Two New Airfit Masks, F10 and N10

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
squid13

Two New Airfit Masks, F10 and N10

Post by squid13 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

ResMed has two new Airfit masks out,the full face F10 and the nasal mask N10.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Pugsy

Re: Two New Airfit Masks, F10 and N10

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html
Above link for the N10

And this for the F10
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

Looks like they both come in a regular and for her model but didn't read to see what the difference might be
https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks-all.php?sort=new

Also looks like they both come with free return insurance from cpap.com.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 am

Funny how cpap.com knows about them but Resmed.com doesn't

I would assume that the difference between the regular and the For Her for these is the same as for the ResMed Quattro Air: For Her has an Xsmall size whereas Regular only goes down to Small. Also, For Her has pink areas on the headstraps.

I just called the DME provider here and, as usual, it's not available in Canada yet. I'm due for a new mask so I'll probably do like I did with the Quattro Air For Her (that I love) and order it to a UPS store in Ogdensburg NY that does parcel receipt for Canadians since cpap.com isn't allowed to ship it to Canada.

Has anybody tried it? If so, how does it compare to the Quattro and the Quattro Air. Loved both of those but hated the Quattro FX..

France

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 am

These 2 new masks appear to be brand new to cpap.com. First I have heard of them so I doubt if many people have had a chance to try them...often local DMEs are way behind cpap.com in terms of inventory for new masks.
Heck, my DME didn't even know about the AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask that has been out since January...went to see about getting one last week but they are ordering it for me.

I won't be trying either of these 2 masks. Me and that lower strap wouldn't get along well so I don't see the need to spend the money. I don't spend the money unless something interests me personally enough to try it.
Now full face mask users or nasal cushion users...which I am not one of those people...if the venting works like the P10 nasal pillows venting...I suspect you will love it if you have issues with vent noise or your bed partner has issues with the venting blowing on them.

Give things a bit of time...full face mask/nasal cushion users will be lured by these masks and will give them a try and report back. It always happens with a new model mask...some people just will have to try them. The lure is too great to resist....I know because I get that lure with new nasal pillow masks.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 am

Pugsy, "that lower strap"? Do you mean the strap at the back of the neck? What issue do you have with it?

Definitely if you don't need a FFM this wouldn't be of interest but for those of us stuck having to use a FFM, especially those of us with small faces, this is interesting. Most FFMs assume wearers have larger faces. Very few FFM have xsmall so I'm thrilled to see this one. Personally don't care if it's pink or any other colour but xsmall is awesome!

France

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 am

One thing I definitely find funny is that they're not on resmed.com. Wouldn't you think they would promote their own new mask?

France

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:03 am

frapilu wrote: "that lower strap"? Do you mean the strap at the back of the neck? What issue do you have with it?
Yep, that's the one.
The issue is my cervical spine and lower straps like that. I have a metal plate in my neck and where that lower strap rests tends to put some pressure or torque in that area and while it isn't a lot...it is enough to cause neck pain and a headache in about 5 minutes. Back when I first started therapy and was testing out masks at the DME office I found out that all of the masks that used that lower strap technology gave my neck fits so that is one of the main reasons I worked so hard to use a nasal pillow mask so I wouldn't have to deal with neck issues.
I also have issues with bed pillow heights and my neck...too tall of a pillow causes neck pain and pretty much guarantees a bad "neck" headache. My cervical spine has to be in an optimal position which is pretty much straight with no bend...or I get a headache. Bad arthritis.

The newer masks like these here in this thread...maybe they wouldn't hurt but I have no need or desire to try them since what I use works great. I have never had a need for a full face mask even with a cold....always able to clear the nose enough to use my nasal pillows.

flyingwithoutwings

Post by flyingwithoutwings » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

The Airfit N10 comes in Standard or Wide cushion while the Airfit N10 for Her only comes in small. Since none of the nasal pillows seem to work for me, and I've tried a few, I'm going to give this nasal pillow a try, less headgear than the Wisp.
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails!

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 am

As an FYI, I just spoke to a cpap.com rep who told me that for the F10 mask, whatever size you used for the air is what you should order for this mask since it uses the same cushion.

