog and thank god the police came right when they broked down my bedroom door. So you can see why i dont sleep at night. My anxiety takes over and i go days without sleeping... But i got use to it!!! So on with my life i got pregnant dec of 2012 and lost it do to an accident, Which lead to deep depression... It went on for a cpl of months and i seeked out help i tried the cpap but like i said do you know how funny it was to be up the entire night with this machine yea. Anyways i ended up getting pregnant in sept and i was so HAPPY!!! After that i started sleeping, like really sleeping. Go to bed around 9-10 and get up around 7. So you can be judgmental all you want but im still happy... I gave Birth to a beautiful baby girl, Alyssa 7lbs 10oz very healthy... Just wanted to share my story guys...

P.s. Sold the machine

-Sam

Ford Guy

Post by Ford Guy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 am

ShelaghDB wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:--and a usage total of a mere 47 hours means your baby was probably starving for oxygen throughout gestation--
at least while you were sleeping. I do hope his/her related developmental problems are minor, Poor child.

I really can't believe you actually said that!
You know NOTHING about this woman yet you decide to tell her her child has developmental problems?

/shakes head

I will ask this forum once again.
WTF is wrong with some of you people?????
Was your mother oxygen deprived?

I was drawn to this post because I am looking to update my S8......I think Chunky is right!
S8 Autoset II is back up

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:35 am

ShelaghDB wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:--and a usage total of a mere 47 hours means your baby was probably starving for oxygen throughout gestation--
at least while you were sleeping. I do hope his/her related developmental problems are minor, Poor child.

I really can't believe you actually said that!
You know NOTHING about this woman yet you decide to tell her her child has developmental problems?

/shakes head

I will ask this forum once again.
WTF is wrong with some of you people?????
+100

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 am

JustTia wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Denial doesn't just hurt the patient when a fetus is involved.
This is serious, and I can't pretend that such irresponsibility does not bother me.
This is for the sake of the child, and babies carried by other mothers in denial of their apnea.
This +1. My daughter died at 30 weeks gestation of a rare birth defect, even though I was doing "all the right things". I can't imagine purposely choosing to risk her life because I dislike what I have to do to be healthy.
My deepest sympathy JustTia for your loss. I can't imagine experiencing that.

49er

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 am

Mabutu wrote:having followed some of shelagh's posts , i take my hat off to her because it appears she keeps an open mind

Speaking hypothetically

Assume this was a forum for people suffering from depression

A member posts that she no longer wants to go to her 6 monthly electroconvulsive therapy treatments

All her life bullied at school , parents abandoned her ,abused as a child , no friends , no love , Zilch. Menial jobs cleaning plates as a kitchen hand.

Then one day she falls madly in love with one of the diners . They marry have 3 beautiful children . She posts here that she has found true happiness for the first time in life. She conceedes she hasn't gone to her psychiatrist for years and has missed her electric shock therapy sessions. But she's never been happier. Hasn't been depressed for years.

Would we still lambast her for her stupid belief that she no longer has a "disease" called depression ? that she must be suffering from denial and inexorably her biochemical brain imbalance will rear its ugly head ?
Sadly, on various depression boards, she would be lambasted big time. Personally, I would be cheering her but I digress.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:49 am

49er wrote:
JustTia wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Denial doesn't just hurt the patient when a fetus is involved.
This is serious, and I can't pretend that such irresponsibility does not bother me.
This is for the sake of the child, and babies carried by other mothers in denial of their apnea.
This +1. My daughter died at 30 weeks gestation of a rare birth defect, even though I was doing "all the right things". I can't imagine purposely choosing to risk her life because I dislike what I have to do to be healthy.
My deepest sympathy JustTia for your loss. I can't imagine experiencing that.

49er
Thank you. It's been 16 months now. It changed me profoundly. But I've used the grief in a positive way, to make myself a better person, and to get healthier. For her. She was tiny (2 lb 14 oz), but a mighty force in my life.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

ems

Post by ems » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 am

Samxoxo wrote:... I gave Birth to a beautiful baby girl, Alyssa 7lbs 10oz very healthy...

-Sam
Aww... congratulations! Alyssa is such a beautiful name!

Glad you sold your machine.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

ems

Post by ems » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 am

49er wrote:
Mabutu wrote:having followed some of shelagh's posts , i take my hat off to her because it appears she keeps an open mind

Speaking hypothetically

Assume this was a forum for people suffering from depression

A member posts that she no longer wants to go to her 6 monthly electroconvulsive therapy treatments

All her life bullied at school , parents abandoned her ,abused as a child , no friends , no love , Zilch. Menial jobs cleaning plates as a kitchen hand.

Then one day she falls madly in love with one of the diners . They marry have 3 beautiful children . She posts here that she has found true happiness for the first time in life. She conceedes she hasn't gone to her psychiatrist for years and has missed her electric shock therapy sessions. But she's never been happier. Hasn't been depressed for years.

Would we still lambast her for her stupid belief that she no longer has a "disease" called depression ? that she must be suffering from denial and inexorably her biochemical brain imbalance will rear its ugly head ?
Sadly, on various depression boards, she would be lambasted big time. Personally, I would be cheering her but I digress.
I agree and would be cheering her on also. Crazy to think that she couldn't possibly recover from depression when some wonderful things started happening in her life.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

abrniidgrl

Post by abrniidgrl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:27 am

I am interested. Please message me if still available. How much are you asking?