Cleveland clinic Home Care

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jskala

Re: Cleveland clinic Home Care

Post by jskala » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:52 am

Called Clinic Home care and because I was not given a Script for an APAP but a CPAP they said I need the doctor to write one for an APAP. Called another local DME and they can and will provide me with a PR System One REMstar Auto with A-Flex. So looks like I will call the Clinic and see about a return of the machine to them and go with another DME.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Interested to hear what they say. Keep us posted.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

jskala

Post by jskala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:46 am

Doctor at the Clinic just had there DME Resp Therapist call me to discuss. Of course I got the run around about AUTOCPAP needing to be on the script. I stressed it doesn't etc etc. And that if they give me my script I can get one any place I wish. She said she would ask the doctor based on our talk if he will give a script for one. And the reason it needs to say that is that they need to know what the variable pressure settings need to be for the Auto feature. I made an appointment to see my family doctor to see if he can help me out on this if they keep coming up short. Not happy about this at all. Had I known all this I would have not went with Cleveland Clinic home Care.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

jskala wrote:Doctor at the Clinic just had there DME Resp Therapist call me to discuss. Of course I got the run around about AUTOCPAP needing to be on the script. I stressed it doesn't etc etc. And that if they give me my script I can get one any place I wish. She said she would ask the doctor based on our talk if he will give a script for one. And the reason it needs to say that is that they need to know what the variable pressure settings need to be for the Auto feature. I made an appointment to see my family doctor to see if he can help me out on this if they keep coming up short. Not happy about this at all. Had I known all this I would have not went with Cleveland Clinic home Care.
1) they have to give you the script - any script is your by right. Put the request in writing for both the script and the sleep study and they MUST give it to you - they can charge you photo copying charges.

2) their reason is in valid - if your pressure says 8 then the tech sets the the min and max to 8 ( and then you go home and fix it to what you want)

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 am

jskala wrote:Doctor at the Clinic just had there DME Resp Therapist call me to discuss. Of course I got the run around about AUTOCPAP needing to be on the script. I stressed it doesn't etc etc. And that if they give me my script I can get one any place I wish. She said she would ask the doctor based on our talk if he will give a script for one. And the reason it needs to say that is that they need to know what the variable pressure settings need to be for the Auto feature. I made an appointment to see my family doctor to see if he can help me out on this if they keep coming up short. Not happy about this at all. Had I known all this I would have not went with Cleveland Clinic home Care.
That makes NO sense to me. My DME gave me a cpap with apap function (resmed s9 autoset, below my post). When I received it, my prescription was for straight cpap. One pressure setting. That sounds like some baloney at your local DME. I am now using my cpap in apap mode, with a pressure range, but was NOT when I received the machine. They don't have to know a range of pressures if they give you a machine that does both. Sounds weird to me.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

jskala

Post by jskala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 am

Didn't Make sense to me either. I wanted to stay with the clinic cause of there rep location sleep centers are nice etc. But looks like I will be looking for a different sleep doctor and hospital once I see my primary care doctor. I do have my sleep study report no problem getting that . Thanks for all the advice I will keep you guys updated.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 am

jskala wrote:Didn't Make sense to me either. I wanted to stay with the clinic cause of there rep location sleep centers are nice etc. But looks like I will be looking for a different sleep doctor and hospital once I see my primary care doctor. I do have my sleep study report no problem getting that . Thanks for all the advice I will keep you guys updated.
Why do you have to switch doctors in order to use a different DME? I've switched DME providers since I started, but still use the same sleep doc.

