Reviews of new AirFit P10 Resmed nasal pillow mask thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
deerslayer

Re: Reviews of new AirFit P10 Resmed nasal pillow mask thread

Post by deerslayer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:23 pm

have to admit , never thought i would take to the P-10 like i have. soo simple, soo light. Last night i had Zero apneas/ no centrals/ nada/ zip ...very rare for this child for 8hrs + & no leaks. Only difference was an hr before sleep did a shot of Flunisolide in each nostril because all of these low pressure fronts moving through. two weeks ago rode the scoot up to DC for Rolling Thunder & visit the VN wall again & see family. Rode 675 miles in one day on Rose . in all 1,975 miles logged in a week traveling alone.CPAP & this site have added years to my Life

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

gburcalow

Post by gburcalow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:29 am

This is one great little mask! I have had mine for about 5 days, replacing a Swift FX I swore I would never part with. I love the ease in cleaning. The pillows pops right off for a quick rinse. I toss and turn a lot, and with the FX I would have to readjust it to stop leaks. Not anymore. The fit is a bit tight and I have the straps adjusted as far as I can, but it will take some getting used to. If you are looking for a good mask, give this one a try.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm getting my second P10 tomorrow! ((Between my Part B and my supplement,
Medicare and Aetna are making too much money off me.))
I paid for the first one out of pocket, and as much as I love this thing, I must have a spare.
Since the headgear are exactly the same size, I will ask for the blue one this time.
If the new DME doesn't swap sizes of pillows for me, perhaps I will have a large to trade.

Redonthehead

Post by Redonthehead » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 am

Was just wondering - when buying a replacement Airfit P10 mask from a DME such as Apria, do they give you all three sizes of pillows as it comes from CPAP.COM?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 am

Redonthehead wrote:Was just wondering - when buying a replacement Airfit P10 mask from a DME such as Apria, do they give you all three sizes of pillows as it comes from CPAP.COM?
They should include all 3 sizes if purchasing the entire mask.
DMEs have been known to pull out some nasal pillows though...for whatever reason they can come up with but that technically makes the package and "opened" package which according to my DME means they can't sell it at all. I have got more than 1 free mask this way. They didn't have an unopened mask of my choice but had an opened mask that they just gave me for free.

When it comes to Crapria...who knows...if they are shipping out of a nationwide warehouse I would assume they wouldn't be opening packages at that point.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:04 am

Been using the AirFit P10 since April 21st and I'm still on the orginial pillow. Totally happy with this mask...with the wifey even more happy.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:55 pm

P-10 and chinstrap are working well for me.

BuddhaCat

Post by BuddhaCat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

This is a great mask -- the first pillow mask I've tried. I'm using medium size pillows even though the DME told me to use the XS. Turns out that the larger pillows seal the air better and don't poke inside the nares as much.

I struggled a bit with having to readjust the mask until I hit upon my glorious fix: a Bucky Duo (buckwheat/millet) pillow. The pillow is really stable (good for my neck) and allows me to create a pocket for the mask, so it rarely moves out of place.

All in all, I feel very lucky to have found this machine/mask/bed pillow combo so quickly.

To someone with OSA, this saying takes on a whole new meaning:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Great mask - better than the Nuance which I also loved - but I was surprised that the large pillows worked best and almost wedges my nostrils open (felt like medium with breathe right strips). Also cut humidity way down and the strong air flow is great at drying out any congestion, especially on moist days. No ramp at 10 cms base pressure with max at 20 and average around 12.

CNTRL

Post by CNTRL » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:02 am

My 50 cents worth

Love this mask for it minimalism approach, it's quiet and seals my longish nostrils which some masks struggle with.
My nose is sensitive and my nose can just survive the nightly P10s masks tightness required to maintain a seal.(I have an average size head and the straps are almost as wide as they can go)
The P10 really struggles with rainout in cold weather, the exhaust blocks quite easily and quickly with water before being woken up gasping for breath.
It's my main summer mask. 3 out of 5

PS still looking for the right winter mask.

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:15 am

I'm having some problems.

For two nights now the mask has been causing me to wake up by giving me chipmunk cheeks. I've only had this issue with ASV before but this is just a normal auto CPAP.

I try changing tongue positions but this morning had to take it off as I could not get back to sleep with it always managing to find a way to get air into my mouth, I was also using tape which didn't help that much with chipmunk as the air had to escape it through the porous holes. Usually tape helps stop small amounts of air escaping through lips.

Just looked at data now, and on a few times in both nights it decided to ramp pressure up near maximum 18 on one night then 15 on the other. My usual max is about 13. Also most of my events are centrals.

Any ideas? Never had this issue with a nasal mask before.

walkman8080

Post by walkman8080 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:36 am

So, I took the plunge and bought the AirFit P10 from Amazon. I currently use a FFM and for awhile now have been thinking of changing. I've slept with it for 2 nights so far and am still trying to get used to it. I love not having any pressure on the bridge of my nose or my forehead but I've also found that any attempt at sleeping on my side and the thing leaks like crazy, waking me up. I'm currently using the Medium pillow but maybe the Large will be better? I want to wait a few days before I look at my data otherwise. I really hope it will work out for me, even if I have to use the FFM every now and then.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 am

walkman8080 wrote:So, I took the plunge and bought the AirFit P10 from Amazon. I currently use a FFM and for awhile now have been thinking of changing. I've slept with it for 2 nights so far and am still trying to get used to it. I love not having any pressure on the bridge of my nose or my forehead but I've also found that any attempt at sleeping on my side and the thing leaks like crazy, waking me up. I'm currently using the Medium pillow but maybe the Large will be better? I want to wait a few days before I look at my data otherwise. I really hope it will work out for me, even if I have to use the FFM every now and then.
Certainly the pillow size was the key for me. Although I went down in size from Medium to Small going from the Swift FX to AirFit P10, you could go either way. Whichever size fits you and doesn't leak. Although not every mask fits everyone properly...

Update: Felt that I wasn't getting enough air with the small size nasal pillow on the AirFit P10. So went up to the Medium, and am doing fine with it now. Same size that I was using with the Swift FX, only I think that it's a better fit with the P10 than it was with the Swift FX.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 pm

I had my annual sleep doc check, so I went next store to visit the DME/sleep study clinic. I decided to see if they had the Airfit P10, and they did, so I got one.

I've been very happy with the Aloha nasal pillow mask for the past 47 months. I feel like I just met a new girl at the bar, and told the old girlfriend to take a hike! This P10 is even lighter and easier to sleep with than the Aloha. As others have mentioned, the signature feature is the diffused air exhaust, and it is everything it is cracked up to be.

I used the large pillows on the Aloha, and am using the large pillows with the Airfit P10. I'm most comfortable separating the rear of the headstrap quite a ways. I don't miss the swivel at all, and find that I wake up -less- when turning side to side with the Airfit P-10 than I did with the Aloha.

My APAP stats look about the same.

All in all, a very good mask.

John

S Gregory

Post by S Gregory » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:36 pm

I have used this for 3 nights now. I have switched between the Swift FX (really like it) and the Mirage Quattro (used this the most). I like both of them and they have done me well, but this Airfit P10 is SO much better. It's more like NOT having a cpap but your airway stays perfectly open. The breathing is much more normal than the masks where the pressure changes with inhale and exhale. You really need to just try it to understand. It is so light and the head gear keeps the pillows snug, but you really can barely feel it's on.

I haven't slept so well as I have the first 3 nights of use.