Q on setting up SoClean with Resmed humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepySleepNeeder

Re: Q on setting up SoClean with Resmed humidifier

Post by SleepySleepNeeder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:35 am

The 'neutralizing prewash' that comes with the SoClean (and costs an arm and a leg to replace) is meant to be used on any equipment before it is sanitized the FIRST time (i.e. when you first receive the SoClean, prewash everything that will be exposed to the ozone - mask, tubing, reservoir, and do the same to any new replacement supplies).

However, I just purchased my SoClean and noticed the bottle of prewash that comes with it was only 3/4 full. The instructions say to use 1/4 bottle per gallon of water, so I marked the plastic bottle in half and then quarters and used 1/4 bottle (which was 1/3 of the contents) with 1 gallon of water for the first wash. I then got curious and contacted BetterRestSolutions.com (the sellers of SoClean) and asked why the bottle only came 3/4 full (I thought I was shorted 1/4 bottle). Turns out the bottle does have 1 full ounce of prewash in it (it's just bigger than necessary), and you are supposed to use 1/4 OUNCE of it, not 1/4 BOTTLE. So, they either put it in a bigger bottle on purpose to make you use it up sooner (the replacement prewash supplies are EXPENSIVE!!!), or they had really bad instruction writers. You decide.

In any case, in their replay they told me I could use any hypoallergenic cleaner with similar properties, so I started searching for one. Lo and behold, according to the ingredients list on the bottle supplied by SoClean, I found the exact match and I believe the exact same cleaner that they provide and sell repackaged. It's called Seventh Generation Free & Clear dishwashing liquid, you can get it on Amazon for less than $9.50 for two 25-oz bottles, and the reviews on this product and similar products prove it to be the best neutral cleaner you can buy. The ingredients match exactly, even the wording from the ingredients list is exactly the same word for word. I would recommend buying the 7th Gen F&C from Amazon.

Bigstick1979

Post by Bigstick1979 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 am

Just got soclean 2. It took me some time to thread thin black tube into humidifier (H5I), these posts were helpful. I also use the heated tubing and attached the resumed adapter for the soclean2. Problem is that it now seems impractical to drain water out of chamber each day in preparation for running soclean 2. I am interested in hearing how many people leave water in the chamber versus detaching the tube / adapters each day to drain water out of the chamber before letting the sanitizer run.

tozijab

Post by tozijab » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Bigstick1979 wrote:Just got soclean 2. It took me some time to thread thin black tube into humidifier (H5I), these posts were helpful. I also use the heated tubing and attached the resumed adapter for the soclean2. Problem is that it now seems impractical to drain water out of chamber each day in preparation for running soclean 2. I am interested in hearing how many people leave water in the chamber versus detaching the tube / adapters each day to drain water out of the chamber before letting the sanitizer run.
Please note that you do not need to drain the water from the chamber. If you leave the water in the chamber and start Soclean 2 the water will be also cleaned and sanitazed.