jskala

Post by jskala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:30 am

JustTia wrote:
jskala wrote:Didn't Make sense to me either. I wanted to stay with the clinic cause of there rep location sleep centers are nice etc. But looks like I will be looking for a different sleep doctor and hospital once I see my primary care doctor. I do have my sleep study report no problem getting that . Thanks for all the advice I will keep you guys updated.
Why do you have to switch doctors in order to use a different DME? I've switched DME providers since I started, but still use the same sleep doc.
Only to not have to deal with them any more. Since I am getting the run around on getting my script I will give them till end of day to get it.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:35 am

jskala wrote:
JustTia wrote:
Only to not have to deal with them any more. Since I am getting the run around on getting my script I will give them till end of day to get it.
Ah, yes, that changes things. You have the right to that, for sure. I wish you luck!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:17 am

It's the titration PSG, a cash cow no one wants to release.
I told my doc I wanted an APAP because I was hoping for a weight change, and couldn't afford doing more pricey sleep-overs.
If more people are firm about this, we might be able to eliminate dispensing the lesser machines.

jskala

Post by jskala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:23 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:It's the titration PSG, a cash cow no one wants to release.
I told my doc I wanted an APAP because I was hoping for a weight change, and couldn't afford doing more pricey sleep-overs.
If more people are firm about this, we might be able to eliminate dispensing the lesser machines.
Got another call and Run around from the Doctor about it all. Saying he can send my script to the DME but not to me. Lol oh what a load of BS. He claimed he would send it to the DME tomorrow. We will see called the DME today to verify somethings now they are trying to up charge me on my mask. Insurance said they can't do that and shouldn't .. So found another DME that has the Resmed s9 auto model 36015 which to me seems like a good data capable machine with humidifier. So I will be waiting till Friday when I see my regular doc to get a script from him with what I need so I don't have to deal with the clinic since the company I use will still need them to sign things.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:16 pm

their reason is in valid - if your pressure says 8 then the tech sets the the min and max to 8 ( and then you go home and fix it to what you want)
I don't agree that this is a valid reason. Since APAP's can run in EITHER CPAP or APAP mode, if you have a fixed pressure, all they have to do is set it for the fixed pressure. The fact that the machine is capable of doing APAP as well does not mean it MUST be set for APAP mode. It's just an excuse not to provide the more expensive machine.
So found another DME that has the Resmed s9 auto model 36015 which to me seems like a good data capable machine with humidifier.
It took some sleuthing, but that does appear to be an Autoset, which is what you want. (I googled "Resmed Auto SKU 36015"). But the fact that they are referring to it by SKU, not model name, makes me suspicious. Do NOT accept the machine without seeing for yourself that it says "Autoset", not "Autoescape" on the top of the machine, just above the on/off button. Don't let them do a "bait and switch" on you.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Janknitz wrote:
their reason is in valid - if your pressure says 8 then the tech sets the the min and max to 8 ( and then you go home and fix it to what you want)
I don't agree that this is a valid reason. Since APAP's can run in EITHER CPAP or APAP mode, if you have a fixed pressure, all they have to do is set it for the fixed pressure. The fact that the machine is capable of doing APAP as well does not mean it MUST be set for APAP mode. It's just an excuse not to provide the more expensive machine.
I believe that you misread. There's a typo in the sentence you were responding to - a space between "in" and "valid". I misread it the first time, too, but when I re-read, I saw that it said "invalid". As in, the reason was invalid.

jskala

Post by jskala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Janknitz wrote:
So found another DME that has the Resmed s9 auto model 36015 which to me seems like a good data capable machine with humidifier.
It took some sleuthing, but that does appear to be an Autoset, which is what you want. (I googled "Resmed Auto SKU 36015"). But the fact that they are referring to it by SKU, not model name, makes me suspicious. Do NOT accept the machine without seeing for yourself that it says "Autoset", not "Autoescape" on the top of the machine, just above the on/off button. Don't let them do a "bait and switch" on you.
When I Google that sku I get the Resmed auto s9 with humidifier. I the 36005 is the unit no humidifier best I can tell. I how do the resmeds work with sleepyhead

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 pm

jskala wrote:So found another DME that has the Resmed s9 auto model 36015 which to me seems like a good data capable machine with humidifier.
36015 S9 "AutoSet" with H5i

great choice.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.