Info on GoodKnight 418G

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nazman1

Re: Info on GoodKnight 418G

Post by nazman1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:37 am

I have been using the 418G for 15 years now and has been great. I have even gotten a new machine in last couple of years(state of the art) and have used it for traveling as it is much smaller so convenient for travel, but choose my old unit as it has performed masterfully....Until today, lol. I took the bottom plate off and discovered that foam insert which incompasses the whole bottom and is the inlet for air to the motor has been disolving or breaking down and has emitted a black material that probably has gotten thru my hose in very small pieces that I may have inhaled thru the therapy. My old machine is set at 15 cfm, but I am trying to find internal parts, specifically this huge bottom black foam insert. I assume if I completely remove it and clean out, then air would just rush in which may not be problem, but may be incredibly noisy. If anyone has any information on what I am describing, or more importantly where I can get this part then I will have no choice but to remove and see how it performs. If result is not good then in the trash it will have to go. Thank you for anything anyone can add.

Sheriff Buford

Re: Info on GoodKnight 418G

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:37 am

I'm sure it is a good machine, and I don't doubt that you are happy with it, but I'd consider getting a new machine that is data-capable. It's your health your talking about and this machine is pumping air into your body.

Sheriff