Ticked off a little

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
aav amphibs

Re: Ticked off a little

Post by aav amphibs » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I can return it in 30 days if not happy with it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:24 pm

aav amphibs wrote:I can return it in 30 days if not happy with it.
can I borrow your credit card, I'll have someone send me 'something'. it's like a surprise box!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

aav amphibs wrote:I can return it in 30 days if not happy with it.
Make sure you get the right kind of machine to start with..

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

There is a popular saying around here.

If it is midnight and a DME tells you it is dark outside, go out and check for yourself.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 pm

It's perfectly fine to be PO'd about being told you need to sleep like an astronaut for the rest of your life!

But... you may actually be happier treated than untreated once you get adapted. There must be a doctor or technician that can explain the sleep study results to you. If you want, you could see another doctor for a second opinion. You don't need to go it alone. You probably don't need to get your equipment through the DME the diloctor suggests, but the DME I saw was actually the only one who showed me how to use the equipment.

Hang in there. The ride starts out bumpy but smooths out pretty soon.

Jim

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 pm

bwexler wrote:There is a popular saying around here.

If it is midnight and a DME tells you it is dark outside, go out and check for yourself.
yeah, there are some places where it's not dark at midnight

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Good to hear Aav, if they ordered VPAP, it's not run of the mill OSA.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Janknitz wrote:Good to hear Aav, if they ordered VPAP, it's not run of the mill OSA.
a vpap for 850 would be a steal, like, fell off the truck steal...

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Welcome AAV.

Sorry you encountered a couple rather rude individuals here.

Just for your information, I too was diagnosed with SEVERE sleep apnea just recently. I never felt tired. In fact i thought i had full energy. I was only sent for a test because I was having all of a sudden some active problems with cavities although I had not had them before and it was due to a dry mouth.
I am a mouth breather and once you pass 40 I guess it eventually causes problems with your teeth if not treated so my dentists husband owns a sleep apnea clinic so she sent me. I am not yet convinced it was altruistic of her. I do believe she was just trying to pad her pocket through her husband to be honest but whatever the cAse, i was diagnosed.

It took me about 2 months to finally have it work for me.
Unfortunately I took a detour somewhere and used a mask that was all wrong for me and didn't realize it for quite some time but someone here put me back on the right path and I quickly got it working.

The reason I am telling you this is that I too laughed when someone suggested they were tired before. I have always hit the pillow and gone out like a light and stayed asleep for 8 hours. Sleeping has NEVER been a problem for me.

But...............the first two days that i finally had it work for me, I woke up and bounded out of bed and I had more energy than before. At first I thought it was the placebo effect but a few more days convinced me that it wasn't. So although I thought i was sleeping perfectly well and didn't have any issues as i had never had insomnia problems, it appears that i wasn't doing as well as I thought and i wouldn't be surprised if you too discover the same once you get started.

As well when I have a bad night due to a problem with my machine, or some other reason ( although they are few now) I do feel cranky the next morning and no one that knows me would ever describe me as cranky at all so.......I can see that it is working.

Hope you find the same.
Good Luck

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 pm

ShelaghDefunctBrain wrote: I do feel cranky the next morning and no one that knows me would ever describe me as cranky at all so......
ShelaghDetachedBrain wrote: Go Fuck Yourself you silly little twat.

No one else appeared to have any problems.
You are the only one with the problem
Guest answered me correctly.

Take your attitude and shove it up your ass.
I am SO TIRED of people like you online.
oh, I see, you just didn't have a good night last night, and you're a tiny bit cranky... well, hopefully you'll have a better night tonight!

Last edited by palerider on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

old dude

Post by old dude » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:48 pm

palerider wrote:
ShelaghDB wrote: I do feel cranky the next morning and no one that knows me would ever describe me as cranky at all so......
ShelaghDB wrote: Go Fuck Yourself you silly little twat.

oh, I see, you just didn't have a good night last night, and you're a tiny bit cranky... well, hopefully you'll have a better night tonight!
palerider, was this actually a post that was later redacted after you quoted it, or was in a PM?

In either event it's a little shocking from someone seemingly very concerned with civility, if I'm indeed reading it correctly...

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:07 pm

What is the purpose of this?
Last edited by Hang Fire on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:13 pm

old dude wrote:
palerider wrote:
ShelaghDefectiveBrain wrote: I do feel cranky the next morning and no one that knows me would ever describe me as cranky at all so......
ShelaghDefectiveBrain wrote: Go Fuck Yourself you silly little twat.

palerider, was this actually a post that was later redacted after you quoted it, or was in a PM?

In either event it's a little shocking from someone seemingly very concerned with civility, if I'm indeed reading it correctly...
nope, not redacted... just another thread a little before that.... thus spake our resident civility ambassador:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99343&start=0&st=0& ... ow#p923353

charming, isn't she?

Last edited by palerider on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

aav amphibs

Post by aav amphibs » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Ok, just got the machine. It's a F%P ICON AutoCpap. Kind of small, just tried it for a while, and it's great. I had to pick it up at 3 and go in to work tonight around 8pm, so I'm not going back to sleep until next morning. But I tried it for around 45 minutes laying down, and absolutely a great fit, no leaks and I can see I will have no problems with this. I can move around pretty good, no collapsed obstructions or whatever, no snoring. Looks simple to use, push button, auto finds its mark, got a water chamber. Tell me I didn't get ripped off. And.....WTF is a "Brick"? Smartasses too welcomed in your responses.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 pm

aav amphibs wrote:Ok, just got the machine. It's a F%P ICON AutoCpap. Kind of small, just tried it for a while, and it's great. I had to pick it up at 3 and go in to work tonight around 8pm, so I'm not going back to sleep until next morning. But I tried it for around 45 minutes laying down, and absolutely a great fit, no leaks and I can see I will have no problems with this. I can move around pretty good, no collapsed obstructions or whatever, no snoring. Looks simple to use, push button, auto finds its mark, got a water chamber. Tell me I didn't get ripped off. And.....WTF is a "Brick"? Smartasses too welcomed in your responses.
a "brick" is a machine that doesn't provide any data that allows you to see how you're doing, it just blows air at you (which, I admit, is pretty talented for one's average brick).

see eg: http://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... h-a-brick/

the icon auto has some level of smarts, but I can't remember if it's the one that needs a usb data module to be bought for it (if it's not included)... others will chime in.