Hybrid Sleep Position by Sir Noddin Off

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: Positional Therapy - Use of Oximeter - And A Happy New Year

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Darn! Would have loved to see the jammies.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:48 am

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Does this mean I don't have to have my wife take a picture of me in my jammies
No way! We're all counting on seeing those photos now. You're committed -- and don't leave out some shots of that Santa Cruz surfer dude hair of yours.

Ladyflower

Post by Ladyflower » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:41 am

I have been recently diagnosed with complex sleep apnea. I am still going through testing as I'm a complicated case. After my initial sleep study I was told I had mild obstructional apnea. During my titration study I was told that I did not tolerate the CPAP well, as I was throwing many central apneas (the higher the pressure, the worse it got) with the introduction of CPAP. I woke a LOT and had trouble breathing throughout the night as he adjusted the pressure.

I was also told that my apnea was much worse on my back, which seems to be the norm. My poor frustrated husband says I snore horribly on my back and am pretty quiet when on my side. I am a back and side sleeper so I'm thinking I should probably try to focus more on the side sleeping. When I was pregnant with my 2 kids I trained myself to sleep on my sides (for the most part), but ended up with horrible hip pain most mornings. I find that if I lay on one side too long, that's when I get the pain. I'm thinking that while this position with the rolled up blanket would prevent me from laying flat on my back, it would also make it difficult to switch sides during sleep. I might give it a try tonight though and see if it helps. My hubby was not so happy that I woke him at 4:30am this morning with my snoring.
Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV
Mask: AirFit p10 Nasal pillow mask, DreamWear Nasal Mask

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Ladyflower wrote: I'm thinking that while this position with the rolled up blanket would prevent me from laying flat on my back, it would also make it difficult to switch sides during sleep. I might give it a try tonight though and see if it helps. My hubby was not so happy that I woke him at 4:30am this morning with my snoring.
Actually for most people a rolled up blanket will be overkill. It kind of depends how hard your mattress is... mine is the pillow top variety. Nowadays, I get by simply using the comforter over me and kind of tuck the extra edge of it under my lower back while squshing it into a mound. Then there's another tuck or roll behind the middle of the shoulders. I did start with a blanket tho, then moved to pillows, but over time I've learned you don't really need much to keep you at 45 degrees, your body will eventually adjust to a few throw pills, or even a thick rolled up towel... or like me just having some of your existing comforter/blanket edge tucked under you.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm still not getting it. For some reason I think illustrations that include red sheets and Star Wars jammies might help.
Sleep well and live better!

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 pm

As promised here are the photos of some towels rolled up and placed behind my back. Like I said earlier, the towels were an intermediate step and I currently just tuck my thick comforter under my back at the top and bottom... that's enough for me because I naturally gravitate to my semi-rolled-over position.

Sadly my wife refused to take a photo of me in my jammies to post in public... something was mentioned about sleeping on the couch. Anyway, if you look closely, you'll note my pink QFX frame wraps which I think set off my turquoise mask liner in a very charming way The first photo is some towels being rolled up, but you could use some throw pillows etc The second photo is of my body at 45 degrees. Sorry Mars if I hijacked your thread.

Last edited by Sir NoddinOff on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

mars

Post by mars » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:32 am

Sir NoddinOff wrote: Sorry Mars if I hijacked your thread.
No problem - all sorted.

cheers

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

Stormynights

Re: Hybrid Sleep Position by Sir Noddin Off

Post by Stormynights » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:05 am

Thank you for the pictures. I get it now. With my back problems it is nice to find new positions because it is so hard to be still at night long enough to get to sleep. I will try this. I really did want to see the jammies though.