-

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Optimistic28

-

Post by Optimistic28 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 am

The new law in Congress makes it illegal for females to use CPAP. I can't believe they would stoop so low. The reasoning (according to them) is that CPAP
is mostly a male problem and truckers are male. So ladies, stock up on CPAP now before this law passes! Don't forget masks and filters and accessories.
Good luck! The law is H.R. 3095, it has passed and was signed into law. It's a sleep apnea bill for truckers but there is a section that will effectively make CPAP
illegal for females. Seriously look up H.R. 3095, the sleep apnea bill.
Last edited by Optimistic28 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

333sps

Re: CPAP Banned for Females in New Law

Post by 333sps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:13 am

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr3095/text
I read the summary. I didn't find anything banning females from getting treatment for sleep apnea.

Optimistic28

Post by Optimistic28 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 am

It's inside the law, I don't remember what section, but it was an amendment included in H.R. 3095. pertaining to CPAP use by females.

333sps

Post by 333sps » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:30 am

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th/house-bill/3095

I couldn't find amendments here. Both sites have the full text of the law, which consists of one whole paragraph. Maybe you can find it and post it!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:43 am

Optimistic28 wrote:The new law in Congress makes it illegal for females to use CPAP. I can't believe they would stoop so low. The reasoning (according to them) is that CPAP
is mostly a male problem and truckers are male. So ladies, stock up on CPAP now before this law passes! Don't forget masks and filters and accessories.
Good luck! The law is H.R. 3095, it has passed and was signed into law. It's a sleep apnea bill for truckers but there is a section that will effectively make CPAP
illegal for females. Seriously look up H.R. 3095, the sleep apnea bill.
Show us that section!

Optimistic28

Post by Optimistic28 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:01 am

Here is the section that alarmed me:

"Pursuant to the adopted amendment the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall direct restrictions of the use of CPAP therapy by female users unless explicitly authorized by the FDA or its jurisdiction related to clause 117 (c).

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:10 am

Optimistic28 wrote:Here is the section that alarmed me:

"Pursuant to the adopted amendment the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall direct restrictions of the use of CPAP therapy by female users unless explicitly authorized by the FDA or its jurisdiction related to clause 117 (c).
That does not say "illegal" or "banned" to use. You are reading words into it that are not there nor meant to be. It means they will pose some restrictions unless the FDA say its not to be done.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Optimistic28

Post by Optimistic28 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 am

But how do we know those restrictions won't be severe?

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:38 am

Optimistic28 wrote:But how do we know those restrictions won't be severe?
So... the FDA can override them. You are not living up to your name... optimist .. your statements are pessimism not optimism. The FDA has already approved cpap for the treatment of osa... so you actually think they will ban women from using it when there are just as many women as men that need it.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 am

By reading the rules that are made. I am not an attorney, but I do know the English language. This Act just requires that rules are created and adopted for the transport industry. If you want us to believe that you are doing anything other than stirring up trouble for the sake of it, post a link to the official text of the full law. Not just the summary.

Women may need CPAP more than men http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 102313.php, so there is all the more reason to require that the same rules apply to them as apply to men. I am sure the country would struggle if all the female truck drivers were taken "off the road.

Maybe a truck driver can shed some sensible light on the process that must now take place.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 am

You never quite really know even when you read the actual language of a bill, just what they are intending to do. Know this, though, they DO HAVE some back room closed door fix in for some damn reason, and they would much rather you didn't know anything about it in the first place. They always write these things to give themselves room to do a wide variety of things, but they WILL NEVER TELL THE STINKING TRUTH about any of it. The best you can do in this situation, in my opinion, is to scour medical forums for threads on this, find an article of video where a politician has been asked about it. That's the holy grail, but.....you have to read between the lines and turn everything they say around 180 degrees to get an idea of what the real truth is.
Also, you have to look at trends in politics. That means you have to dig constantly, and pay attention, and remember things because you have to put two and two together for yourself. They aren't going to. They want you to just take what lies they tell and shut up and sit down and just take it. Don't.
We in the USA have had a huge influx and influence by the Muslim brotherhood in government. You know Obama is pushing that, too. That, coupled with having to cut costs for obamacare leads to one good possible answer. That it's true females will be routinely denied CPAP therapy in obamacare. Muslim men treat women like worthless animals, like stray dogs. Women in Arab countries are good for nothing peices of crap only needed for having babies, and satisfying the males sexual desires. The younger, the better. Way better in fact. So, put those two together. What do you get? Hmmmm?

mollete

Post by mollete » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 am

SleepyToo2 wrote:Maybe a truck driver can shed some sensible light on the process that must now take place.
Well, I am not a truck driver, but I think I can shed some "sensible light" on this.

The OP is an asshole.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:01 am

mollete wrote:
SleepyToo2 wrote:Maybe a truck driver can shed some sensible light on the process that must now take place.
Well, I am not a truck driver, but I think I can shed some "sensible light" on this.

The OP is an asshole.
Talk about uncalled for, geez. Ease up a little, how 'bout it? I think you owe the OP an apology.

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 am

I am trying very hard not to say something inflammatory so I will say this. This post is totally out of line and has no place on this board.

49er
islandboy5150 wrote:You never quite really know even when you read the actual language of a bill, just what they are intending to do. Know this, though, they DO HAVE some back room closed door fix in for some damn reason, and they would much rather you didn't know anything about it in the first place. They always write these things to give themselves room to do a wide variety of things, but they WILL NEVER TELL THE STINKING TRUTH about any of it. The best you can do in this situation, in my opinion, is to scour medical forums for threads on this, find an article of video where a politician has been asked about it. That's the holy grail, but.....you have to read between the lines and turn everything they say around 180 degrees to get an idea of what the real truth is.
Also, you have to look at trends in politics. That means you have to dig constantly, and pay attention, and remember things because you have to put two and two together for yourself. They aren't going to. They want you to just take what lies they tell and shut up and sit down and just take it. Don't.
We in the USA have had a huge influx and influence by the Muslim brotherhood in government. You know Obama is pushing that, too. That, coupled with having to cut costs for obamacare leads to one good possible answer. That it's true females will be routinely denied CPAP therapy in obamacare. Muslim men treat women like worthless animals, like stray dogs. Women in Arab countries are good for nothing peices of crap only needed for having babies, and satisfying the males sexual desires. The younger, the better. Way better in fact. So, put those two together. What do you get? Hmmmm?

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 am

mollete wrote:

The OP is an asshole.
Way to show your true colors Mollete. I am sure you will flame me big time.

49er