Info on GoodKnight 418G

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jared

Info on GoodKnight 418G

Post by Jared » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I am able to buy a Goodknight 418G for about $200. I really need this machine but it looks like the hose/filters are discontinued and I'm having a hard time finding what I need. Despite this being an older machine is this a good cpap? Is there a way to find parts that will work for this machine since the parts made for it are discontinued?

Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: Info on GoodKnight 418G

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:33 pm

It's overpriced for what it is and the age.
Did you pay for it and take possession already?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Jared wrote:I am able to buy a Goodknight 418G for about $200. I really need this machine but it looks like the hose/filters are discontinued and I'm having a hard time finding what I need. Despite this being an older machine is this a good cpap? Is there a way to find parts that will work for this machine since the parts made for it are discontinued?

Thanks!
Are you serious??? Those things haven't been made for nearly a decade. That's also an outrageous price for a "door stop".
There are many, many "good", data-capable machines available for less than that price. Many of them have been offered on this forum.

Don't even THINK about the 418G. You would be wasting your money on a piece of junk. Keep looking. Check out the pages on this forum. You might want to register here so people can contact you through Private Messages.

Den

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Take a look at this posting: viewtopic/t95556/Equipment-no-longer-needed.html

He may still have the extra machine for you to purchase.

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

j.gonyer

Post by j.gonyer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 am

Thanks guys im new to all of this and i really dont know much so any advice is welcomed. i sent that guy a message, just waiting to hear back from him. if anyone else has any leads on other machines please let me know. im still trying to figure all of this out lol

Jared

Post by Jared » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:49 am

No I haven't actually bought it yet! The woman I am buying it from only used it for 2 months off and on because she co-slept with her daughter and she was scared of it. So...even if it hasn't been used...it's still no good? :/

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 am

Jared wrote: So...even if it hasn't been used...it's still no good? :/
If you are self treating/diagnosing...you don't want the Goodknight at all..in fact even it was free you don't want it.
No data available and you can't even change filters on it...I looked and couldn't find any for that model. There are some filters for other models but not that model.
Even if it was never used...it is way old with no supporting equipment being available.

If you are self treating/diagnosing and have NOT had a sleep study at all...you don't want the Remstar Plus either.
You need a full data machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

j.gonyer

Post by j.gonyer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:59 am

Pugsy wrote:
Jared wrote: So...even if it hasn't been used...it's still no good? :/
If you are self treating/diagnosing...you don't want the Goodknight at all..in fact even it was free you don't want it.
No data available and you can't even change filters on it...I looked and couldn't find any for that model. There are some filters for other models but not that model.
Even if it was never used...it is way old with no supporting equipment being available.

If you are self treating/diagnosing and have NOT had a sleep study at all...you don't want the Remstar Plus either.
You need a full data machine.

Definitely self treating at this point but no doubt that it is sleep apnea if that matters. What would work best?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 am

If self treating...even if you are 100 % certain you want full data machine to evaluate pressure effectiveness as well as leak status.

If it were me...I would concentrate on either a ResMed S9 full data machine (either the Elite or Autoset) or the Respironics PR System One full data machines...models 450/460 or 550/560...
because both offer the most data available and both have free and easy to use comprehensive software available.

The S9 AutoSet and the PR S1 model 550/560 are both APAP machines (auto adjusting pressures) which will come in handy for self treating but we can still get the job done with the Elite or 450/460 machine if we have to.

I take it you don't have a prescription for a cpap machine??? If not, do you have a friendly doctor who would give you one?
To make use of online sellers we need a RX.
Otherwise we have to go to the secondary market which isn't the end of the world... The secondary market is all I have ever used but you you have to know your models though.
Craigslist works but often sellers don't have a clue what they really have or they want way too much money for what they have.

j.gonyer

Post by j.gonyer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:15 am

Pugsy wrote:If self treating...even if you are 100 % certain you want full data machine to evaluate pressure effectiveness as well as leak status.

If it were me...I would concentrate on either a ResMed S9 full data machine (either the Elite or Autoset) or the Respironics PR System One full data machines...models 450/460 or 550/560...
because both offer the most data available and both have free and easy to use comprehensive software available.

The S9 AutoSet and the PR S1 model 550/560 are both APAP machines (auto adjusting pressures) which will come in handy for self treating but we can still get the job done with the Elite or 450/460 machine if we have to.

I take it you don't have a prescription for a cpap machine??? If not, do you have a friendly doctor who would give you one?
To make use of online sellers we need a RX.
Otherwise we have to go to the secondary market which isn't the end of the world... The secondary market is all I have ever used but you you have to know your models though.
Craigslist works but often sellers don't have a clue what they really have or they want way too much money for what they have.
I DON'T have a rx sadly. The Dr. refused (which out saying she refused lol) but I was thinking about asking one last time but I'm not counting on it. It's starting to feel a little overwhelming and hopeless!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 am

Not hopeless but we don't want you to be doing this in the best way that we can do given your circumstances.
There's more to it than just hooking yourself up to a machine and slapping a mask on.
There's pressure needs that need to be established (we have no idea what pressure you might need) along with the keeping an eye on the leaks and even more importantly evaluation of the type of events you may be having (assuming you do have apnea events).

Self diagnosing and treating isn't ideal...but it can be done but you need some education and patience and the right machine.
We can find you a machine that will do the job....just will take a bit...send me a PM with how much you can comfortably spend.
Also...masks also require a RX...but again we have ways around that too.

j.gonyer

Post by j.gonyer » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Pugsy wrote:Not hopeless but we don't want you to be doing this in the best way that we can do given your circumstances.
There's more to it than just hooking yourself up to a machine and slapping a mask on.
There's pressure needs that need to be established (we have no idea what pressure you might need) along with the keeping an eye on the leaks and even more importantly evaluation of the type of events you may be having (assuming you do have apnea events).

Self diagnosing and treating isn't ideal...but it can be done but you need some education and patience and the right machine.
We can find you a machine that will do the job....just will take a bit...send me a PM with how much you can comfortably spend.
Also...masks also require a RX...but again we have ways around that too.
I *think* I sent you a PM...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:08 pm

j.gonyer wrote:I *think* I sent you a PM...
Nope, didn't get it.

Let me send you one and then you just click on the "reply" button so that all the addressing is filled in automatically.

For verification that it was sent.
First it goes to your OutBox....so you can check in there.
Once I open it and read it...then it goes to the "Sent" box and will show up there.

Mary Mandel

Post by Mary Mandel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:29 pm

I have been using the Goodknight418g for many years and I swear by it. Well worth the price of $200.00. Supplies are expensive but still worth it's weight in gold. I sleep wonderfully on a 7 setting.

Mary Mandel

Post by Mary Mandel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:05 pm

i have been using the goodknight418G cpap for about 12 years and find it is doing the job perfectly well. I have many extra hoses if anyone needs them.