Central or Obstructive Apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
opinio

Re: Central or Obstructive Apnea

Post by opinio » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:16 pm

I can't thank you enough for the replies; the information provided is very helpful. I guess I am going to read this forum like a book

I installed ResScan software. I checked last 30 nights separately. It seems that I have CA events scattered all through the night, 1 or 2 events per hour. Most of them are 10-11 seconds, rarely longer than 14. Interesting thing is that there is almost no OSA, so S9 Autoset seems to have eliminated almost all of my obstructive apneas. The AHI readings (mostly around 4) I see when I get up every morning is almost entirely CA. I think I should not worry for this, should I?

I suppose what I need to do is improve my sleep hygiene, go to bed the same time each day - including weekends, and most importantly be physically more active.

djhall

Post by djhall » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:49 pm

opinio wrote:It seems that I have CA events scattered all through the night, 1 or 2 events per hour. Most of them are 10-11 seconds, rarely longer than 14. Interesting thing is that there is almost no OSA, so S9 Autoset seems to have eliminated almost all of my obstructive apneas. The AHI readings (mostly around 4) I see when I get up every morning is almost entirely CA. I think I should not worry for this, should I?
I wouldn't worry about it for now. I always had 1 to 2 CA events per hour when starting. Almost a year in I still have them if my pressure varies from day to day or during the night. When I keep my pressure stable for several weeks they drop below one an hour most nights, but most of us have at least a few.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:31 am

Welcome opinio !
Days: 25/30
Days>1 hour: 24/30
Average Usage: 6.8 hours
Hours Used: 170.7 hours
Pressure: 7.8
Leakage: 7 L/min.
AHI: 3.4
Total AI: 3.2
Central AI: 3.1

good you downloaded the Rescan software so you can see lengths of OA's & centrals. I use it & the Sleepyhead software as well. my centrals are short duration also , not concerning. did your sleep doc prescribe your pressure setting ? seems a little low, however i am no expert .
good luck,
tim

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

opinio

Post by opinio » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 pm

deerslayer wrote:Welcome opinio !
Days: 25/30
Days>1 hour: 24/30
Average Usage: 6.8 hours
Hours Used: 170.7 hours
Pressure: 7.8
Leakage: 7 L/min.
AHI: 3.4
Total AI: 3.2
Central AI: 3.1

good you downloaded the Rescan software so you can see lengths of OA's & centrals. I use it & the Sleepyhead software as well. my centrals are short duration also , not concerning. did your sleep doc prescribe your pressure setting ? seems a little low, however i am no expert .
good luck,
tim
Hello Tim,

Yes, my sleep doc prescribed a pressure setting of "maximum 12". Since the machine is Autoset, it adjusts the pressure according to my events. But it is set to never go above 12.