Too much snoring - help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Too much snoring - help

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:41 am

library lady wrote:To tell you the truth, I don't know what I have - bipap or otherwise. The number on the bottom of my unit is 560P, top of the unit says A-Flex....
You don't have a BiPap..if you did the model number would be 760
You have the APAP model...this one
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP with AFlex (the AFlex part might not show up in the equipment menu choices)

So with 8 to 18...you are using 8 minimum with the machine having the ability to go to 18...in auto (APAP) adjusting pressure mode.
All you need to do to reduce the snores is just a little more minimum pressure and I would start with just 8.5 or 9.0. I suspect that is all you will need. You might need minimum of 10 cm but I wouldn't do that right off the bat. I would go up slowly and watch the reports. Often snores...when the AHI is quite acceptable and yours is...will go away with just a tiny bit more pressure. Now if your AHI was also higher than we would like to see then yes, you might need 10 cm but with it so low I doubt you need 10 minimum to just kill the snores.
Besides..it's an easier adjustment to go up slowly.
The maximum of 18...you can leave that alone...the machine isn't going there anyway so it really doesn't matter what it is set at. The minimum pressure is the most critical pressure setting.

An occasional snore is no big deal. Yours are more than occasional and if it were me I would just start with a 0.5 or 1.0 increase in that minimum pressure. I have been there myself and have seen a huge improvement with snores and "clutter" with just 0.5 cm increase.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

library lady

Post by library lady » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks; I will go in and change my profile. I should have known that I had a-flex because my pressure fluctuates... and I will start by increasing in .5 increments.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

library lady

Post by library lady » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 am

Well, I did change my pressure, upping it by .5, and my snores decreased a little, AHI stayed nice and low. It was a comfortable increase; didn't bother me a bit.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.