New at this

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tgladden86

Re: New at this

Post by Tgladden86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:10 am

surf_rower wrote:I have a 6 prescription too, and so far (5 months) I have not needed the humidifier. Unless it is really dry where you are, you might want to try the therapy without it.
I live in Delaware and there is the mode number I looked the bottom and every thing is small print but I dont see any thing where is say model number or model: xxx. I have been thinking of taking if off.

Tgladden86

Post by Tgladden86 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:11 am

Also I am using a wisp nose only one and its making my nose hurt and sore when I wake up.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:26 am

everything you describe is perfectly normal - each problem can be fixed, one by one. Mask fit is a challenge, first try just putting a bandaid on the sore spot before you mask up.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:41 am

Can't find the model number? It's on the bottom of the blower on a little silver sticker. It may have the letters DS or REF in front of it. It is in tiny letters. On the same sticker is an 8 digit number in the lower corner...that would be year/month/day of manufacture....example 20130601 would be year 2013, June 1

Otherwise...get SleepyHead software and use it....it will tell you the machine model.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tgladden86

Post by Tgladden86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 am

Pugsy wrote:Can't find the model number? It's on the bottom of the blower on a little silver sticker. It may have the letters DS or REF in front of it. It is in tiny letters. On the same sticker is an 8 digit number in the lower corner...that would be year/month/day of manufacture....example 20130601 would be year 2013, June 1

Otherwise...get SleepyHead software and use it....it will tell you the machine model.

model is REF 460p

how does the sleepyhead software work and how do I get it?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 am

Tgladden86 wrote: model is REF 460p

Yes, SleepyHead works with this machine. If you have a Windows computer...get the 0.9.3 build date May 2013 version
Look at the links in my signature. One is for the download site and the other has various links within it for how to install and use and understand what you see.

If you only have Mac then there is a Mac version but it requires a special Patch file which is a bit of a PITA to install for some people.
Let me know if that is your only option and if so, I will explain your options further.
The latest Windows version already contains the special file for the 60 series machines (and your 460 is a 60 series machine).

There is also a version of Encore that works well with your machine but it is strictly Windows software. If you want to try it send me a private message and tell me what version of Windows is on your computer.
SleepyHead is a bit easier to manage though and unless there are problems with using SH...that's what I recommend for new people to try first.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tgladden86

Post by Tgladden86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tgladden86 wrote: model is REF 460p

Yes, SleepyHead works with this machine. If you have a Windows computer...get the 0.9.3 build date May 2013 version
Look at the links in my signature. One is for the download site and the other has various links within it for how to install and use and understand what you see.

If you only have Mac then there is a Mac version but it requires a special Patch file which is a bit of a PITA to install for some people.
Let me know if that is your only option and if so, I will explain your options further.
The latest Windows version already contains the special file for the 60 series machines (and your 460 is a 60 series machine).

There is also a version of Encore that works well with your machine but it is strictly Windows software. If you want to try it send me a private message and tell me what version of Windows is on your computer.
SleepyHead is a bit easier to manage though and unless there are problems with using SH...that's what I recommend for new people to try first.

I have window's 8.1 and I just downloaded sleepyhead and wow there alot of stuff on here just from me using the machine that crazy.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:12 am

Tgladden86 wrote:I have window's 8.1
Stick with SleepyHead for now till you get more comfortable with the software and what you see.
The only Respironics software that will install on Windows 8xx is Pro 2.12 and it's a beast to install and use.
EncoreBasic is simpler and easier but it won't install on Windows 8xxx...there is a work around available though and if you want to try it some time in the future just let me know and be sure to remind me of the Windows 8xxx use.
You aren't missing much by not having Encore though. SleepyHead shows the same data...just presented visually a little differently.
For your needs since you are new to this therapy...Sleepyhead will do all you need and then some.

Concentrate on the basics for now...
AHI and the event category breakdown
and leak understanding.
With your machine...large leak territory is going to be upwards of 80 to 90 L/min...stay well below that area and leaks won't be bad enough to impact therapy all that much.
Your machine reports total leak which includes the mask expected vent rate (I explained all this in the tutorial so you get the short version here)...you won't ever see 0.0 total leak...so don't freak out.
All masks have a vent/intentional leak rate and it will vary between mask used and pressure used.

Tgladden86

Post by Tgladden86 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tgladden86 wrote:I have window's 8.1
Stick with SleepyHead for now till you get more comfortable with the software and what you see.
The only Respironics software that will install on Windows 8xx is Pro 2.12 and it's a beast to install and use.
EncoreBasic is simpler and easier but it won't install on Windows 8xxx...there is a work around available though and if you want to try it some time in the future just let me know and be sure to remind me of the Windows 8xxx use.
You aren't missing much by not having Encore though. SleepyHead shows the same data...just presented visually a little differently.
For your needs since you are new to this therapy...Sleepyhead will do all you need and then some.

Concentrate on the basics for now...
AHI and the event category breakdown
and leak understanding.
With your machine...large leak territory is going to be upwards of 80 to 90 L/min...stay well below that area and leaks won't be bad enough to impact therapy all that much.
Your machine reports total leak which includes the mask expected vent rate (I explained all this in the tutorial so you get the short version here)...you won't ever see 0.0 total leak...so don't freak out.
All masks have a vent/intentional leak rate and it will vary between mask used and pressure used.
I was looking at all it and was try to understand it. I need to read the help part of it but I know the blank spots are the area where the cpap is off. That's about it for now. But thank you for the help.

Tgladden86

Post by Tgladden86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Got a new mask today the Philips respironics amara full face mask so my nose will stop hurting.