Traveling to Italy - backpack for CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: Traveling to Italy - backpack for CPAP?

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:14 am

pdeli wrote:is the "Medical Device" tag essential,
No it is not required at all by anyone. It seems to appease the users who think that TSA looks at these tags (they don't) any more than they look for name tags on your luggage. Now a name tag is prudent in case the bag gets lost or confused with someone who has a like looking bag.

Delta4

Post by Delta4 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 am

pdeli wrote: Also, is the "Medical Device" tag essential?
I think the medical device tag is most beneficial for the gate agents who scan your ticket before you get on the plane. Otherwise they might stop you and say you have too many carryons.

I made my own tag.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:40 am

Any gate (or TSA) agent can tell from the bag logo and design what should be in the bag but regardless of any tags on the bag they would ask to look if there was a question about the contents, which is why they ask you to open your bags when going thru xray. But for those who thinks it helps, go for it.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 pm

How about power? My PR bipap power supply says 110-229 V input. I'm assuming that I would then only then need an adapter plug, not a transformer, correct?

Phil

Rob1

Post by Rob1 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:29 am

The aforementioned distilled water question, I have found that Europe may be a bit of a challenge when it comes to finding distilled water. I have traveled through a few countries and you are certainly not going to be able to find it as easily as you would here. A bit of research beforehand will save you some headaches.
Anyone ever visit http://www.withoutsnoring.com/? Reviews of anti-snoring devices

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Wed May 07, 2014 7:35 am

Just last week, I was traveling here in the U.S. & the TSA agent recognized my Medical Device tag.

They had me run the "motor unit" through x-rays outside of my bag. everything else remained in my Resmed bag.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Wed May 07, 2014 9:11 am

According to my contact in Rome, distilled water is available in both supermarkets and pharmacies.

Phil