JediMark playing with VPAP Adapt

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

JediMark playing with VPAP Adapt

Post by jedimark » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 pm

A certain lucky little programmer (me! ) got to borrow a nice S9 VPAP Adapt 36007 machine to see how it goes with my PB/CSR/clusters.. (Thanks Taringa!)

I was not expecting success (at least numbers wise) on my first night, but lo and behold:

Looking over my flow-rate waveform, I see no signs of clusters of periodic breathing or CSR, no apneas, and no major flow limitations or hypopneas in sight. This is my second smiley ever - I managed my first ever smiley a week ago on the VPAP auto, but that was a shorter sleep, and had plenty of PB waveform shapes and fairly obvious flow limitations.. Last nights waveform is rather boring to look at in comparison. (The first two hidden sessions are also zero, I was just up tinkering on the computer getting used to it)

I still feel a bit crappy/foggy this morning, but that was a much later night than usual.

As for what this says about my original diagnosis of Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea, well, I now have serious doubts that was entirely correct.
I'll have a better idea if/when the morning headaches start to lift.

I've been using this opportunity to start fixing some VPAP pressure display bugs in SleepyHead while I've got the chance..
I now have my head wrapped around how all the different BiLevel/ASV models work.. Including those with variable EPAP.
All it took was a little hands on..

I guess this was a bit of a brag post with my first full night smiley, but I'd really like to hear from anyone else who's had similar experiences with ASV..
If you had them, did you eventually get a reduction in morning headaches?

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Taringa542

Re: JediMark playing with VPAP Adapt

Post by Taringa542 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Enjoy, see if you can beat my record of 0.00 ahi 11 days straight & no headaches )

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:16 am

I have had a few 0.0 nights but I never got the smiley. My brain fog and headaches are now just minor issues. Greatly improved now with an ASV.

letsride

Post by letsride » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:52 am

Taringa542 wrote:Enjoy, see if you can beat my record of 0.00 ahi 11 days straight & no headaches )
me too!!!

+1

Tom W

Post by Tom W » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:10 am

It will take a while but you'll actually start to realize that you're sleeping better than you've ever remembered.

For me the afternoon nap cravings stopped first followed by the absence of morning headaches.

Then I experienced a few nights where I couldn't remember dreaming and now I'm having pleasant dreams.

You'll know you're THERE when you stop thinking about how well you think you've slept, CPAP, AHI, and just go about your day.

Best of luck and THANK YOU very much for putting SleepyHead out on the www.

-tim

Post by -tim » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 am

I hope you do well, when your head is in the game, you do great work for thousands of people which allows them to get their head back in the game.

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Mark....Congratulations on getting the machine that works for you!! I too, just got the S9 Vpap Adapt. I get more 00 nights than not. It has been a Godsend for me! I feel so much better!

I have a couple of questions about Sleepyhead: (1) Why do I not get a smilie face?
(2) The numbers I have set on the machine:( Epap-6, Min PS-4,
Max PS 13) are not accurate. (circled)

Thanks for any help you could give me on this.

Janice

PS: My morning headaches have subsided.....but it takes time. I feel better daily. It doesn't just happen after one night of use.

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 am

Have you tried File, Preferences, Appearance and is "show pie chart" checked? Hope that works.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 am

I'm happy with my S9 VPAP Adapt-360007 and frequently have 0.0 nights, however I still get some insomnia from time to time and my sleep can be fragmented into 2-3 hr segments, which I still have to work on. No headaches to report so far, plus I'm feeling pretty decent in the mornings. Good going, Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing a 'patient assist breaths' line with the new improved SH.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Dori,
Yes everything is checked. The pie chart works if I have events. The numbers were also acurate when I was using my first ASV machine (long story with DME), but now that I have my permanent machine things changed.

Thanks for trying to help!

Janice

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Since I switched to my PRS One 960 ASV I think I have had fewer apnea events in 4 weeks than I had each night , but Hypopnea has gone up.

Looking forward to the day when SleepyHead is once again available to me on my new machine.

Mark, now that you are able to rest when you sleep, perhaps that day will come soon.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm

jwerley wrote:I have a couple of questions about Sleepyhead:
(1) Why do I not get a smilie face?
(2) The numbers I have set on the machine:( Epap-6, Min PS-4, Max PS 13) are not accurate. (circled)

PS: My morning headaches have subsided.....but it takes time. I feel better daily. It doesn't just happen after one night of use.
Hi Janice,

1) The version of SleepyHead you are using accidentally wasn't packaged with the animated .gif plugin.
2) This has been fixed finally for ResMed VPAP users.. PRS1 fixes to go, hopefully in the next few days, and a new "stable" build is pretty much ready

Congrats on starting to feel better.. I'm envious
/Mark

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, this is pleasantly unexpected, two smiley's in a row, plus I'm even a little less headachy this morning.

0.0 stats, and no major morning headache? I think I've just ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time... Sorry!

My leaks are a little crummy today, I think I need a PAPCAP, because I did have a little dry mouth around waking up.

I did however, do something unthinkable this morning.. I completely slept through the alarm clock to take my daughter to school.. I must have been in mega DEEP sleep.. for once. I woke up at 10:30am and had to do the walk of shame to the office getting her a late pass. In my defence, my daughter slept in too, and my wife came home for morning tea and decided not to wake me.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:24 pm

"Morning tea", how lovely! Your data is a thing of beauty, so happy for you and can't wait for the new update. Thank you so much for what you do for us.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

TahoeGal

Post by TahoeGal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:48 pm

As a VPAP adapt user, I really appreciate your software. Keep up the good work. I've only had one 0.0 night so far. I've been on xpap 2 months....