SD Card/Sleepyhead question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: SD Card/Sleepyhead question

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Juanefny wrote:I'm hoping something like this is what happened last night. How did you fix it?
You can't fix it.
It's the main disadvantage in terms of internal storage for the S9 IMHO. If the SD card gets messed up.... the machine doesn't store those files to be able to put them on another SD card.
Respironics machines store nearly 30 days worth of detailed files and the only thing lost in bad SD card situations or people errors are the wave form flow rate graphs. All the other data is saved and can be put on any number of SD cards.

What's odd is that ResMed could have done it like Respironics does if they had wanted to. They used to do it with the S8 models.

Your data from last night can't be fixed I don't think. There are some session manipulation things that you can do to turn off a weird session and omit that data but without seeing your reports I don't even know if that would be indicated in why your machine is reporting the time slept and time that you wake up as being incorrect. Often if the detailed files are corrupted SleepyHead can't read them at all and you get a big goose egg zero for hours of use. That's what happened to me in terms of what SleepyHead reported. ResScan gave me hours of use and AHI and 95% leak numbers but no graphs.

If you had ResScan you could see what it shows for times and usage. It's Windows only software though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm beginning to really think this is what happened. I took the card out before it was done writing the information on the card... So only part of the night had been written on the card. The reports are really really weird on sleepy head... totally different from the rest of the nights.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 am

So last night's data on the new card look normal again. I really think i caused this issue by taking the card out too quickly and before the machine was done writing the data. Glad to see this issue fixed. Thanks to everyone for the tips and advise.