Sleepyhead Question about Snoring

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
archangle

Re: Sleepyhead Question about Snoring

Post by archangle » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 pm

The PRS1 machines seem to like 2 minute intervals. I believe the leak data is generated every two minutes.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Sleepy Pete

Post by Sleepy Pete » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:16 am

Guest1 wrote:You may have finally cracked the VS numbers' puzzle. I will analyze my own data and report back. Hopefully some other members here can evaluate their own data and report.

If this works out, then Jedimark can use this information in the next release of SH.
Cool, I look forward to seeing if your data matches.

robysue

Re: Sleepyhead Question about Snoring on PR machines

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:22 am

I should have responded to this thread a long time ago, but I didn't see it for quite a while and then I was too busy to respond.
Sleepy Pete wrote:So if the numbers in brackets always add up to the total number of snores in a night then I think they must be a count of the number of snores for a period of time within that night.

Put that together with the two minute timer and it looks like it's a count for each two minutes. The number is always non-zero so there's no flags created for the zeroes.
First I want to thank Sleepy Pete for his pretty careful analysis of what's going on with the VS2 snores and palerider for his contributions to this thread.

Next: I like the hypothesis that the numbers attached to the VS2 snores are simply equal to the number of snores recorded in the last two minutes of flow rate data. In other words, I think Sleepy Pete has indeed solved the VS2 snore number problem. His hypothesis also "fits" with the way that Encore is known to compute the VSI in its Daily Detailed Data Reports: Encore sums up all of the VS2 numbers for the night and divides that sum by the run time. So if Sleepy Pete is correct and the VS2 numbers do indeed represent the number of snores in the preceding two minutes, then the sum of those numbers would be the total snores for the night, and the Encore VSI index would then be the average number of snores per hour of run time.

And in that case, it would be nice if JediMark can take this into account in some future release of SleepyHead. I can think of the following possible things that might be useful to report to PR users:
  • A total sum of the VS2 numbers for the entire night----maybe on its own line under the VS2 data in the events table. Or maybe instead of the "max snore" number on the left side bar of the daily data.
  • Adding the ability to use Encore's way of computing the VS(2)I. Possibly as an option or possibly as the default for PR users.

palerider

Re: Sleepyhead Question about Snoring on PR machines

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 am

robysue wrote:And in that case, it would be nice if JediMark can take this into account in some future release of SleepyHead. I can think of the following possible things that might be useful to report to PR users:
  • A total sum of the VS2 numbers for the entire night----maybe on its own line under the VS2 data in the events table. Or maybe instead of the "max snore" number on the left side bar of the daily data.
  • Adding the ability to use Encore's way of computing the VS(2)I. Possibly as an option or possibly as the default for PR users.
I brought the thread to JM's attention, and he was very interested, I believe that when he gets going again, he will do something good with this information. (you know how he is about data )

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:19 pm

Sleepy Pete wrote:
Guest1 wrote:You may have finally cracked the VS numbers' puzzle. I will analyze my own data and report back. Hopefully some other members here can evaluate their own data and report.

If this works out, then Jedimark can use this information in the next release of SH.
Cool, I look forward to seeing if your data matches.
I have looked at my data and waveforms. It does fit your theory
1) PR machine does record an event every 2 minutes after the start time stamp.
2) the number in the bracket with VS2 does match the no. of individual breaths with a zagged waveform on the inspiration part.

Interestingly, the same two minute stamping is used to flag large leak as well.