Klonopin (benzos for insomnia)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SuddenlyWornOut45

Re: Klonopin (benzos for insomnia)

Post by SuddenlyWornOut45 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I dont care what the guy's credentials are. I dont remember him at Duke sleep medicine when I had a sleep study there almost fifteen years ago. I have the sleep study copy filed away. All I know is Duke did a half assed job handling my OSA and I badly needed it treated THEN. Blowing newly diagnosed OSA patients off who also happen to suffer from severe depression is not my idea of "quality medicine." Treating even mild OSA with CPAP could have greatly helped my severe depression back then, probably moving it from the severe, medication resistant type of depression to a milder, chronic, non medication resistant type of depression. I

In my experiences, these "best doctors" are often overrated.

Whatever, you go ahead and do your "doctor worship" as you well please.

Eric
penuel wrote:Eric, please take it easy as long as you're not that other Eric who posted here about 1.5 years ago, with 4 letter words throughout.
I used to be avi123, but my Laptop crashed and I don't have the patience to deal with the administrator here.
That Duke Raleigh Sleep Doc who also sees the poster John B Fisher, suppose to be best sleep doc in the eastern U. S. (next to David Rapoport of NY).

SleepyBobR

Re: Klonopin (benzos for insomnia)

Post by SleepyBobR » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:35 pm

SuddenlyWornOut45 wrote:I was not referring to yourself, I was referring to that Canadian guy from Toronto who was basically bashing ambien and anti-insomnia drugs across the board. And comparing the modern class FDA approved insomnia meds to benzos.
penuel wrote:
SuddenlyWornOut45 wrote:
Question,

Eric, to whom are you referring by posting: You sound very biased and prejudiced against modern class, FDA approved anti-insomnia medications btw. As if your mind is already made up on this subject?

The story about Sleep Docs complaining that Zolpidem (generic Ambien) delays REM and therefore these Sleep Docs don't allow taking it when you do a sleep study in a clinic, sounds silly to Dr Paul C Peterson, top Sleep Doc at Duke Raleigh. This Neurologist MD who also holds an MD in Sleep Science can't understand why sleep docs resist prescribing Zolpidem in proper doses for sleep to folks suffering from Sleep Disorders. So what if it delays REM if you don't need to get up early? My own opinion is that it could be that sleep clinic owners and workers would rather not see you take Zolpidem b/c they are in a hurry to finish their jobs at 6 a.m. and go home.
That Canadian guy doesn't take 4 Mg of Klonopin a day.