Sweaty face at 5 a.m.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Meridianzzzzz

Sweaty face at 5 a.m.

Post by Meridianzzzzz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Ok, so last night was night 2 of sleeping with my S9 with the humidifier. I am wearing the Quattro FX for her mask. I am not having trouble sleeping with it or anything, which I find shocking. Except to say that around 5 am my skin has become oily or sweaty and the mask starts sliding around, and I cannot get a seal again, without wiping my face with toner, then wiping down the mask liner completely. This is not a routine I want to do at 5 am. So, will an additional liner from padacheeks solve this? Does anyone else have this issue? The joys of oily skin! And I do wash and thoroughly dry my face before bed. Help. This is for now, the only setback keeping me from making it through the night.

Thanks!

ChicagoGranny

Re: Sweaty face at 5 a.m.

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Sweaty face at 5 a.m.
Just get up?

ChicagoGramps

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 pm

I keep unscented baby wipes next to the bed. I don't even have to turn the lights on.
Any more, I can get away with just wiping with a dry tissue, re-masking, and going back to sleep.
The less I do to my face, the happier it is--always been that way.
Less is more when it comes to your face.

ps480

Post by ps480 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Meridianzzzzz wrote:Ok, so last night was night 2 of sleeping with my S9 with the humidifier. I am wearing the Quattro FX for her mask. I am not having trouble sleeping with it or anything, which I find shocking. Except to say that around 5 am my skin has become oily or sweaty and the mask starts sliding around, and I cannot get a seal again, without wiping my face with toner, then wiping down the mask liner completely, that's what they say. This is not a routine I want to do at 5 am. So, will an additional liner from padacheeks solve this? Does anyone else have this issue? The joys of oily skin! And I do wash and thoroughly dry my face before bed. Help. This is for now, the only setback keeping me from making it through the night.

Thanks!
did you try just a tissue? That should work keeping the mask on.
Last edited by ps480 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meridianzzzzz

Post by Meridianzzzzz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:56 pm

I don't want to have to get up. My whole goal is to sleep soundly through and entire night. I'll try a baby wipe and see if I can manage to wipe things down without totally sabotaging my sleep. I tried a tissue, to no avail. Thanks.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:22 pm

adding a mask liner should help absorb enough moisture or whatever...worth a try.
You might try a homemade mask liner to get an idea.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Meridianzzzzz

Post by Meridianzzzzz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm

Yeah, I need something reusable vs. a tissue. I'll see if I can rig something up for a trial. I have night sweats and my skin is soooo oily, between the two my mask is sliding all over. Other than that I have had a lot of success for just starting out, which I am thankful for!

Thanks everyone!

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Meridianzzzzz wrote:Yeah, I need something reusable vs. a tissue. I'll see if I can rig something up for a trial. I have night sweats and my skin is soooo oily, between the two my mask is sliding all over. Other than that I have had a lot of success for just starting out, which I am thankful for!

Thanks everyone!
Hi, Meridianzzzzz!

My name is Becky. I work for the company that manufactures the RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liner. I'm sorry that you are struggling so. You are not alone. There are many that struggle with a buildup of moisture during the wee hours of the night. For some reason, 2 am to 5 am seems to be the tipping point for many PAP users.

The great news is that I can help! Our patented RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners are 100% cotton and they absorb all of the facial moisture and oils that accumulate during the night. I would love to send you a free 6 night sample for you to try out without any cost or obligation to you.

If you are interested, please feel free to PM me. If not, that is fine, I'll leave you be. I'm not a stalker. :O)
I hope that you are able to find a solution that works for you, whatever the case may be.
Good luck!

~Becky at RemZzzs.
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

igdoc

Post by igdoc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

It might be that a small reduction in your humidity setting will help. I use the Quattro FX and this works for me.

Re: Sweaty face at 5

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Meridianzzzzz wrote: I have night sweats and my skin is soooo oily, between the two my mask is sliding all over. Other than that I have had a lot of success for just starting out, which I am thankful for!

Thanks everyone!
by all means try the remzzz s
afaik night sweats are a sign of osa
think you could be having events leading up to these sweats?
do you monitor your data?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Turn down the humidifier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meridianzzzzz

Post by Meridianzzzzz » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I will turn down the humidifier, LOL ! I'm just so worried about drying out, since I have Lupus and Sjogren's which cause dry mouth already, and then I take several meds that cause dry mouth. But I can up my Cimeviline, which makes you produce extra saliva, for those that are unfamiliar. Also, I have several types of liners on their way to me to try. I'm hoping they can also help me not break out in acne from my mask trapping the sweat and oil on my skin. I tried a homemade liner, I'm pretty crafty. But I need to use a different fabric with more grip. I really don't need zits at my age on top of all the lovely health issues I have.

I haven't really been looking at my data too intensely, just hours of usage and basic stuff. My AHI was 2 last night. But I'll look at the report after 30 days. The reason for this is that my DME is remotely monitoring me for the first 30 days and will give me a report when I return the remote plug in to them. So, then I will see all the particulars. I feel like I am already getting better sleep, and if I can solve these few issues I'll be doing well. Also, I don't have a huge amount of time to go over all that stuff since I am about to travel and have knee surgery. The craziness never ends.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help and suggestions.

Lukie

Post by Lukie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:30 pm

If you look in your machine I'll bet there is a data card. Often they remotely monitor you but there is still a data card left in the machine.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Using my bare silicone Quattro FX, one night I had a big revelation. I'd been getting leaks in the lower corners of my mouth. One night I pulled the mask directly off and using my finger, found some moisture/sweat/saliva in the creases of my mouth. I cleaned it up best I could and fell back to sleep. The next day I order a Padacheek liner and love the way it controls that weird late night moisture build-up. I won't sleep using my QFX without the Padacheek (or the Wisp). I have no affiliatio n with them, BTW.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Meridianzzzzz

Post by Meridianzzzzz » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Becky at RemZzzs I messaged you, and I think it was sent. LOL Just let me know if you got it. Thanks!