How many pillows do you use?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
englandsf

Re: How many pillows do you use?

Post by englandsf » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Anyone know a way to avoid tucking an arm under your head when side sleeping, as it messes up my elbows when I do it...?

Nozzelnut

Post by Nozzelnut » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

englandsf wrote:Anyone know a way to avoid tucking an arm under your head when side sleeping, as it messes up my elbows when I do it...?
I've seen pics of something called the falcon position where your lower/under arm goes along side your body instead of under your head. Or you could try another smaller pillow under your hand forearm (kind of what I do) so it doesn't straighten out as much.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 pm

englandsf wrote:Anyone know a way to avoid tucking an arm under your head when side sleeping, as it messes up my elbows when I do it...?
I stretch my arms straight out in front of me. If you have the room, go for it, lol. My bottom arm is straight out - I bunch up the blanket a little near my wrist to prop it and give my elbow a bit of comfortable bend (just ever so slightly flexed). Top arm also stretched out straight ahead, completely relaxed. I used to like to bend at the elbow and rest my palm on the bed, but in the last few years that makes my hand fall asleep. So I just stretch both arms out. Most nights I sleep alone because the hubs works third shift, but when we happen to share a bed I just use him to prop up my wrist instead of blankets.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm

I've got tha down on one side but not the other (shared king size bed sleeping near edge on one side)

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 pm

I sleep with one king-sized side-sleeper pillow, with a standard side-sleeper pillow stacked on it, and giving me a "shelf" on either side to hang the FFM if I should be wearing one. Mostly, I wear the Headrest or the Tap Pap which don't require that.

Without the two pillows, my head ends up tipped down and my sinuses fill up.

I also use a standard pillow between my knees to help keep my body aligned.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5