The more I try, the worse it gets.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: The more I try, the worse it gets.

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

lliann wrote:AHIApnea / Hypopnea Index 6.41
HypopneaHypopnea 0.62
ApneaUnspecified Apnea 0.00
ObstructiveObstructive Apnea 1.41
Clear AirwayClear Airway Apnea 4.37
Huge improvement in OAs.
If you weren't complaining of the aerophagia...I would say last night was a home run.
I suspect the bulk of the Clear Airway index was likely awake breathing getting flagged by mistake but we still keep one eye on them.
If nothing else the aerophagia caused wake ups during the night...and anything that disturbs sleep is unwanted.

All in all...compared to previous reports where the OAs alone were in double digit...HUGE improvement last night.
I don't just go by AHI alone...I go by sleep quality too...and that is much harder to get improvement in than just the AHI.
AHI is easy to improve...sleep quality is much harder because of all the other factors that can affect it that the machine can't fix.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:47 am

lliann wrote:Last night felt like a real good move in the right direction. Not perfect but I think tweakable<g>
I think this is an accurate assessment of the night.
Would you please explain each of these numbers and what the mean. The charts still don't make sense to me but that will be Cpap 102 I guess<g>.
Comments are in Purple

AHIApnea / Hypopnea Index 6.41
AHI index = (total number of apneas + hypopneas)/(time machine was running). It is the average number of events per hour. It's also the main criteria used by docs to decide if therapy is "working". Ideally we want it to be less than 5.0.
HypopneaHypopnea 0.62
Hyponea Index = HI = (total number of hypopneas)/(time machine was running). It is the average number of hypopneas per hour. This is PART of the total AHI.
The UNSPECIFIED apnea index = (total number of UNSPECIFIED apneas)/(time machine was running). An unspecified apnea is one the machine knows is an apnea, but it cannot tell whether to score it as an OA or a CA. This number is PART of the total AHI.
ObstructiveObstructive Apnea 1.41
The obstructive apnea index = OAI = (total number of obstructive apneas)/(time machine was running). It is the average number of OAs per hour. It is part of the total AHI. Prior to the switch to Auto, this number was running at about 12-15 each night, which was WAY too high. Your OAI since the pressure change is in the range we want it to be in.
Clear AirwayClear Airway Apnea 4.37
The obstructive apnea index = CAI = (total number of central apneas)/(time machine was running). It is the average number of CAs per hour. It is part of the total AHI. This number is higher than we'd like, but it may come down once you get used to sleeping with the pressure you need to control the OAs.

Event Breakdown

Statistics
Channel Min Med 95% Max
This line sets up the following convention: On all the lines that follow, the first number after the W-Avg is the minimum value for the channel that was recorded during the night, the next is the median value, the third is the 95% value, and the fourth number if the maximum recorded during the night.

Weighted average, median, and 95% are all statistical terms. The weighted average takes into account the time spent at each value when it finds the average. The median value is the "half-way" value: 50% of the time the data is AT or BELOW the median value and 50% of the time the data is AT or ABOVE the median value. The 95% value is the "95th percentile" and 95% of the data is AT or BELOW this value and 5% of the data is AT or ABOVE this value.

For a lot more beginner level information on the calculations and meaning of weighted average, median, and 95% values, see my blog entry Average, Median, 95% numbers: A guide to those who don't remember their introductory stats

EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 10.59 4.44 10.62 12.22 12.94
These are the numbers for your EPAP pressure. The min value is so low because you are using a RAMP and it occurs during the ramp up time. I'm not sure why it's below 5, which is where you set the min ramp pressure. Probably a small glitch in either your machine or SH. Don't worry about it. The median EPAP = 10.62, so for 50% of the night your EPAP pressure was AT or BELOW 10.62 and for 50% of the night your EPAP pressure was AT or ABOVE 10.62. The 95% EPAP = 12.22, so for 95% of the night your EPAP was AT or BELOW 12.22 and for 5% of the night your EPAP was AT or ABOVE 12.22. Common convention is that a fixed EPAP should be set around the 95% EPAP pressure from autotitration. And the fact that your 95% EPAP > old fixed EPAP setting of 10 explains why your OAs were so high before you made the switch to AUTO.

IPAPInspiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 14.59 8.44 14.62 16.22 16.94
These are the numbers for your IPAP pressure. The min value is so low because you are using a RAMP and it occurs during the ramp up time. Notice that these numbers are all 4cm greater than the corresponding EPAP numbers. That's because your PS = 4 and the VPAP Auto increases both the EPAP and IPAP at the same time. The median iPAP = 14.62, so for 50% of the night your IPAP pressure was AT or BELOW 14.62 and for 50% of the night your IPAP pressure was AT or ABOVE 14.62. The 95% IPAP = 16.22, so for 95% of the night your IPAP was AT or BELOW 16.22 and for 5% of the night your IPAP was AT or ABOVE 16.22. Common convention is that a fixed IPAP should be set around the 95% IPAP pressure from autotitration. And the fact that your 95% EPAP > old fixed IPAP setting of 14 also explains why your OAs were so high before you made the switch to AUTO.

Minute Vent.Minute Ventilation (L/min)
W-Avg: 5.83 2.25 5.75 7.88 10.62
Minute Ventilation is the total amount of air you breath in (or breath out) over the course of one minute. Unless you have a chronic daytime breathing problem like asthma or COPD, you can assume that these numbers are ok. They vary from person to person (based on size) and during solid sleep they are typically lower than when you're awake. I don't tend to look at these numbers much, except as a curiosity.

Resp. RateRespiratory Rate (breaths/min)
W-Avg: 14.35 4.00 14.40 18.00 22.00
These are the numbers for your respiratory rate---i.e. how many times you breathe each minute. Again, they're going to vary from person to person. I'm not sure why the min is so low here; it may be that during some part of the night there were some long apneas or several apneas close enough together to bring this down. If you've got copies of your sleep test you can compare the W-Avg, median, and 95% numbers to the respiratory rate on the sleep test if you want. Again, RR varies from person to person. For many people the RR goes down somewhat in solid sleep; for others it goes up.

Some people claim they can use the information from the RR graph and the minute ventilation graph or the tidal volume graph to distinguish possible REM cycles and possible arousals. Personally, I'm skeptical of such claims and don't think that I can pinpoint such things in my own data from these graphs

Resp EventsRespiratory Events
W-Avg: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
This one stumps me. My versions of SH do not have this line in the numerical data.

Flow LimitFlow Limit Graph (0-1)
W-Avg: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.15
The Flow Limit graph is Resmed's way of recording flow limitation data. In the graph the higher the peaks, the more pronounced the flow limitaton. JediMark chose to use numbers from 0 to 1 to correspond to the icons that Resmed uses for this graph in ResScan. Since both the median and 95% flow limitation numbers are 0, that means that for 95% of the night, the machine was detecting no flow limitations in the inhalations.

LeaksLeak Rate (L/min)
W-Avg: 2.64 0.00 1.20 9.60 16.80
These are your leak numbers. On a Resmed machine you want keep the 95% leak number below 24 L/min, the published Large Leak line. Your 95% leak rate is 9.6 L/min, which is well below 24 L/min. We can conclude that the leaks were quite well controlled, but not perfect on this night. Note that you don't need to have the leaks perfectly controlled and if leaks are NOT waking you up and they are below 24 L/min, you don't need to waste time and effort in fixing them.

SnoreSnore (unknown)
W-Avg: 0.04 0.00 0.04 0.06 0.14
No one knows exactly what units these numbers are in. (It's clear from my own data that you can't compare Snore numbers on a Resmed to Snore numbers on a PR; the sizes of the numbers are vastly different.) But in general Bigger Numbers indicate More Snoring. How big is big enough to worry about? That's anybody's guess. I don't tend to worry about my snoring numbers unless hubby tells me he was hearing me snore.

I:EInspiratory:Expiratory (ratio)
W-Avg: 39.99 6.00 40.00 55.00 70.00
Again, my version of SH does not show this line. Mathematically I would expect these numbers to be the Inspiratory Time in seconds divided by the Expiratory time in seconds, but I think this is actually being repored as a "percent" In other words, I think these numbers are actually computed as:
  • [(Inspiratory Time in seconds)/(expiratory Time in seconds)] * 100%

And in that case the meaning of the weighted average is that the length of your average inhalation is about 40% of the length of your average exhalation. In other words, the fact that all of these numbers are less than 100 means that your inhalations are shorter than your exhalations.

I have no idea if there is any clinical significance to this number or not. I suspect that for most of us, it's not a very useful number to worry about.

