Admin Edit: Manufacturer Posing as CPAPtalkers,Locked Thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LarryS

I would like to hear responses from folks with higher settin

Post by LarryS » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 am

LarryS wrote:I would like to adjust the pressure on my Z1 without having to send it back. I can do it on my other machines. Anyone know the button push that gets this into setup mode for pressure?

Z1-Ed

Re: New Z1 cpap machine. Smallest, lightest, and battery too

Post by Z1-Ed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm

would like to adjust the pressure on my Z1 without having to send it back. I can do it on my other machines. Anyone know the button push that gets this into setup mode for pressure?
You can get the HDM Z1 provider manual which explains the set up mode and other settings from Apnea Board, section 3 of their CPAP manuals page.

Can't post links but just go a Google search for "Apnea Board CPAP manuals", and you'll get to the page, the scroll to section 3.

Cheers

csb131

Post by csb131 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Need help with SD card for Z1. User manual says to use a micro SD card. I bought a sandisk 2gb and it won't click in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm also having issues with battery taking full charge. Will deplete and recharge tonight to see if its faulty or I did not connect properly on the initial charge. Most definitely not a quiet machine. My s9 IS a quiet machine to compare. Was very excited to get this, but now...not so much...data should be visible, as on the s9...

Mkatz27

Post by Mkatz27 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:26 am

Just returned my Z1 Unplugged and traded it in for a Transcend Auto....just saying

Mgsnorer

Post by Mgsnorer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 am

Mkatz27 wrote:Just returned my Z1 Unplugged and traded it in for a Transcend Auto....just saying
Let us know how you like it. I am especially interested in the ezex exhalation relief.

Thanks, Maureen

Mkatz27

Post by Mkatz27 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 am

Will do...on my way to Houston to visit my daughter tomorrow. Haven't slept with it an entire night...didn't want to give up my S9 at home. Hopefully the Transcend (which is about the same size as the Z1) works out for me.

njs

Post by njs » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm

I'd like to see a 30 day trial period which, as of now, they do not provide.

DivingDi

Post by DivingDi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 am

I just purchased a Z1, and I've used it 3 nights (when the humidifier on my Respironics conked out). It is a winner! I got the battery pack, so I can charge it during the day and not worry about finding an electrical outlet near my bed. I also travel to remote destinations with "iffy" electrical power, so this is a great solution to losing power in the middle of the night. It's very quiet (unlike the experiences of others, I've noticed very little discernible difference in noise from my Respironics machine), the HME works great, even in a dry climate, and I slept well with it. The only down side I've noticed is that the battery does need recharging after 8 hours or so. I can live with that.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:35 pm

LarryS wrote:I would like to adjust the pressure on my Z1 without having to send it back. I can do it on my other machines. Anyone know the button push that gets this into setup mode for pressure?

Device Pressure Settings
To set the treatment pressure:
1. Hold down the Start/Stop button while in Standby mode (display shows “0.0”). The
current treatment pressure number will flash on the display.
2. Press the Up/Down buttons until the desired treatment pressure is displayed.
3. To save the settings, hold down the Start/Stop button until the Standby displays "0.0"
4. Press the Start button to start the flow of air and confirm the desired treatment pressure
is shown on the display. Press Stop to stop the flow of air.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:37 pm

DivingDi wrote:I just purchased a Z1, and I've used it 3 nights (when the humidifier on my Respironics conked out). It is a winner! I got the battery pack, so I can charge it during the day and not worry about finding an electrical outlet near my bed. I also travel to remote destinations with "iffy" electrical power, so this is a great solution to losing power in the middle of the night. It's very quiet (unlike the experiences of others, I've noticed very little discernible difference in noise from my Respironics machine), the HME works great, even in a dry climate, and I slept well with it. The only down side I've noticed is that the battery does need recharging after 8 hours or so. I can live with that.
"DivingDi" --- could you let me know how long your battery will last and what therapy pressure you are using the Z1 on with the battery........I am trying to get a feel for how long the battery will really last at say 10 cmh2o.

Thanks for any feedback on battery life.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 pm

I'm new to the board, but found this thread and it prompted me to sign up so I could follow the discussion.

My doctor was telling me about the Z1, so I'm interested in following the discussion because I am interested in getting one for camping.

I'm especially interested in how well they work on batteries, and how long it takes to recharge.

Thanks!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm

It is still quite new, I suggest you read the reviews of this machine on cpap.com.
A recent thread I would also follow would be this sad one--hope it's not typical.
viewtopic/t95881/HDM--Z1--Small-Package ... tmemt.html

MojoTexas

Post by MojoTexas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:It is still quite new, I suggest you read the reviews of this machine on cpap.com.
A recent thread I would also follow would be this sad one--hope it's not typical.
viewtopic/t95881/HDM--Z1--Small-Package ... tmemt.html
Thanks for pointing me to the other thread. Hopefully they work out the kinks!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Me, too. Awesome equipment can help win more folks over to treatment--as long as customer service is there.
I really like my Intellipap--it feels so much like my Autoset, that I don't mind the bulky case--plus the battery case;
but a purse-size auto would be so amazing!

Clif

Post by Clif » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:45 pm

I've been looking at the Z1 and am very interested in the cpap, but can't see why anyone would buy the battery pack for $500. Why not just get a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 plus inverter with twice the battery capacity and ability to recharge with solar power, and power the Z1 and all your other electrical gadgets form its battery for about the same price, and not be limited to one night away from power? Am I missing something? Also, I'm concerned with the stories of the Z1 failing in the field and getting poor support from the company. What experience have you owners had?