New ResMed Mask the Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
squid13

New ResMed Mask the Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow

Post by squid13 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:08 am

ResMed has a new mask out called the AirFit P10. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... mments-tab

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Pugsy

Re: New ResMed Mask the Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 am

There is also the "for her" version which has the XSmall, Small and medium nasal pillows along with a different color headgear.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... r-her.html

Free return insurance with either the regular or the for her package....so 30 days to try it out. Even return shipping gets covered.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

silver123

Post by silver123 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 am

I checked with CPAP.com. The headgear is the same size, it's just the pillow set that is different for the male and female versions.
Don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's where the fruit is.
- H. Jackson Browne

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzz... » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

Just placed an order. Will arrive Thursday. I'll be curious to see if it performs better than my trusty Aloha…

Regards,

Z

Loreena

Post by Loreena » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one!

penuel

Post by penuel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 am

Please show graphs of full night treatment of pressure, leak, and flow limitation, while using these masks.

Last edited by penuel on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to get around ResScan 3.12: http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 am

I did see that too but again - no adjustable back strap means it stretches out and eventually will only end up fitting the hulk with a giant head! Let us know how it goes ......

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

pbriggs

Post by pbriggs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:27 pm

interesting that this is really no adjustment for the headband other than to increase or decrease the distance between the two straps on the back of the head. I am most interested in what people this when they get these. My wife is using he FX nasal pillows now and I wonder if this would be any better - not sure with what looks like limited adjust-ability of the head straps

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm

I have purchased items from cpap.com before, but have never purchased the return insurance nor have I ever returned anything I purchased from cpap.com

So, here come the stupid questions.
Correct me if any of my assumptions are incorrect.

This mask comes with free return insurance.
With the return insurance, you can get your purchase price back less the shipping charges.
But since there is also free shipping, I should be able to get the entire $99 purchase price back if I don't like it & return it within 30 days.

I have NEVER used nasal pillows before. In 16 years, I have used only Nasal masks.
So I thought this could be a great opportunity to try nasal pillows.
But, if it turns out that nasal pillows are just not for me, I want to be able to go back to the Nasal masks I already have & do not want to return the Airfit P10 & be forced to purchase another mask from cpap.com

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I looked over the pictures very carefully on several sites including CPAP.com and two of their competitors and I can't really see any big difference with the pillows of the Swift FX vs the Airfit. Of course, you probably have to stick them in your nares to really tell the difference. however at first glance they look about the same. Also, the lack of an adjustment for inevitable strap stretch could be a definite downer for the Airfit because the Swift FX provides a nice range of adjustment -at least on the top strap where it counts, IMO. Later note: Here's what CPAP.com says the adjustment features are, but I'm not sure what this means: "Adjustments are made by narrowing the split back straps together for a tighter fit, or spreading them apart for a looser fit. There are no Velco tabs to adjust the headgear length."

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

MitzyG

Post by MitzyG » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm

I wonder if the difference isn't the pillow itself but the exhale holes. I got the Swift LT and the air hole noise is totally different than the FX. I like LT better but I guess I'm cheap enough to use up the FX pillows then start buying LT pillows.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 pm

StuUnderPressure wrote:But since there is also free shipping, I should be able to get the entire $99 purchase price back if I don't like it & return it within 30 days.
Correct. You will get your entire purchase price refunded to whatever payment method you used.
StuUnderPressure wrote:I want to be able to go back to the Nasal masks I already have & do not want to return the Airfit P10 & be forced to purchase another mask from cpap.com
You are under no obligation to buy anything else with that refunded money if you don't want to.
It doesn't work like store credit. If you use a credit card..the credit card gets a credit if the mask gets returned.

Just make sure that any returns get back to cpap.com before the end of the 30 days is up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:25 pm

I have used the Swift LT (my first mask until the Swift FX was released)....and the Swift FX was noticeably more quiet (in terms of exhaust vent noise) than the Swift LT was....
I thought the Swift FX was pretty darn quiet.

I am ordering this new P10 just for grins. I will report on the differences between the Swift FX and this new P 10 ....as I still have a Swift FX set up handy....so I won't have to resort totally to old memories. I can put them side by side to compare them.

bavinck

Post by bavinck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 pm

I am not sure if stretch in the straps needs to be a concern. My understanding is a ffm requires the straps to be tightened a fair amount (never used one), so I could see how with a ffm you would get some stretching. However, I use the swift fx, and that mask is actually pretty loose on the head when they fit well. In fact, the most common fit issue with pillows seems to be tightening them with the straps too much. I cannot see how my swift fx straps would ever stretch, as they simply fit loose. Maybe this will be the case with the P10? Straps don't need to be tight so stretch will not be an issue. I also plan to get one in a couple weeks, and I will report back: n comparison with the swift fx and nano.
Auto 9-15cm
SleepyHead v0.9.3

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Going to give this one a try...like the lighter weight and the quieter diffuser...maybe it won't shoot onto my blankets like the Swift FX does, and make noise if the venting is more diffuse, we'll see. I'm leery about the fitting process, how stable that will be, but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained *smile*.