project progress reports updates

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
space45

project progress reports updates

Post by space45 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00 pm

myself and a friend of mine have started the process of getting resmed S9 machines on a network, also we are looking into reading S8 type cards and maybe even getting S8 on a network if possible
still in the research stages at this point, just reporting that work has started on this project

this had been requested by a few.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: project progress reports updates

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Please excuse my ignorance as I am a complete newbie. What exactly is the goal and what would be the benefit of this?

space45

Post by space45 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Sharrykb wrote:Please excuse my ignorance as I am a complete newbie. What exactly is the goal and what would be the benefit of this?
to be able to access resmed machines data with out removing the data chip, also to be able to read a S8 chip so it can be moved to a SD chip so the data can be used at home. working on being able to do wireless networking and wire based.
it makes it easy to get your data from resmed machines and add them to a network both the S8 and S9, and what ever other model uses the S8 chip should be work as well.

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Okay, thank you for the explanation.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 pm

space45 wrote:
Sharrykb wrote:Please excuse my ignorance as I am a complete newbie. What exactly is the goal and what would be the benefit of this?
to be able to access resmed machines data with out removing the data chip, also to be able to read a S8 chip so it can be moved to a SD chip so the data can be used at home. working on being able to do wireless networking and wire based.
it makes it easy to get your data from resmed machines and add them to a network both the S8 and S9, and what ever other model uses the S8 chip should be work as well.

Why do we need a network?. What about privacy? What's so hard about pulling out a data chip and loading it on a PC. I think you should spend more time trying to figure out why you are having trouble with your own therapy. Also...By the time you figure all this out, there will be few S8s in existance. There are very few in use on this board now.

viewtopic/t97140/dry-mouth-and-full-mas ... o-max.html

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 pm

They quit building the S8's over 5 years ago.
Anyone sold one as "new" is being "hosed"--and not in a good way!

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:25 pm

LSAT wrote:
space45 wrote:

Why do we need a network?. What about privacy? What's so hard about pulling out a data chip and loading it on a PC. I think you should spend more time trying to figure out why you are having trouble with your own therapy. Also...By the time you figure all this out, there will be few S8s in existance. There are very few in use on this board now.
Yeah that pretty much sums up my thoughts on it but I wasn't sure I should trust my opinion due to the fact that I'm a complete newbie. I don't even get my S9 until sometime this week.

space45

Post by space45 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

LSAT wrote:Why do we need a network?. What about privacy? What's so hard about pulling out a data chip and loading it on a PC. I think you should spend more time trying to figure out why you are having trouble with your own therapy. Also...By the time you figure all this out, there will be few S8s in existance. There are very few in use on this board now.
your network can be a private network, or plug in wire or turn on wireless when reading it, then unplug or turn off the wireless.

do you have important personal info on the unit? I did not put any personal info in, so what if some hacker gets in, what is there to see? the network is read only, no writing to the chip. so they down load your PAP data, what of it?
that info is of no use or interest to anyone but you. so there is no problems with it being on your private behind your router public net full time. can the network be hacked, yes, could they see you PAP info, good chance of it, so what, nothing of interest to them.

as for my therapy I do not see that as a full time job. I can multi task

as for the S8 option, my friend that is helping out wants his done as well and it is a S8, so thought we would give it a try, if not to hard it will be done.

this should not be too hard a thing to do. ordered some hardware for it, I am hoping this will be a quick and easy do, I could hit a snag as the resmed may not play nice. should be fun

space45

Post by space45 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 pm

no data capture on S8 it looks like so no reason to read data chip

my friend will not be happy

TPS316

Post by TPS316 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:23 pm

What would this cost? I do not see a lot of complexity / irritation of just pulling the SD card out and plugging it into my computer to get the data.

value = benefit/cost ... I do not see benefit being very large so cost would have to be quite small to be any value to me.

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

space45 wrote:no data capture on S8 it looks like so no reason to read data chip
There's no wave flow on any S8, but S8 Elites and S8 Autosets do record a substantial amount of data that can be seen in ResScan, including when each event occured. Six or seven years ago these were the full efficacy data machines of choice from ResMed.

But if your friend has an S8 Escape, then there is no data beyond usage data.

thesleepermustawake

Post by thesleepermustawake » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:05 am

This is interesting, I was just thinking that it would be cool to access the data directly through wireless or ethernet. I'm waiting for my Resmed S9 to arrive but I hadn't looked into the specs at all. Does anyone know if it has network capabilities?
My goal is to build a web app which could automatically pull the data and refresh the reports.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 am

You Kids Have Fun!!

Sharrykb

Post by Sharrykb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 am

Sludge wrote:OK I'm done, how 'bout you?

http://www.resmed.com/int/assets/docume ... ow_eng.pdf
Thank you Sludge! I was thinking I had seen something like that but couldn't find it yesterday when I went looking.