Insp TimeInspiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 1.19 0.52 1.18 1.44 1.72
These are the numbers for the lengths of your individual inhalations. 95% of the time your inhalation lasts NO MORE than 1.44 seconds. Your average inhalation lasts 1.19 seconds.

Is there any clinical significance to the length of the inhalations? Not that I know of---if you don't have some kind of a daytime breathing problem as well as sleep apnea

Exp TimeExpiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 3.08 1.06 2.92 4.48 7.26

These are the numbers for the lengths of your individual exhalations. 95% of the time your exhalation lasts NO MORE than 4.48 seconds. Your average exhalation lasts 3.03 seconds.

Is there any clinical significance to the length of the exhalations? Not that I know of---if you don't have some kind of a daytime breathing problem as well as sleep apnea

Tidal VolumeTidal Volume (ml)
W-Avg: 403.98 180.00 400.00 560.00 700.00
Tidal volume is how much air you breath in during one inhalation. It's measured in mL and there are 1000 mL in one L. That's why these numbers are so much "bigger" looking than the minute ventilation numbers, which are measured in L/min.

The Tidal volume and the Minute Ventilation are related to each other:
  • Minute Ventilation in L/min = (Tidal volume in mL/1000) * (Respiratory rate in breaths per minute)

Tidal volume is of great importance for people who are using an ASV machine since Tidal Volumes are used by the machine to figure out when to trigger inhalations. But for the rest of us? Tidal volume doesn't really have much significance if we don't have a daytime breathing problem.

Like Minute Ventilation and RR, the Tidal volume varies from person to person. And when we're asleep, our tidal volume typically is less than when we're awake. For now you can pretty much ignore the Tidal volume numbers.

Machine Settings
Pr. ReliefPressure Relief Easy-Breathe x1
I'm guessing here, but I think this just means you have Easy-Breath turned ON. That's the default setting for Easy-Breathe. Easy-Breathe controls how the Resmed S9 changes the pressure from EPAP to IPAP and back to EPAP on each breath. It's what gives the mask pressure curve its characteristic shape.

Session Information
SessionID On Date Start End
A "Session" is a single "run session"---it starts when you turn the machine ON and it ends when the machine is turned OFF. Each Session has it's own ID number; the Session ID number identifies which files on the SD card relate to that session.) The number in the On column gives the length of the session---i.e. how long the machine was on before being turned off. Date is the calendar day when the machine was turned ON and Start and End are the starting and ending times for the session.
CPAP Sessions
1397702498ResMed CPAP 4h, 13m, 2s 4/16/14 22:41 02:54
You turned the machine on at 22:41 (that's 10:41 PM) on 4/16/2014 and the machine was turned OFF at 2:54 AM (on 4/17). The run time for this session was 4 hours, 13 minutes, and 2 seconds (4:13:02)
1397718366ResMed CPAP 2h, 11m, 2s 4/17/14 03:06 05:17
After turning the machine OFF at 2:54 AM on 4/17, you turned the machine BACK on at 3:06 AM on 4/17. And the machine was turned OFF at 5:17 AM on 4/17. The run time for this session was 2:11:02.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:11 am

Near as I can tell the snore numbers are more of a volume thing but I can't be sure...because where's the microphone?? Most likely it senses vibrations and we assume that greater vibrations will mean a louder snore
I had to go hunting in my old S9 VPAP reports for snore graph shown in ResScan...it isn't even offered on the S9 Adapt I am using now.

robysue wrote: Resp EventsRespiratory Events
This one stumps me. My versions of SH do not have this line in the numerical data
Version 0.9.3 for Windows offers it only for the S9 VPAP...not offered for the PR S1 and not offered for the S9 Adapt.
ResScan makes no mention of it that I can find in my S9 VPAP data...I looked at those old reports to try to spot it.
I am stumped also.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lliann

Post by lliann » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:16 pm

You guys are amazing. Look what you have all done for me!! I believe I am on the road. Couple of little tweaks and to figure out what to tell the apnea dr so I can get them to set it just like we have figured out<g> without letting them know its not their idea.

Do you want me to continue to share my graphs for awhile to see if a certifiable trend or have you all had enough already?

I showed my friend what I have been doing (she is always encouraging me to be pro active about my own health) and she said it looks like you need a doctorate to understand all this. I suspect the statistical personality of this is what slows me down.(in understanding.)

Here is my all time stupid question.

