Resmed H5i Humidifier Tub

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
russellms76

Resmed H5i Humidifier Tub

Post by russellms76 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:01 am

The Resmed H5i Humidifier can be used with either the stardard (non-accessable) tub or the cleanable tub. After 4 months of use, the locking tabs on the cleanable tub start to crack and will break off. Resmed does not offer the locking tabs separately so users need to purchase the entire tub (for around $40).

Anybody else experiencing failure of the plastic locking tabs on their H5i Humidifier tub?

Also, has anyone disassembled the non-accessable tub and got it back together?

LSAT

Re: Resmed H5i Humidifier Tub

Post by LSAT » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am

russellms76 wrote:The Resmed H5i Humidifier can be used with either the stardard (non-accessable) tub or the cleanable tub. After 4 months of use, the locking tabs on the cleanable tub start to crack and will break off. Resmed does not offer the locking tabs separately so users need to purchase the entire tub (for around $40).

Anybody else experiencing failure of the plastic locking tabs on their H5i Humidifier tub?

Also, has anyone disassembled the non-accessable tub and got it back together?
My experience,,,I have used the"non accessable" tub for over a year without major cleaning. I use distilled water and the tub stays crystal clear. Once or twice I have put a couple drops of dishwashing detergent in it and swished around some tap water. I rinsed with distilled water and its good to go for another 4-6 months.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:10 am

My tabs broke as well.. I attribute my issue with the plastic breaking down from washing it in the dishwasher... Now I separate the part with the tabs from the tub before it goes into the dishwasher.

never been able to get the disposible one apart, so I can't help with re-assembly tips.

shop around a bit and you'll find the H5i tubs sealed in package for sale for a bit less... hint = E-bay

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:18 am

I have disassembled the standard tub. I made sure I had a spare handy though. I thought for sure that I would break something but I didn't. There's a you tube video on how to do it. If I hadn't seen that video I would have sworn it couldn't be done.
I didn't break anything and it worked well after my experiment.

I have never had any failure of the tabs on the other tub.
But then I don't undo them often. Maybe once a month for thorough cleaning.
In between cleaning might be real hot soapy water in it, shake it around and rinse well if and when I think about it.
I don't use the dishwaher...don't have one. Wouldn't put it in the dishwasher if I did unless it was the air dry cycle.

Last edited by Pugsy on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 am

I have the washable tub. I never take it apart much and I certainly do not put it in the dishwasher! What is making it so dirty that one needs to put it in the dishwasher? Are you putting food in it? Lol! If you use Distilled water only - you should not need such vigorous cleaning methods.

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Why did I put the entire tank in the dishwasher the 1st time? = newbie mistake.

Why do I now put the dishwasher safe metal tub & top part in dishwasher about every 45 days or so?

Because I can and it works for me and I have not had any more issues.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Roger2

Post by Roger2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:44 pm

[quote="russellms76"]The Resmed H5i Humidifier can be used with either the stardard (non-accessable) tub or the cleanable tub. After 4 months of use, the locking tabs on the cleanable tub start to crack and will break off. ).

I have been using the one I have for over a year and clean it daily. I have had no problems with the tabs whatever. Are you getting it into boilling water which would account for the tabs getting brittle? If you have been the tub for only 4 months, I would sent it back to Resmed as defective and ask them to replace it (assuming you are not doing anything to cause the problem).

Roger

russellms76

Post by russellms76 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:22 pm

I rinse and dry mine daily. Have never put it in the dishwasher. Resmed wants me to purchase a new one but found one on eBay for $12.

Thought I was being careful with it. Thanks for all your replys.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:21 pm

I have had the tabs break off on 2 separate tubs at the same time.
A dishwasher safe one AND a non dishwasher safe one.

Both were successfully cleaned in the dishwasher for several months before this occurred. But, I do believe that the use of the dishwasher did contribute to the eventual failure of the tabs.

Why did I clean them in the dishwasher?
Because I can AND it is much easier to do it that way than to hand wash them.
I only cleaned them once a week, or sometimes every 2 weeks anyway.

FYI, the newer "standard" tub now comes apart just like the dishwasher safe one. Only difference is that it is aluminum & the dishwasher safe one is stainless steel.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html