Resmed S9 for SALE ALMOST BRAND NEW

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tamerajones9199

Resmed S9 for SALE ALMOST BRAND NEW

Post by tamerajones9199 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Need to sell a Resmed S9 cpap/bipap machine, used about 2 times, NEW condition, all parts, but face mask.. You would need new face mask and new filter..I was sold this beore having my thyroid removed due to thyroid cancer, which was the reason I was not breathing.. Retested and don't need machine.. I only had a 1/4 of an inch to breathe before the thyroid surgery.. Insurance would not allow return, nor would my cpap company, as it was paid for.. So.. MSRP is $2700. for this machine. Of course, I will not expect someone to pay that high.. I need to help a family member out with an illness issue.. This is why we are trying to get the money.. Thanks Paypal

palerider

Re: Resmed S9 for SALE ALMOST BRAND NEW

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:12 pm

tamerajones9199 wrote:Need to sell a Resmed S9 cpap/bipap machine, used about 2 times, NEW condition, all parts, but face mask.. You would need new face mask and new filter..I was sold this beore having my thyroid removed due to thyroid cancer, which was the reason I was not breathing.. Retested and don't need machine.. I only had a 1/4 of an inch to breathe before the thyroid surgery.. Insurance would not allow return, nor would my cpap company, as it was paid for.. So.. MSRP is $2700. for this machine. Of course, I will not expect someone to pay that high.. I need to help a family member out with an illness issue.. This is why we are trying to get the money.. Thanks Paypal
post the REF number, so we know WHICH of the 13 resmed S9 machines it is, (though your description narrows it down to a couple different ones) along with pictures of the run hours.

ps, I just bought a nearly new vpap auto for around 400.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tamerajones9199

Post by tamerajones9199 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 pm

I will send pictures tomorrow, tired, cant get phone to cooperate.. The ReF number is 36006. The hours I believe are under 5 hours.. It has basically been sitting in opened plastic or in bag in closet for 2 years.. Thanks.. I will get pictures asap. Tamerajones

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:39 pm

tamerajones9199 wrote:I will send pictures tomorrow, tired, cant get phone to cooperate.. The ReF number is 36006. The hours I believe are under 5 hours.. It has basically been sitting in opened plastic or in bag in closet for 2 years.. Thanks.. I will get pictures asap. Tamerajones
Tamera, please take a look at this: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/S9-VPA ... chine.html

This is our forum host's website with the price of a brand new S9 VPAP Auto (36006), with full 2 year warranty. Your machine is past warranty period.

Where did you get $2700 as the MSRP?

tamerajones9199

Post by tamerajones9199 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks, that looks just like 1/2 of it!! The other side is the humidifier.. I looked in several sites, and called the provider, and looked at their site, and was told that was the MSRP.. DOes not mean, I expected to get that.. I assumed the warranty was over, since usually is 90 days... I guess I did not say that, but... since 2 years old, assumed.. Things from selling electronics for 20 years, barely brake in the warranty period... Yet, people are getting a new machine.. I guess taking my word for it... Thanks for trying to "help" me out....

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 am

tamerajones9199 wrote:I was sold this before having my thyroid removed due to thyroid cancer, which was the reason I was not breathing. Retested and don't need machine.
Sorry to hear you had to have surgery for thyroid cancer. I wish you well.

These forum members are just trying to "help" by setting your expectations and by making sure anyone using Google does not see this thread and the high MSRP go unchallenged. BTW, did you check SecondWind CPAP? This may give you an idea of commercial retail value of used equipment when sold by a respected vendor who also supplies a warranty. They show online retail MSRP, open box, and gently-used prices. You have to figure out the appropriate discount for a private sale. Good luck.

ShelaghDB

Post by ShelaghDB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 am

I am forever amazed at the prices people think they can get selling privately online.

I just paid $650 for a brand new S9 AutoSet that came with everything, bag, climate controlled hose SD Card, etc, etc PLUS a brand new unopened Whisp FX nasal mask ( or something similar to that name)

Yet I am just now looking on the same s its I found this here in Toronto a forum called Kijiji which is like a Craigslist here in Toronto.

I see one person try8ing to sell an S9 Escape for $1000
On person trying to sell a slightly used S9 Autoset for $1200
and numerous sellers pricing their S9 Autosets and/or Elites at $900 and $800

I sell online daily for electronics and am used to the countless lowballs that send you emails offering you a pittance for a product so I am not intimidated as many first time sellers are and sell way under what the object is worth but I sold my S9 ESCAPE for ONLY $200 with about a weeks timing on it.
No way was anyone going to pay $500 for the ESCAPE......

Boggles the mind the prices people think they are worth.
The sad part of it is they probably cost about $20 per item to have built.

I look upon these people as no different than those who charge exorbitant amounts of money for quack cancer cures although in this case the cure is legit but people are still trying to sell life saving devices for far more money than most can afforo than those in the know selling them for reasonable prices.