So if we are having 30-50 events an hour, how do we live through never having a breath or hardly having on. It just doesn't seem possible that we stop breathing that much. I do know I have snored while I was a awake so I have all kinds of levels of sleepiness. As far as snoring, maybe the cats think I've been purring.

Today I felt good. Better than I have in a long time. Thank you.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 pm

lliann wrote:So if we are having 30-50 events an hour, how do we live through never having a breath or hardly having on. It just doesn't seem possible that we stop breathing that much.
Yeah, it's possible but there's more to it than how many times we stop breathing or have a marked reduction in air flow...it's how long it lasts that is even more important.
So length of duration of event is important and the type of event is important...is it a barely meets 50% reduction in air flow or is it a total blockage?

My OSA is much worse in REM stage sleep...53 per hour vs 12 per hour in non REM sleep...I simply never got much REM sleep because pretty much every time I would hit REM sleep the events would come and I would wake up or at least arouse out of REM sleep.
BUT...even in non REM sleep my 12 events per hour (which doesn't sound like much compared to much higher numbers) I was having 45 second duration of events and desats to 73 %....so even if REM sleep ugliness hadn't happened...I was still having a rough time with non REM sleep and the desats and length of duration of whatever events I was having.
I was pretty much screwed no matter what and if I was having 45 second events in REM sleep...I wasn't breathing much at all. I suspect they were of shorter duration. Didn't really look all that deeply into that part of things because it wouldn't have mattered anyway. It is what it is and the end result was a cpap machine.

And yes, all this new information and evaluation seems like it takes a lot of understanding but it will get easier with time.
Mainly it's just common sense anyway.
We want to reduce the amount of time we have reductions in airflow and we want to improve the quality of our sleep.
Reducing the apnea events is the easy part...improving the quality of sleep isn't so easy because so much other stuff can mess with sleep quality....and often it is stuff the machine can't fix.
Your sleep sounds like it is fragile even without sleep apnea messing with it. I know mine was because of the arthritis pain stuff. We just keep trying stuff to improve things as best we can and that's about all we can do. It's a war we never truly win I suppose but we keep fighting the battles in the war because sometimes we do win a battle.

lliann

Post by lliann » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 am

Last night was a strange night. Everything in place but I was very restless. I kept waking up with pain in my left hip/leg (I am not really sure what that is all about- Ill ask the PCP in May when I see him) I notice I put my hands under my face alot and that shifts the chin wrap and that can move the pillows. I think that big zig in the leaks was when I was lifting and correcting the pillows. It felt like last night was less restful but the numbers/graphs piece of it I think indicate the change in pressures is working.

SleepyHead v0.9.2

This is a beta software and some functionality may not work as intended yet.
Please report any bugs you find to SleepyHead's SourceForge page.
CPAP Statistics as of April 17, 2014
73 days of CPAP Data, between 11/20/13 and 4/17/14
Details Most Recent Last 7 Days Last 30 Days Last 6 months Last Year
AHI 6.36 10.08 14.66 14.75 14.75
Hours per Night 04:43 04:59 05:17 05:11 05:11
Min EPAP 4.44 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
95% EPAP 11.64 12.14 11.04 11.00 11.00
Max IPAP 16.14 17.00 17.00 17.00 17.00
95% IPAP 15.64 16.14 15.04 15.00 15.00
Average Leaks 2.86 2.04 1.59 1.15 1.15
95% Leaks 9.60 14.40 10.80 12.00 12.00

Changes to Prescription Settings
First Last Days AHI Machine Mode Pr. Rel. EPAP IPAP PS
4/15/14 4/17/14 3 7.71 ResMed Bi-Level Easy-Breathe x1 10.00 14.00 4.00
11/20/13 4/14/14 70 15.07 ResMed Auto None 0.00 0.00
The above has a threshold which excludes day counts less than 5 from the best/worst highlighting

Machine Information
Brand Model Serial First Use Last Use
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto 22121030274 11/20/13 4/17/14

ResMed
S9 VPAP Auto
Mode: Bi-Level
EPAP: 10.0 IPAP: 14.0 cmH2O
PS: 4.0
Date Sleep Wake Hours
4/17/14 23:00 03:43 04:43:02
AHIApnea / Hypopnea Index 6.36
HypopneaHypopnea 0.00
ObstructiveObstructive Apnea 1.48
Clear AirwayClear Airway Apnea 4.88

