how much is a wireless S9 network adaptor worth to you

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

how much are you willing to pay for a wireless S9 network adapter?

$10
13%
$15
No votes
$20
38%
$25
13%
$30
No votes
$40
13%
$50
13%
$75
13%
$100
No votes
$150
No votes

Total votes: 8

space45

how much is a wireless S9 network adaptor worth to you

Post by space45 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am

there is nothing gained by low balling, in fact you will run the chance of the project not even getting off the ground if you do low ball the price. a honest, I would buy it if it was that price replay is what is needed, if your not interested, please do not vote
this is just to get a feel for the quality and viability of project I should aim for. if every one does $10, and enough check that then it may happen but doubtful as $10 would be a hard target to hit and the number of people wanting it at that price would have to be really high for that to be doable. I aim to keep the price low so if every one hit the $150 and I can do a nice quality unit for $85, the price will be $85, not $125 or something like that. the higher the price your willing to pay the better the quality of the unit.

maybe I should do a crowed funding thing for this stuff, that way your voting with money and not just saying you would buy for X $$. but need to start somewhere. look forward to your replies.

robysue

Re: how much is a wireless S9 network adaptor worth to you

Post by robysue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am

You forgot this option, which would garner my vote: $0

Rationale: A wireless network adaptor for my machine (which is NOT an S9) is essentially worthless to me: I would not gain anything by having it and I would worry about privacy issues concerning my medical data.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:36 am

Ditto.
This is sounding more and more like the "student projects" we have been exposed to.
Less an educational exercise so much as a pretense for someone to get rich quick or at least feel like a big shot.
(I know, the sweet little frog gets mean when you poke her friends)

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am

Space voted and he is the only vote . How hard is it to take your sd card out of its slot and put it into the computer I only read his/her threads now for the factor, wondering what laughable thing he/she is going to come up with next.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 am

I'll add my 2 cents....ooops...I meant ZERO.

SleepDisturbed

Post by SleepDisturbed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:55 am

By not having a "not interested" category, you seriously reduce the value of your poll.

I vote "not interested". Thank you very much.

What I lack in verbosity, I make up in brevity.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:11 pm

SleepDisturbed wrote:By not having a "not interested" category, you seriously reduce the value of your poll.

Which makes it like all other polls, worthless wastes of time. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

squid13

Post by squid13 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Zero,zip,zilch, nada, I need the exercise taking the card from my machine to the computer every morning.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

space45

Post by space45 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 pm

SleepDisturbed wrote:By not having a "not interested" category, you seriously reduce the value of your poll.

why would I even care if someones not interested? why would anyone doing research like this give one hoot about if your interested or not, I said the ones not interested to not vote, so I did cover the not interested crowd, you guys just failed to see I am not interested in your not being interested.

I am now starting to see how Sludge got to be so prickly I am getting to feel the same way, why would I even want to help such a bitchy and winy crowd, do you guys checking your brains when you enter this forum???

you guys are putting no thought into this at all, just pill in on the guys every one is poking fun at. tell me why I would be wanting to send MY time helping you guys do much of anything with the way you guys carry on????

I did mess up some I did apologize I did recognize my error what more do you want????

some of you are great and wonderful oh and froggie you can "bite me" for all I care, your post made no seance at all. poke your friends, you have not even begun to see me poking. I was raised in hell and know how to poke, I have chosen not to. I am able to look after myself. what the hell I am so pissed right now.
I can see why none wants to help in here other when a few wonderful one, how many time does someone that can do what I can do come in and offer to do things for free????????? I have a full prototype shop. I have more equipment and know how to use it all then most, I have OWNED a TV repair shop, arcade machines chain business, video rental chain, research and development business. I own and full CNC shop and a ton of other things for making and developing new ideas and products. and I was going to DONATE MY TIME TO HELP YOU GUYS. and the sleep community as a whole, what, does someone like me come in every day, week ,year????????? what the hell is wrong with you guys???????

later all.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:53 pm

space45 wrote:

why would I even care if someones not interested? why would anyone doing research like this give one hoot about if your interested or not, I said the ones not interested to not vote, so I did cover the not interested crowd, you guys just failed to see I am not interested in your not being interested.

I am now starting to see how Sludge got to be so prickly I am getting to feel the same way, why would I even want to help such a bitchy and winy crowd, do you guys checking your brains when you enter this forum???

you guys are putting no thought into this at all, just pill in on the guys every one is poking fun at. tell me why I would be wanting to send MY time helping you guys do much of anything with the way you guys carry on????

I did mess up some I did apologize I did recognize my error what more do you want????

some of you are great and wonderful oh and froggie you can "bite me" for all I care, your post made no seance at all. poke your friends, you have not even begun to see me poking. I was raised in hell and know how to poke, I have chosen not to. I am able to look after myself. what the hell I am so pissed right now.
I can see why none wants to help in here other when a few wonderful one, how many time does someone that can do what I can do come in and offer to do things for free????????? I have a full prototype shop. I have more equipment and know how to use it all then most, I have OWNED a TV repair shop, arcade machines chain business, video rental chain, research and development business. I own and full CNC shop and a ton of other things for making and developing new ideas and products. and I was going to DONATE MY TIME TO HELP YOU GUYS. and the sleep community as a whole, what, does someone like me come in every day, week ,year????????? what the hell is wrong with you guys???????

later all.

OOOOOOOHHHHH... sleeping bear woke up and smelled the coffee. You really do think you are so far above everyone else in knowledge and business acumen don't you. No one cares what you OWNED or do OWN, this forum is not about what we own or don't, we are all the same here..... sleep apnea patients trying to make it better.
No one is impressed with your bragging about what you have and having staved off a gang of bikers or having been raised in hell...... we are not afraid of what you "think" you can do to us..... so don't bother threatening, it won't work. If you want or need help with your own therapy, since you are new to all this, then stick around and ask for help or have questions then someone will chime in and help out if we can. Have you not figured this out yet, we are not here to manufacture new or different equipment, but to help each other out with using the equipment that has been manufactured and tested by experts in their field, that IS helping us live a better life.
Cheers
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Amen!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 pm

As of this posting...243 views and 2 positive votes (and one is space)

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:01 pm

LSAT wrote:As of this posting...243 views and 2 positive votes (and one is space)
Assuming Space is the $50 vote, looks like he stands to earn about 20 bucks for his endeavors. Hmm...I don't own any businesses or equipment but even I know $20 isn't worth my time or energy.

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:07 pm

space45 wrote:I own and full CNC shop and a ton of other things for making and developing new ideas and products. and I was going to DONATE MY TIME TO HELP YOU GUYS.
Yup, and you should hold onto that idea because I think it's very generous and really cool. I know you were just trying to understand the budget for a bill-of-materials (BOM) but in the context of this forum it rightly brings out internet cynicism and thoughts of product gouging. Please keep the offer to donate open and see who comes around looking for your help.

I suggest moving the funky project brainstorming off to a maker forum where it will probably cause a lot less stress, or concentrate it in one thread. Just a thought.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Just one comment...encryption would take care of the concern about privacy. I think that this should be in the next generation machines. If not, then I'd be interersted then *smile*. Actually, I think that this question is a "no-brainer", didn't need to be asked, but I'm trying very hard to be polite *smile*.