49er

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 am

49er wrote:As an FYI, I just spoke to a cpap.com rep who told me that for the F10 mask, whatever size you used for the air is what you should order for this mask since it uses the same cushion.

49er
Good to know 49er. I looked for sizing on their site and couldn't find any and was meaning to call so you've saved me that. Was also hoping to see "compare" to see what the difference (other than the forehead piece) is with the Air. I'm sure they'll add it soon; just very new.

France

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 am

Pugsy, yes I can see that the bottom strap would be an issue. Very important to be comfortable. You're so lucky, though, to not have to use an FFM. I wish I didn't have to but I've tried others and even if my nose isn't congested, I end up with my mouth wide open . Keeping my mouth shut is an ongoing issue for me (in more ways than this )

I'm mostly ok with the Air but have some leak issues and I end up with bright red marks on my forehead. I use Padacheek's covers for the side straps but I don't use the forehead one (can't remember why so perhaps I should try it again to remind myself?).

France

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:49 am

frapilu wrote: Keeping my mouth shut is an ongoing issue for me (in more ways than this )
I totally understand. I still on occasion will see evidence of mouth opening on my reports but it is usually rare and rarely hits large leak territory and when it does go to large leak territory it doesn't stay there long and since I sleep right through it (and well) then I choose to just ignore it. Trying to fix 15 minutes of large leak would cause me more trouble than the 15 minutes of big leak does. It just isn't worth it to me but I understand that others aren't so lucky and their mouths open a lot more than mine does.
We all do what we gotta do to make this work and everything involves some sort of compromise in most cases.

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:
frapilu wrote: Keeping my mouth shut is an ongoing issue for me (in more ways than this )
I totally understand. I still on occasion will see evidence of mouth opening on my reports but it is usually rare and rarely hits large leak territory and when it does go to large leak territory it doesn't stay there long and since I sleep right through it (and well) then I choose to just ignore it. Trying to fix 15 minutes of large leak would cause me more trouble than the 15 minutes of big leak does. It just isn't worth it to me but I understand that others aren't so lucky and their mouths open a lot more than mine does.
We all do what we gotta do to make this work and everything involves some sort of compromise in most cases.
If I just had occasional times like you have, I'd absolutely do the same thing. I've tried different nasal masks and I don't even have to see a report since I wake myself up snoring like mad or in full apnea, mouth wide open. Had surgery for my deviated septum, hoping it would help. Yes, I can breathe better through my nose but I guess after so many years of sleeping with my mouth open, it won't try. I've tried taping my mouth shut, straps, many thing but my mouth is determined to gape wide open
France

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:45 pm

frapilu wrote:Funny how cpap.com knows about them but Resmed.com doesn't
It IS on the ResMed website at http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/ne ... d-n10.html

At the bottom of that page, it says that these masks begin shipping to U.S., Canada, & Latin America TODAY (Monday 4-21-14)

If I could use the adjustable N10 strap on the P10, the P10 might work for me.
It was the non-adjustable strap on the P10 that made me return the P10.
I don't consider just moving 1 strap around on my head to be adjustable.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

frapilu

Post by frapilu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:57 pm

StuUnderPressure wrote:
frapilu wrote:Funny how cpap.com knows about them but Resmed.com doesn't
It IS on the ResMed website at http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/ne ... d-n10.html

At the bottom of that page, it says that these masks begin shipping to U.S., Canada, & Latin America TODAY (Monday 4-21-14)

If I could use the adjustable N10 strap on the P10, the P10 might work for me.
It was the non-adjustable strap on the P10 that made me return the P10.
I don't consider just moving 1 strap around on my head to be adjustable.
Thanks StuUnderPressure! I didn't think to look under news releases. I just looked at masks. Also, perhaps it wasn't there earlier today? No matte. It's there now. No matter. Because we're in Canada, my DME will probably charge CAD$339 like they do for the other FFMs whereas cpap.com is much cheaper (but I have to drive about 1-1/2 hour each way to the US to get it). I'll probably give it a try in a month or so (don't have time to do that drive for a while) since it seems interesting, and there is that return insurance (although it would mean that drive again). But hubby likes driving and y mother loves sun excuse for a drive so it'll happen soon.

In the meanwhile, I hope someone will try it and post about its

France