Event Breakdown

Statistics
Channel Min Med 95% Max
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 10.47 4.44 10.40 11.64 12.04
IPAPInspiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 14.47 8.44 14.40 15.64 16.04
Minute Vent.Minute Ventilation (L/min)
W-Avg: 6.04 1.50 6.00 8.12 11.50
Resp. RateRespiratory Rate (breaths/min)
W-Avg: 14.52 2.40 14.80 17.40 25.20
Resp EventsRespiratory Events
Flow LimitFlow Limit Graph (0-1)
W-Avg: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.10
LeaksLeak Rate (L/min)
W-Avg: 2.86 0.00 2.40 9.60 14.40
SnoreSnore (unknown)
W-Avg: 0.04 0.00 0.04 0.06 0.16
I:EInspiratory:Expiratory (ratio)
W-Avg: 40.78 8.00 42.00 53.00 68.00
Insp TimeInspiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 1.19 0.54 1.20 1.46 1.66
Exp TimeExpiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 3.03 0.74 2.84 4.48 7.20
Tidal VolumeTidal Volume (ml)
W-Avg: 413.00 100.00 400.00 560.00 800.00

Machine Settings
Pr. ReliefPressure Relief Easy-Breathe x1

Session Information
SessionID On Date Start End
CPAP Sessions
1397790033ResMed CPAP 4h, 43m, 2s 4/17/14 23:00 03:43

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 am

Anytime we have restless nights we have a much greater chance for an increase in centrals.
So again we have more centrals than we would probably like to see and don't know if the centrals are related to restlessness and/or awake breathing or something else.
So again we just keep one eye on them and we await a night where you report that you sleep well and solidly with minimal restlessness or awakenings and see how many centrals we have then.

The pressures are working great for the obstructive apnea prevention....if this continues I would be tempted to back off on the pressure just a little...but that's me. I don't really think your centrals are related to pressure but that possibility is always in the back of my mind. I always keep one eye on them when they are borderline in numbers that might bother me.

lliann

Post by lliann » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 am

Good morning. I wasn't going to share my numbers, but I think I am beginning to interpret a little so I wanted to see if I am onto something.

I felt like I had a horrible night but my numbers don't show it. I think. What I did not do was put my chin strap. (couldn't find the damn thing and I didn't want to lose my sleepiness to looking for it) woke up several times. Once to roll over and the rest because my mouth was so damn dry. I thought I must be snoring, the water in the humdifier evaporated (because it is evaporating faster at these higher pressure) but looking at my numbers, it looks like my leaks went off the chart because I didn't have my chin strap on? Other than that, the numbers are still improved? (I think I am going to try a nose mask without pillows tonight to see if it maintains) My centrals went down, but I know I rolled over once (and I awake when I do that because gracefully rolling over is no longer an option) and then I know several time I woke with lips and teeth stuck to my forehead or something.

Apneas up a little but maybe because they determine what they think what might have been a central before was an apnea? (really, I have been trying to pay attemntion<g>)

I still don't know the mathematical formula off the top of my head to convert the numbers to the real number. Have a wonderful day!

SleepyHead v0.9.2

This is a beta software and some functionality may not work as intended yet.
Please report any bugs you find to SleepyHead's SourceForge page.
CPAP Statistics as of April 18, 2014
74 days of CPAP Data, between 11/20/13 and 4/18/14
Details Most Recent Last 7 Days Last 30 Days Last 6 months Last Year
AHI 6.53 9.41 14.17 14.79 14.79
Hours per Night 05:03 05:18 05:16 05:11 05:11
Min EPAP 4.42 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
95% EPAP 12.74 12.26 11.38 11.00 11.00
Max IPAP 17.00 17.00 17.00 17.00 17.00
95% IPAP 16.74 16.26 15.38 15.00 15.00
Average Leaks 8.03 2.80 1.74 1.24 1.24
95% Leaks 48.00 15.60 12.00 12.00 12.00

Changes to Prescription Settings
First Last Days AHI Machine Mode Pr. Rel. EPAP IPAP PS
4/15/14 4/18/14 4 7.44 ResMed Bi-Level Easy-Breathe x1 10.00 14.00 4.00
11/20/13 4/14/14 70 15.23 ResMed Auto None 0.00 0.00
The above has a threshold which excludes day counts less than 5 from the best/worst highlighting

Machine Information

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:18 am

What numbers are you want to convert off the top of your head into real numbers with some sort of formula?

