does respifacile aid breathing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
@gbengaogun

does respifacile aid breathing?

Post by @gbengaogun » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:06 am

Hello everyone. i want to buy respifacile to aid my breathing but i am not sure the website (http://www.respifacile.com) is authentic. has anyone bought from them? does it work as advertised? pls tweet at me..... @gbengaogun or reply here.
thank you

archangle

Re: does respifacile aid breathing?

Post by archangle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 am

Apnea is usually in your throat or the back of your nose. That thing might help some problems, but not most apneacs.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

@gbengaogun

Post by @gbengaogun » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 am

its not apnea, its rhinitis...thanks

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:50 am

@gbengaogun wrote:Hello everyone. i want to buy respifacile to aid my breathing but i am not sure the website (http://www.respifacile.com) is authentic. has anyone bought from them? does it work as advertised? pls tweet at me..... @gbengaogun or reply here.
thank you
Hi,

I have never purchase from them but a blocked nose can certain interferely with pap therapy, no question about it.

Have you tried cheaper nasal dilators? I might do that first before spending $60.00 for this product. Unfortunately, I don't have any to recommend but if you do a google search, you will find something.

49er

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:55 am

Nasal saline rinses are helpful without being possibly addictive (as Afrin is) by needing more and more to work.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:25 am

There are cheaper versions on the market. I tried something like this for under $10 back in the 90's. They didn't help with anything much. It is just a version of Breathe Right strips.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 pm

A Breathe Right strip has saved my little green butt several times, when nasal congestion rears its ugly snot.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:A Breathe Right strip has saved my little green butt several times, when nasal congestion rears its ugly snot.
They just removed some skin from my nose My congestion is deeper in.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Michael.D

Post by Michael.D » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:14 pm

I have one and am very happy about it. In most cases, it won't stop you from snoring or having apnea,
but it shure will help you breathe if you have a tendency to have a clogged nose.
I do not think I will have an operation to enlarge the air passage of my nose, but this very well designed (by professionals) definitely does the job and makes me think about it.
In my case, it has a tendency to fall, so I added a "self made" thin elastic band (found in sewing store) that goes behind my head (passing on top of my ears like glasses): works very well.
I also sometimes use a one square inch tape to secure the little round resting pad it to the nose.
They sell so me sort of glue I am about to order.
I would highly recommend it.
I explained my feeling about it to a doctor I consider brillant and he has suggested it to several of his patients.

hegel

Post by hegel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 pm

I've tried all of these style devices, including the nasal insert 'cpap pressure' style device whose name I'm forgetting (and how I wish that these had even limited success. I could never get them to stick.) I need something light for backpacking. Nothing has done much. But respifacile looks to be the best designed device for sure. At least you can get it to stay on during the night, it looks like. When backpacking, even 10-20% help is better than nothing. (I have a deviated septum, which may or may not contribute to my apnea.) But $70.00 is a lot of moolah. I'll wait for further reviews.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 pm

We are years away from the ideal solution, if we ever see one at all.
Best to carry on as best we can with what works TODAY.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Michael.D wrote:I have one and am very happy about it. In most cases, it won't stop you from snoring or having apnea,
but it shure will help you breathe if you have a tendency to have a clogged nose.
I do not think I will have an operation to enlarge the air passage of my nose, but this very well designed (by professionals) definitely does the job and makes me think about it.
In my case, it has a tendency to fall, so I added a "self made" thin elastic band (found in sewing store) that goes behind my head (passing on top of my ears like glasses): works very well.
I also sometimes use a one square inch tape to secure the little round resting pad it to the nose.
They sell so me sort of glue I am about to order.
I would highly recommend it.
I explained my feeling about it to a doctor I consider brillant and he has suggested it to several of his patients.
And just how did the one person on the planet who can offer a positive recommendation find the OP within 12 hours of it being posted?

Michael D., I strongly suspect you work for Respicale and one of your daily job duties is to scan the internet for references to Respicale and then post a good recommendation.
Michael.D wrote:I explained my feeling about it to a doctor I consider brillant and he has suggested it to several of his patients.
bwaaahahahahahaha

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:24 pm

In other words, a SHILL.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:28 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:In other words, a SHILL.
such harsh words... paid promotion

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:39 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:In other words, a SHILL.
Yep!

On the other hand, gbengaogun looks like a cool dude ->

gbengaogun, If you want to try a nasal dilator, maybe you should start with a cheaper one - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... al+dilator

Generally, they are not very effective.

Do you use CPAP? If so, you might want to think about the nasal dilator interfering with whatever type of mask you use.

Why don't you tell us some details about the breathing problem you are having? Lots of people on here have varying experiences and might be able to give you some good advice.

Ciao.