I feel better without my CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: I feel better without my CPAP

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:26 pm

cflame1 wrote:And you like that stuff Den? Hot chocolate or chi tea for me thank you
I didn't say I actually liked it. I was sort of borrowing (and taking liberties with) some lines from the movie "A Christmas Story" (where Ralphie wants a BB gun).

I really can't recall actually drinking Ovaltine in the last 50 years or so. They used to be a sponsor of many of the Saturday morning cartoon and western TV shows in the 1950s to early 1960s. And, I DO remember having some back then. It was OK.
Somewhere back in time, I seem to have lost my liking for most chocolate or chocolate flavored things. I can take it or leave it.

Den

library lady

Post by library lady » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 pm

OP's lat post was on April 16; I wonder if she's coming back...

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 pm

I've been wondering too. It must have been hard to learn that her machine was a brick, and that they lied to her.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

avi123

Post by avi123 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Rklindothan should go see a sleep doc who is also a Neurologist and not mentioned her husband.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Maybe she DID have an auto, put the wrong thing in her signature, and went away mad because people like me called her husband a liar. I don't know.

Except that she said that she's a Respiratory Therapist--I would hope she is able therefore to figure out the correct model name of her machine and enter it correctly.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

avi123

Post by avi123 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Janknitz wrote:Maybe she DID have an auto, put the wrong thing in her signature, and went away mad because people like me called her husband a liar. I don't know.

Except that she said that she's a Respiratory Therapist--I would hope she is able therefore to figure out the correct model name of her machine and enter it correctly.
Comment,

Her husband might have wanted to give her a lesson in treating OSA so that she would appreciate his difficulties in solving patients problems.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Maybe it was a test . . .

Rkl

Post by Rkl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

I have been unable to respond because I've not been able to log back in to the forum. I would like to say thank you to those who offered genuine support and concern. To the rest of you I do not appreciate some of your snide comments. I would not recommend this website to my vet. No different than high school social media. You should be ashamed at your immature bullying!

Todzo

Post by Todzo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Rkl wrote:I have been unable to respond because I've not been able to log back in to the forum. I would like to say thank you to those who offered genuine support and concern. To the rest of you I do not appreciate some of your snide comments. I would not recommend this website to my vet. No different than high school social media. You should be ashamed at your immature bullying!
I think that it may even be the industries involved who supply the abundence of shills, trolls, sockpuppets, and astroturfers here.

It is sad.
May any shills trolls sockpuppets or astroturfers at cpaptalk.com be like chaff before the wind!

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 pm

avi123 wrote:Rklindothan should go see a sleep doc who is also a Neurologist and not mentioned her husband.
I agree.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Welcome back. We would still like to help you. Can you please confirm the model number of your machine? The one listed in your profile does not offer data. Can you please post some actual data from your machine?

We can't do much to help without data, and the data you mentioned doesn't make sense. We need to see the graphs and actual data.

Thank you.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Rkl wrote:I have been unable to respond because I've not been able to log back in to the forum. I would like to say thank you to those who offered genuine support and concern. To the rest of you I do not appreciate some of your snide comments. I would not recommend this website to my vet. No different than high school social media. You should be ashamed at your immature bullying!
Still waiting for you to confirm what machine you are using.

If your signature under the name Rklindothan in this post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97217&start=0#p900783 is correct, then you are using a PR System One SE, and that machine only records usage data. And in that case, neither your sleep doc nor your hubby has any way of determining how well or how poorly the machine is managing your OSA on a nightly basis when you use it in your own bed in your own bedroom.

Those of us who would like to help can't help you until you take the time to clear up the discrepancy about what machine you are using for your OSA.

annieca

Post by annieca » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Wow, this thread was not nice. I began using the Apnea Support Forum and thought that I would find a different community here. I, also, am in need of some emotional support because I'm having trouble understanding why, no matter what I do, I cannot adjust to cpap. I can kind of understand that this forum would be less understanding about negative comments about cpap since it is "cpaptalk" but still...

The op is, according to many studies, in the majority of people; more people abandon cpap than stick with it.

I don't understand why I can't adjust. I don't understand why I rip off my mask while I'm unconscious.
It's the truth.
Why would anyone lie about that?

It's infuriating. I can leave it on for, at most, 2-3 hours.

Maybe the op just needed some emotional support...and y'all kicked her. Good job!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Maybe you haven't had the right kind of help with mask fitting or adjusting, never mind sizing. Or maybe your pressure could use a tweak or two... maybe your activity/diet prior to bedtime has something to do with things, or meds that you take... happy to help, but give us some detail so we can try to make it work for you.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 pm

annieca wrote:Wow, this thread was not nice. I began using the Apnea Support Forum and thought that I would find a different community here. I, also, am in need of some emotional support because I'm having trouble understanding why, no matter what I do, I cannot adjust to cpap. I can kind of understand that this forum would be less understanding about negative comments about cpap since it is "cpaptalk" but still...

The op is, according to many studies, in the majority of people; more people abandon cpap than stick with it.

I don't understand why I can't adjust. I don't understand why I rip off my mask while I'm unconscious.
It's the truth.
Why would anyone lie about that?

It's infuriating. I can leave it on for, at most, 2-3 hours.

Maybe the op just needed some emotional support...and y'all kicked her. Good job!

Nobody accused the person of lying. The problem is that often the doctors and DMEs lie. The original poster has listed a machine that has no data, yet was told by the doctor that she had zero leak and zero events. There is no way they could know that if they can't check the data. And it is very unlikely to be a complete zero for more than a rare night. Certainly not every day. A lot of people have joined this forum, been told by their doctor that their treatment was great, yet when we ask a few questions, they learn that they had no data, and the doctor lied to them.

Until we know the correct information, it is kinda hard to help. Odds are that there really are events going on, and it is a lot easier to help somebody when w know the machine, the pressure settings, and if there is data, the information in that data.

I recommend starting a new topic and list your machine, settings, mask, and what kinds of problems you are having. You probably need some adjustments to your settings that will make it more comfortable for you. And/or you may need a different mask or an adjustment to your mask.