newbie question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Luvdawgs

newbie question

Post by Luvdawgs » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Does my machine have to have a data card in it in order for me to be able to find out how many AH1's I've had in a given night?

Pugsy

Re: newbie question

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 pm

If you have the model 560 showing in your profile it should have one but your DME supplier may have covered it with modem on the back..
The slot for the SD card is in the back, right under the rim and above the filter. I have a picture somewhere if you can't find it.

Software is easy to find and use. I have links in my signature for Sleepyhead and explanations about others.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 pm

DME may have removed the SD card if they stuck a modem on it...you can use any generic SD card though

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 pm

But I believe you can read your AHI from the screen - check your manual.

sleepy711

Post by sleepy711 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:01 am

Look at the screen on top of your machine. While the machine is turned off but plugged in, you will see one section that says "Info".
Press the grey button (the one you press to turn the machine on.) Turn the dial (grey button) until you see the words AHI. Press the grey button. Voila! (This is how to get to it on the Respironics PR System). You will see last night and last month with the older models and the last 7 days with the newer models.

If you are looking for a good book to read about supplies, cleaning, why wear CPAP, what to expect and to answer many of the questions you may have about sleep apnea, "My Little CPAP Book" is very helpful and full of information. It is available on iTunes and Kindle.

Sludge

Post by Sludge » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 am

sleepy711 wrote:If you are looking for a good book to read about supplies, cleaning, why wear CPAP, what to expect and to answer many of the questions you may have about sleep apnea, "My Little CPAP Book" is very helpful and full of information. It is available on iTunes and Kindle.
That book is awful. If you want a good book there, LD (and at a VERY good price) I'll send you one.
You Kids Have Fun!!