3-Month Update and Request for Advice

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
igdoc

Re: 3-Month Update and Request for Advice

Post by igdoc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Latinist
It sounds like you now have a very sensible plan going forward. Keep posting to let us know of your progress.

With regards to the EPR, lowering your EPR by 1cm would, in theory, have a greater effect on reducing your central events than lowering the maximum pressure by 1cm. However this is still largely theory and the UK study has not yet got underway. I understand that your Doctor is concerned about reducing your overall ventilation slightly but this is why it can help prevent the overbreathing part of the CO2 overshoot cycle of central periodic breathing. It is unlikely to be at all detrimental to your oxygen levels as these will be far more affected by any central apneas. As previously, it will certainly not be worth it if it is too uncomfortable.
Ian

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 am

I know it's only been one night, but my first night with my new settings was my second-best ever:

AHI: 3.2
OAI: 1.9
CAI: 1.2
HI: 0.1

So far, so good!

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Over the first four days with my new settings, my CAI has decreased from 2.44 to 1.92, and my OAI from 2.72 to 2.09, with corresponding decrease in AHI. I will keep monitoring it closely.