New member, hello and a question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: New member, hello and a question

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:33 am

JustTia wrote:
Thank you for that! I had heard about the deaths from people using tap water. Not sure if I'll go the nasal rinsing route or not, but for now I'm leaning toward not. Never say never, I might change my mind at some point, but I'd kind of rather trey every other fix first. Just doesn't seem very pleasant to me.
Nope, not pleasant. I prefer to use a squirt bottle to a nettie pot. It does work, especially with pollen and dust, kind of like washing the floor and walls of the nose.
Use distilled water.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 am

Check here in this thread for discussion comments about rain out and how to deal with it.
viewtopic/t94035/Pugsys-Pointers-3Deali ... -road.html
Second and third posts.
You may want to check into getting the Climateline heated hose.

You can have a big leak for a short period of time and it not show up on the software reports.
I did an experiment a while back where I knowingly mouth breathed for 15 minutes and it barely raised the leak line above 0.
It's very possible that your mouth opening fog horn effect simply woke you up so quickly it didn't register on the graphs due to the way the data gets recorded.

Check out the Tap Pap mask in my profile. See if it looks interesting to you. Be aware that any mouth guard can cause some initial tooth discomfort and the Tap Pap is no different but in my case the tooth discomfort went away in about a week and it did help with the TMJ discomfort I had been experiencing due to grinding my teeth.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks for the tip, BlackSpinner!
Pugsy wrote:Check here in this thread for discussion comments about rain out and how to deal with it.
viewtopic/t94035/Pugsys-Pointers-3Deali ... -road.html
Second and third posts.
You may want to check into getting the Climateline heated hose.

You can have a big leak for a short period of time and it not show up on the software reports.
I did an experiment a while back where I knowingly mouth breathed for 15 minutes and it barely raised the leak line above 0.
It's very possible that your mouth opening fog horn effect simply woke you up so quickly it didn't register on the graphs due to the way the data gets recorded.

Check out the Tap Pap mask in my profile. See if it looks interesting to you. Be aware that any mouth guard can cause some initial tooth discomfort and the Tap Pap is no different but in my case the tooth discomfort went away in about a week and it did help with the TMJ discomfort I had been experiencing due to grinding my teeth.
Wow, that does look interesting. But I'm curious how it stays in place if, like me, the person wearing it tends to open their mouth when asleep? Seems like it would fall off my face the first time my jaw drops and I start mouth breathing. Or do you use that with a chin strap to prevent jaw dropping?

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 am

The Tap Pap gets molded to the upper teeth and it doesn't move if the mouth drops open. The nasal pillows don't move either.
One of the most common complaints was removing it because people would mold it so it fit too tightly on the upper teeth.

While I do admit to having my mouth drop open (with any nasal pillow mask I might use) on occasion.....it doesn't usually wake me up and doesn't usually last very long according to my software reports ....so I really don't care about a few minutes here or there where the mouth opening may be happening. I don't use a chin strap or tape. My choice as I have used both in the past and found that they disturbed my sleep more than brief mouth openings might cause a problem. I chose the lessor of 2 evils.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 am

That makes sense, Pugsy. I may try that mask when it's time to replace. Tight budget means insurance has me by the...well, you know.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

uncommon

Post by uncommon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 am

JustTia wrote:No, I haven't. Like a neti pot? I've never used one because they kinda squick me out, lol. I guess I could try it, though. .
Tia,

As a long time nasal problem sufferer-finally mostly solved with ENT surgeries (7)...I use nasal wash machinery twice a day and it helps immeasurably.

The best machine I have found is this one. I've been using 'em since late 90's and this has been the best and longest lasting.

http://goo.gl/roG5WF

Don't waste your time with neti pots, useless, disgusting things.

brendan

TheWetWeenie

Post by TheWetWeenie » Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 am

Hi New Member. I'm having the same blurred and double vision problem with my full face mask. But mine isn't from the air blowing in my eyes. I THINK its the mask pushing up against my eye sockets while I'm sleeping. I THINK. But anyway you didn't say what the doctor thought it might be or if he had a cure. Did your eyes ever clear up and did the pillows help. I was thinking of trying the pillows for a week and see if my eyes clear up. Good luck to both of us!

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 am

You're replying to a 2 yr old posting... what about putting all your concerns in one note rather than all over the place, so we can get a full history of what's going on?