Basic posting rules of this group?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Goofproof

Re: Basic posting rules of this group?

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:00 pm

englandsf wrote:Does anyone know the connection - if any - between cpap.com and this board - they might have a reason to watch behavior here.
They pay the bills, and expect you to act responsibly while you visit here, but it's the real world, not all do. It's up to everyone to throw the turds out of the sandbox, but done of us have a shovel or rake. So you find a clean corner and play nice. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Maybe people have reasons they want to post as guests!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Looks like you are the living example...
BlackSpinner wrote:In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
Have you read your above post?

ems

Post by ems » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Pugsy wrote:We have a grumpy old man here who just loves to poke fun at me and get me riled up. Sometimes I take the bait and poke back but most of the time I just ignore him. Helps me keep my blood pressure down.
I think I'll start a thread/poll about who this grumpy old man could be.

And back on topic... it would be very nice if we could post our opinions without fear of someone jumping down our throats. There will always be people who agree/disagree with whatever you say... that's the way it goes... including in the real world. Lots of people are bothered by a "guest" - I'm not... who really cares if guest has a name and how many posts he/she has. Is "Sleepyelephant" or "jigsawpuzzle" really any different from "guest".
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Sclark08 wrote:Maybe people have reasons they want to post as guests!
True, many are troublemakers, hiding under the cloak of guests. Other reasons abound, too lazy, can't afford the dues (nothing), unlike many sites, signing up here doesn't get you on spam lists or any other form of grief.

A user name or avatar, doesn't guarantee you are reliable, or a good person, it does say you are willing to be a small part of something, and by doing that you can establish a reputation, much as we all do in the real world. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 pm

I hope you are establishing your reputation other places besides the internet

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Guest wrote:Looks like you are the living example...
BlackSpinner wrote:In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
See - perfect example of a troll - has turned a definition THEY requested into an attack.

I have helped a lot of people on this site and else where - what have you do for the community lately except stir up trouble anonymously? All I have ever seen from you is turds and attacks and someone acting as if they are a bully in kindergarten. YOU as in "guest" because all "guests" look the same and get tarred by the same brush. "Guest" who is making that term equal to "troll" making it harder for other newbies who are less computer literate to get help.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

ems

Post by ems » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Sclark08 wrote:I hope you are establishing your reputation other places besides the internet

I understand your point, Sclark... the problem is your reply will just start yet another war... we have too many of them already. I smell popcorn.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 pm

I went back and looked at the discussion. Englands has been pushing nasal rinses as the end all solution simply because it worked for him. It is not a solution for everyone & he was called out for it.

I see no issue with the discussion.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
Guest wrote:Looks like you are the living example...
See - perfect example of a troll - has turned a definition THEY requested into an attack.

I have helped a lot of people on this site and else where - what have you do for the community lately except stir up trouble anonymously? All I have ever seen from you is turds and attacks and someone acting as if they are a bully in kindergarten. YOU as in "guest" because all "guests" look the same and get tarred by the same brush. "Guest" who is making that term equal to "troll" making it harder for other newbies who are less computer literate to get help.
Maybe you forgot who attacked first. Remember trolls and cyber bullies are also registered here. You appear to be two-in-one.

What you need to understand is that you have no more authority than I do and certainly do NOT have the authority to insist that anyone (everyone) MUST register or they are banished from this site. Let's establish that right now.

obtw - I have personally saved several lives in my community.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Guest wrote: obtw - I have personally saved several lives in my community.
..."in my dreams".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 pm

palerider wrote:
..."in my dreams".
In his dreams, maybe!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Goofproof wrote:
palerider wrote:
..."in my dreams".
In his dreams, maybe!
dreams, delusions of adequacy, whichever as may be.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Denial Dave wrote:I went back and looked at the discussion. Englands has been pushing nasal rinses as the end all solution simply because it worked for him. It is not a solution for everyone & he was called out for it.

perhaps now that robysue and pugsy have called him out for the same thing, albiet in more lady like fashions, he'll listen.

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:50 pm

palerider wrote:
Denial Dave wrote:I went back and looked at the discussion. Englands has been pushing nasal rinses as the end all solution simply because it worked for him. It is not a solution for everyone & he was called out for it.

perhaps now that robysue and pugsy have called him out for the same thing, albiet in more lady like fashions, he'll listen.
Hmm, I don't see the problem as englandsf has posted advice about rinsing when applicable to a thread. He was very enthusiastic about finding something that worked for him and posted to share information in good faith.

Now if he was doing it for example on a post that was totally unrelated such as finding a good sleep doctor, I would better understand your complaints. But that isn't what has been occurring.

Anyway, Palerider, as one who enjoys most of your posts, I thought you took an unfair shot at englandsf. Frankly, I hope he keeps posting his advice when applicable which so far, I feel he has been doing.

49er