 5k 27" Retina iMac,
 MacBookPro 10.9.5 13" 2.53Ghz + 10.9.5 13" 2.4Ghz
 iPad 4 16Gig + 3G  iPhone 5 + One + One 64gig CyanogenMod Version
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 am

ShelaghDB wrote:I see one person try8ing to sell an S9 Escape for $1000
On person trying to sell a slightly used S9 Autoset for $1200
and numerous sellers pricing their S9 Autosets and/or Elites at $900 and $800
In Ontario the vendors were charging absolutely ridiculous amounts for PAP equipment. The health care system would pay 75% and sometimes employment insurance pays the balance. These people walk away with an invoice for $2000+ and think they can arbitrage by finding a sucker to pay full fare in cash. The current reality is that the Ontario government capped retail prices to on-line levels with a small premium for providing local services. The $2000+ invoice is ridiculous in comparison to the new capped and subsidized prices.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:26 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/S9-VPA ... chine.html
This above is the model 36006.
ResMed dictates MSRP advertized and any discounts have to be approved by ResMed. It's part of the contract that sellers have to agree to so they can sell ResMed products. The discount from $1959 to $1567 is because ResMed has their products on sale right now.
Add appropriate price for the humidifier and the MSRP is still well below $2700. That $2700 price sounds like a DME price to me.

When people come here to this forum and want to sell something and they don't have any history here .....don't bother to register...don't provide exact details about the machine along with verification (pictures) of model and hours used and try to tell us that the machine normally sells for $2700 then we are going to question everything. We don't know you. Members have been scammed by people who come here selling stuff. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples make it rougher for honest people but that's just the way it is.

We respect people a lot more who come here and provide verification and plainly state what they want for the equipment.
You would be extremely lucky to get 50% of the above online discounted price from any knowledgeable forum member if you were thinking of selling it here. Most likely 25% is what it would take to get a forum member to want to move on a 2 year old machine even with zero hours on it.
If you want more than that...Craigslist would be your best option but still be prepared to verify hours of use and model.
Secondwindcpap.com might buy it but remember they buy wholesale and sell retail. That's how they stay in business.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:12 am

Isn't SecondWind selling that machine at low hours with one year warranty for $769.00? Add $90 for a used H5i humidifier with a new chamber, and your total is $869. Since I don't think you're in a position to offer a warranty, I think you're looking at maybe $600 for your system unless you find a sucker.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 am

The Latinist wrote:Isn't SecondWind selling that machine at low hours with one year warranty for $769.00? Add $90 for a used H5i humidifier with a new chamber, and your total is $869. Since I don't think you're in a position to offer a warranty, I think you're looking at maybe $600 for your system unless you find a sucker.
in all fairness, the op hasn't put up an asking price, just a pie in the sky 'list' price they found somewhere.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tamerajones9199

Post by tamerajones9199 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks for the info, did give me much info I needed, I was offered a price well above what I thot I could get. I posted what RESMED told was the Manufactures SUGGESTED Retail Price. I did not ever say, I was selling it for that.. I did nto think I could get that much.. I also said, Pictures would follow. I don't need pictures, btw, has 2.4 hours on it..Thanks, I could get the camera to upload to other sites, but not here. I was trying but too tired to bother. when you have thyroid cancer, you don't have a lot of energy, by evening and have some brain fog.. Add that to a sudden cardiac arrest, which started the diagnosis of thyroid cancer, then... maybe you will understand.. By no means was I keeping info from you at all.. I am honest.. I sell online many venues for a added income and well that is what it is... If I had been healthier earlier would have sold it sooner.. I need to help pay for nursing home for a family member so am trying to find ways to sell things that are sitting around.. Pray you stay healthy, and pray that you don't have the stress our family has had recently. Many bles
sings to you all.. I appreciate the info. thanks for the PIE IN THE SKY comment.. WOW, not what I expected. YOu all have too much time on your hands, please get a hobby..

The Latinist

Post by The Latinist » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

So you found your sucker. Good for you.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 pm

tamerajones9199 wrote:Thanks for the info, did give me much info I needed, I was offered a price well above what I thot I could get. I posted what RESMED told was the Manufactures SUGGESTED Retail Price. I did not ever say, I was selling it for that.. I did nto think I could get that much.. I also said, Pictures would follow. I don't need pictures, btw, has 2.4 hours on it..Thanks, I could get the camera to upload to other sites, but not here. I was trying but too tired to bother. when you have thyroid cancer, you don't have a lot of energy, by evening and have some brain fog.. Add that to a sudden cardiac arrest, which started the diagnosis of thyroid cancer, then... maybe you will understand.. By no means was I keeping info from you at all.. I am honest.. I sell online many venues for a added income and well that is what it is... If I had been healthier earlier would have sold it sooner.. I need to help pay for nursing home for a family member so am trying to find ways to sell things that are sitting around.. Pray you stay healthy, and pray that you don't have the stress our family has had recently. Many bles
sings to you all.. I appreciate the info. thanks for the PIE IN THE SKY comment.. WOW, not what I expected. YOu all have too much time on your hands, please get a hobby..
tamera, as Pugsy said we actually were trying to help you with information about what is a realistic price for the machine you want to sell (BTW a brand new humidifier for the S9 machine is currently $159). BUT we also feel a very strong obligation to post the info we did for the benefit of newbies who need to buy a used machine and who might have no idea how irrelevant the MSRP really is.

You say that someone has made you an offer. It wouldn't have been someone on this forum since you're not registered here and thus don't have private message access. I hope the sale you make is helpful and fair to both seller and buyer. I'm sorry for the health issues that you and your family are going through.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 pm

tamerajones9199 wrote: YOu all have too much time on your hands, please get a hobby..
I thought protecting others from people with unrealistic expectations was our hobby... *scratching head*