will my sleep Dr be mad?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: will my sleep Dr be mad?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 am

Times have changed in the last 46 years.
That is not only true for doctors. The Woodstock generation has caused a lot of disrespect for ... businessmen, teachers, politicians, ministers, people of other political persuasions, people with strong family values ... you add to the list.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:54 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
That is not only true for doctors. The Woodstock generation has caused a lot of disrespect for ... businessmen, teachers, politicians, ministers, people of other political persuasions, people with strong family values ... you add to the list.
And well deserved that disrespect is. The amount of abuse handed out by those people was and is phenomenal. Prove you deserve respect, be transparent in your actions, show your effectiveness.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

cuyahogaguy

Post by cuyahogaguy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:42 am

BlackSpinner wrote:
will my sleep Dr be mad?
Your sleep doctor's sanity or madness is between him/her and their psychiatrist.
My answer is "hopefully they will be mad, or at least severely disturbed requiring medication and hospitalization up to and including lobotomy, frontal"

oldie

Post by oldie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:30 am

Are we all bitter?

cuyahogaguy

Post by cuyahogaguy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 am

Bitterness at sleepdocs is a sign of a pre-approved anti-authoritarian righteous anger.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Self-determination is a gift that we too easily allow others to usurp,
--others who have neither the compassion nor the right to take what was never theirs.
We relinquish this gift because it involves work, and thought.
But we give up so much, our health, our wealth, our freedom, and sometimes even the innocence of our children.
Anti-authoritarianism was the predictable answer to the widespread abuse of power.

ems

Post by ems » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
And well deserved that disrespect is. The amount of abuse handed out by those people was and is phenomenal. Prove you deserve respect, be transparent in your actions, show your effectiveness.
The Woodstock generation hasn't caused anything. There have been both good and bad "businessmen, teachers, politicians, ministers, people of other political persuasions, people with strong family values" ... and doctors in generations before Woodstock as there were after. The Woodstock generation did drugs and practiced avoidance... that was their problem.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:14 pm

ems wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
The Woodstock generation hasn't caused anything. There have been both good and bad "businessmen, teachers, politicians, ministers, people of other political persuasions, people with strong family values" ... and doctors in generations before Woodstock as there were after. The Woodstock generation did drugs and practiced avoidance... that was their problem.
No we didn't. We created the internet you are using, we created all of the software and computers you are using. We established safety standards, civil rights, ombudsmen, and nuclear test treaties and took down the Berlin wall.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm

cuyahogaguy wrote:Bitterness at sleepdocs is a sign of a pre-approved anti-authoritarian righteous anger.
and here I blamed it on being saddled with a diagnoses and machine to provide therapy without proper clinical support and a general lack of interest to inform a patient of WTH is going on and how to cope. Silly me.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

happydaz

Post by happydaz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
ems wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
No we didn't. We created the internet you are using, we created all of the software and computers you are using. We established safety standards, civil rights, ombudsmen, and nuclear test treaties and took down the Berlin wall.
As was said... both bad and GOOD.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:31 pm

So many nested quotes--I'm getting disoriented.

My sleep doc may have viewed me as another "sheep"-at first; but I continued to push data and my little notebook.
Last appointment, he spent 40 minutes of a set 10 minutes with me, mostly absorbing information about Sleepyhead.

jootee

Post by jootee » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:58 pm

I think I should have used a better description for this post. My concern was mainly to be prepared that my therapist would freely provide me with information considering I didn't make a purchase from him. I have set up and used my new machine last night, loaded sleepyhead and reviewed my results. I'm now pretty confident if he chooses not to discuss my future therapy I'm set up pretty good on my own with help from members of this forum.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, the payment system is broken.
Products and services need to be charged and paid for under different codes, instead of bundled.
Bundling allows too much abuse, and assumes that services are uniform and actually of value--if even offered,
where in too many cases expertise and useful consultation is simply non-existent.

Seawind36

Post by Seawind36 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 am

Just to add - my mother was of the pre depression era and I was raised with those family values and respect for elders, "authority" etc. The good and the bad were always there! My mother was molested by a preacher when she was young and no one did anything. I was terrified of anyone in "authority" for more years than I care to think about. I raised my children and am raising my grandchildren to question everything and to be in charge of their own lives and health! Never again will I give anyone power over me and my life!
Machine: S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier
Sleepyhead and Rescan

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:06 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Unfortunately, the payment system is broken.
Products and services need to be charged and paid for under different codes, instead of bundled.
Bundling allows too much abuse, and assumes that services are uniform and actually of value--if even offered,
where in too many cases expertise and useful consultation is simply non-existent.
Which to me is where a lot of the disrespect comes in. If you are paying the doc (or other provider) directly will make them respect you much more, and provide the level of service that will lead you to respect them. All too often the "insurance company" or the billing office destroys the mutual respect that is needed for a good doctor-patient relationship. Not to mention the insistence that every diagnosis needs to be backed up with a gazillion lab tests that seem to take both doctor and patient out of the equation. And don't get me started on the role of pharmaceutical drugs in the "healing" process that would lead to greater respect...