SD Card/Sleepyhead question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Juanefny

SD Card/Sleepyhead question

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:15 pm

So this morning when I woke up after turning off the machine I took the card out and inserted it into my computer and powered up sleepyhead. But the program would freeze and not import the data. Then when I put the card back into the S9 it takes like 10 minutes saying "reading sd card" but eventually does display the information including last night's information. Any advise as to what I should do?

Juanefny

Re: SD Card/Sleepyhead question

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Update: I unplugged the unit, plugged it back in and after 10 minutes "Reading" the card it now does not display last night's ahi and usage time on the info...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

What time was it when you check the LCD screen data and it showed 0.0 usage for last night?
If it was past 12 Noon (per the clock on the machine) then that is normal because the S9 starts a new session or day at 12 Noon and thus prior night's usage isn't shown.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:What time was it when you check the LCD screen data and it showed 0.0 usage for last night?
If it was past 12 Noon (per the clock on the machine) then that is normal because the S9 starts a new session or day at 12 Noon and thus prior night's usage isn't shown.
Phew! That's what it was. Thanks!
Now I still have the original issue lol

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Update #2: I put the card back into the computer and imported the data to sleepyhead. After about 10 minutes (usually takes like ten seconds) it imported the data but it looks totally different than usual and it shows me waking up at 7:30 where as I woke up at 10:30 and slept for about 10 hours and not the under 8 that sleepy head is showing.
When I put the card back into the machine and turned it back on it 's already taking over 4 minutes and it's still reading... any idea as to what's going on?

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:35 pm

From your description, it sounds as if the SD card is beginning to fail.
Sometimes when this happens the computer software (firmware in the S9) can eventually read the data after many many tries. I would try doing a complete format on the card (not a quick format) and see if that helps. In that process, bad data areas get skipped. With the S9 however, that may not help 'cause it uses its own a little weird writing locations that are compatible with normal computer file structures.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:40 pm

JDS74 wrote:From your description, it sounds as if the SD card is beginning to fail.
Sometimes when this happens the computer software (firmware in the S9) can eventually read the data after many many tries. I would try doing a complete format on the card (not a quick format) and see if that helps. In that process, bad data areas get skipped. With the S9 however, that may not help 'cause it uses its own a little weird writing locations that are compatible with normal computer file structures.
If I format the card how do I re-import the information from recent nights to the card?

Another thing is that I washed the humidifier and just now I realized I didn't plug the mask all the way to the tube and that may have led to some pressure escape?

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:36 pm

The ResMed re-writes the daily detail data to the card. What is lost from the card is the breathing data which is only written when the card is in the machine.
However, all of the data is retained within the SleepyHead data base so nothing essential is lost.

If you are worried about it, just purchase a new 2GB SD card and use the new card.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Your S9 machine doesn't store daily detailed graphs in its internal storage. So the SD card must be in the S9 to get the daily detailed graphs. It only stores some basic usage data which is enough to satisfy any DME/insurance usage compliance requirements. So if you erase/reformat this SD card or buy a new SD card and insert it in the S9 it won't be able to put those detailed data files back onto the SD card.
Respironics machines do store detailed data on the internal memory and all but wave form will get put back on the SD card...but not your machine.
Doesn't matter though..you have it in SleepyHead already.

It shouldn't take but a handful of seconds for the S9 to recognize the SD card..not minutes. Something is wrong and I would probably get a new SD card if it were me and see if that changes things.

I don't know what to say about the apparent issues with time slept last night and SleepyHead reporting because I can't see what the reports show.
Are you certain the clock on the S9 is showing the correct time? I would confirm that the S9 clock is correct first. SleepyHead just reports what the S9 records.
Do you know about the clock on the S9?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone. I went to the store and got two 2 GB Sd cards on sale (got both for $8 including tax). I stuck in one of the new cards and it only took the machine 7 seconds to read it...

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Pugsy wrote: Are you certain the clock on the S9 is showing the correct time? I would confirm that the S9 clock is correct first. SleepyHead just reports what the S9 records.
Do you know about the clock on the S9?
The time on the s9 is correct. I changed it when I first got the machine

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:24 pm

If clock is correct then I don't know why there is a discrepancy with the time on your SleepyHead report.
May just be the aliens again. I would just watch things now that you have a SD card that appears to be functioning properly.
Otherwise if you post the daily detail image of the report so we can see sessions we might be able to figure out what is going on..might not also.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Pugsy wrote:If clock is correct then I don't know why there is a discrepancy with the time on your SleepyHead report.
May just be the aliens again. I would just watch things now that you have a SD card that appears to be functioning properly.
Otherwise if you post the daily detail image of the report so we can see sessions we might be able to figure out what is going on..might not also.
I'm hoping a corrupted sd card was all there was to it. Let me see how tonight goes. Do you have to wait a certain amount of time after you wake up before you pull out the SD card to put it into sleepyhead?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm

No, there isn't any certain amount of time other than letting it write to the card when the machine is turned off.
I don't think it takes very long but I have never watched it to time it.
I usually tell people to wait at least 5 minutes just as a precaution. I haven't bothered to watch my S9 Adapt but I used to watch the PR 1 that I had and it only took about 10 seconds.

One time my brain cells weren't woke up and I turned the S9 off and for some reason moved my hand to the SD card in same second and punched it to remove it...immediately realized that wasn't what I wanted to do and shoved it back in but the damaged was done. It totally corrupted the data files on the SD card and SleepyHead couldn't read anything at all about that night. ResScan gave me hours of use only.

Juanefny

Post by Juanefny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Pugsy wrote:No, there isn't any certain amount of time other than letting it write to the card when the machine is turned off.
I don't think it takes very long but I have never watched it to time it.
I usually tell people to wait at least 5 minutes just as a precaution. I haven't bothered to watch my S9 Adapt but I used to watch the PR 1 that I had and it only took about 10 seconds.

One time my brain cells weren't woke up and I turned the S9 off and for some reason moved my hand to the SD card in same second and punched it to remove it...immediately realized that wasn't what I wanted to do and shoved it back in but the damaged was done. It totally corrupted the data files on the SD card and SleepyHead couldn't read anything at all about that night. ResScan gave me hours of use only.
I'm hoping something like this is what happened last night. How did you fix it?