lliann

Post by lliann » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:43 am

the apneas/central. Or are they saying I am averaging about 6 events an hour?

robysue

Post by robysue » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:07 pm

lliann wrote:it looks like my leaks went off the chart because I didn't have my chin strap on?
The only official LARGE LEAKS to speak of are the 15 minutes from 4:30 to 4:45, which is when you turned the machine off for the morning. Given that you got 5 hours of run time on the machine, that means that the LARGE LEAKS made up about 5% of the night. Not great, but hardly "off the chart"
I felt like I had a horrible night but my numbers don't show it. I think. What I did not do was put my chin strap. (couldn't find the damn thing and I didn't want to lose my sleepiness to looking for it) woke up several times. Once to roll over and the rest because my mouth was so damn dry. I thought I must be snoring, the water in the humdifier evaporated (because it is evaporating faster at these higher pressure) but looking at my numbers, it looks like my leaks went off the chart because I didn't have my chin strap on?
Leaks don't become problematic until late in the night. Faces do become more relaxed as the night goes on and it could be that the missing chin strap is more of an issue late in the night than it is earlier.
Other than that, the numbers are still improved? (I think I am going to try a nose mask without pillows tonight to see if it maintains) My centrals went down, but I know I rolled over once (and I awake when I do that because gracefully rolling over is no longer an option) and then I know several time I woke with lips and teeth stuck to my forehead or something.
Numbers are improved.

You will eventually get to where you can gracefully roll over without waking fully up even though it may seem that will never happen.

Restlessness due to leaks and waking up with the dry lips and mouth may go a long way towards explaining why you don't feel as good as the numbers indicate you might feel.
I still don't know the mathematical formula off the top of my head to convert the numbers to the real number. Have a wonderful day!
Which numbers are you talking about?

lliann

Post by lliann » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 am

Good morning. Check in time. Last night I used the wisp(large). While its a little heavy on the head and face, the nose cone is very comfortable to breathe in and out with. (I tried to avoid the dangling participle but it did n't happen<g>) I didn't use the chin strap. Still having some aerophagia. Not painful but annoying and having to deal with excess gas/air(breathe, fart, whatever I can make happen)

So are these readings beginning to look spot on or tweakable. I seem to be at 16/12 most often? The numbers I am not sure of are how many events an hour I am having. But I know the obs. and centrals numbers are looking decent. I am able to take my 1.2 doxepin. That is working nicely to allow me to fall asleep and have some good rem. (I have always dreamed a alot) Last night I had a dream where someone was hanging something over me and I kicked out. And I really kicked out. Knocked all kinds of stuff off my table. Good things the cats weren't there.<g>

So I have my appt on Wed. I will put all the settings back to where they were and I will see how far I can go in discussing what I have learned. I like my dr and don't want to alienate them, but they are overbooking and that results in less attention to me.

lliann

Post by lliann » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:30 am

good morning. Had a flare up of one of my other issues so last night was rough, and yet the stats are staying consistent. It was this wisp mask that I wore on my last sleep study that they thought warranted a decrease in pressure to 13/8. Maybe I should do it one night at 13/8 to show them the difference? But the wisp seems to stay pretty firmly in place but I do feel like I am in lockdown. I did order the new airfit nasal so here's hoping. Pugsy, you suggested maybe lowering in an increment to see if I maintain (and maybe reduce a little of the aerophagia altho it may get better on its own...it could happen

If I am reading it right it appears I am at or about at 16I and 13 E most of the night? Any new suggestions? Stay the say, reduce a little?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 am

I think EPAP 8 and IPAP 13 is going to be a disaster for you in terms of therapy pressure no matter what mask you use...that EPAP just can't get the job done. You will have way too many OAs.

If it were me...I would reduce EPAP minimum by 1 cm...leave PS the same and IPAP max the same...see what happens in terms of OA prevention and aerophagia.

lliann

Post by lliann » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 am

Pugsy wrote:I think EPAP 8 and IPAP 13 is going to be a disaster for you in terms of therapy pressure no matter what mask you use...that EPAP just can't get the job done. You will have way too many OAs.

If it were me...I would reduce EPAP minimum by 1 cm...leave PS the same and IPAP max the same...see what happens in terms of OA prevention and aerophagia.
Yep, that sounds good. Will try it tonight. My dr appt is wed so I may just invite a night of disaster so I have charts to show her.