open invite for Sludge to PM me and we can work this out

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
guest nan

Re: open invite for Sludge to PM me and we can work this out

Post by guest nan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

For crying out loud will you give it a rest. Your rambling posts make no sense anymore.

ems

Post by ems » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Space 45... with all due respect... I'm beginning to wonder if you are Todzo's long lost brother. Todzo is a forum member here - maybe you gentlemen should get in touch.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 pm

ems wrote:Space 45... with all due respect... I'm beginning to wonder if you are Todzo's long lost brother. Todzo is a forum member here - maybe you gentlemen should get in touch.
lol.. +1

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

space45

Post by space45 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Bill44133 wrote:
ems wrote:Space 45... with all due respect... I'm beginning to wonder if you are Todzo's long lost brother. Todzo is a forum member here - maybe you gentlemen should get in touch.
lol.. +1
am I missing something here? is he a tech guy? whats so funny, is he thought of as nuts as well?
guess I will have to read some of Todzo's postings to see that your finding funny.

so far he is been very good to work with and has been very helpful. whats up?

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:56 am

SleepWrangler wrote:I don't understand with any sense of confidence the nature of the research Sludge is teasing with his answer. Maybe research the key phrase "Stuff like CAP and spectrography can do this." It may be an expert joke like "You just have to unify the theory of gravity and quantum mechanics".
Not even, this stuff has been out there for at least 10 years:

(Note that the above sleep spectrogram is "a" sleep spectrogram (CPC) not "the" sleep spectrogram (i.e., the only one).
You Kids Have Fun!!

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:07 am

dinycat wrote:I think it's safe to assume that most of us out here haven't a clue to what you few men are referring.
Nope, you're the only one.
dinycat wrote:Why not take your discussion to the PM level?
Because I don't do PMs.
You Kids Have Fun!!

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 am

dinycat wrote:Why not take your discussion to the PM level?
Also, please note Forum Rule VI Section A Subsection 9 Paragraph d which specifically states:
Only the Forum Arbiter may refer discussions to the PM level...
You Kids Have Fun!!

Forum Arbiter

Post by Forum Arbiter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:13 am

Sludge wrote:Only the Forum Arbiter may refer discussions to the PM level...
I have reviewed the suggestion that this thread be referred to the PM level, but I don't think that step is warranted. You may continue, gentlemen.

ems

Post by ems » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 am

Forum Arbiter wrote:
Sludge wrote:Only the Forum Arbiter may refer discussions to the PM level...
I have reviewed the suggestion that this thread be referred to the PM level, but I don't think that step is warranted. You may continue, gentlemen.

It's about time we had a forum arbit... it's been obvious for a long time that this forum doesn't know how to arbit itself!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:01 am

Forum Arbiter wrote:You may continue, gentlemen.
Inasmuch as the Forum Arbiter is a completely insensitive male fascist pig, they are hereby stripped of all responsibilities and sent off to the Gulag, where they will be forced to spend the rest of their life amongst the giant tortoises.
You Kids Have Fun!!

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:57 am

Stuff you can do with NA Data Management:

Convert EEG to color-coded "Good Stuff" (stuff in the front) and "Bad Stuff" (stuff in the back).
You Kids Have Fun!!

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am

Sludge wrote:Stuff you can do with NA Data Management:
Very, very cool.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 am

Another advantage of NADM is that you can make up your own Sleep Scoring Rules, thus ignoring the archaic 75µV limitation in order to count SWS (IOW, any fat (low frequency) waveform can be a Good Waveform).
You Kids Have Fun!!

SleepWrangler

Post by SleepWrangler » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 am

Sludge wrote:Another advantage of NADM is that you can make up your own Sleep Scoring Rules, thus ignoring the archaic 75µV limitation in order to count SWS (IOW, any fat (low frequency) waveform can be a Good Waveform).
OK. I assume we're looking at a Fourier transform of an EEG sensor in some sort of time compressed scale where the viewable bits represent a time period of whatever. A previous standard enforced an archaic 75µV limitation, possibly to filter noise, but this particular rendering doesn't suffer from that limitation. From the sentence I don't understand if the 75µV limitation is normally done to count Slow-Wave Sleep or removing the limitation allows this data plot to enhance the visualization of Slow-Wave Sleep because even low voltage signals are worth visualizing. Not sure I am following.

I'm looking at http://psrcentre.org/images/extraimages/1213832.pdf to add additional flavor to the information provided. It's like you're trying to communicate. Did I mention I am new to all of this?

To truly analyze sleep do you need to visualize to all 10 20 placed electrodes? So you would need multiple layers of these visualizations to get an overall picture?

NA Data Analysis appears to be a data mining but I need a bit of help. Google link would be nice. Would the Sleep Scoring Rules operate across each of the EEG sensors or are these normally preprocessed into some other standard data stream?

Forum Arbiter

Post by Forum Arbiter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forum Arbiter wrote:You may continue, gentlemen.
Inasmuch as the Forum Arbiter is a completely insensitive male fascist pig...
I am offended, and in our great society that is defacto evidence that I am in the right! Your obvious intelligence indicates you must have had the unfair advantage of a privileged upbringing, and your inability to acknowledge that and attempt to make amends for it is blinding you to the micro-agressions you are committing against women and the less intelligent.

As a highly sensitive female fascist pig, I demand that you publicly acknowledge and apologize for your sexism in assuming all fascist pigs are male and insensitive, and urge you to seek education about how you have disproportionately benefited from your intellectual privilege and should therefore feel guilty and work to compensate the less fortunate members of our society for that unfair advantage.