SleepyHead "unstable" builds for advanced testers.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
aselvan

Re: SleepyHead "unstable" builds for advanced testers.

Post by aselvan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 pm

aselvan wrote:Mark,
I am new this group and would like to start using SleepyHead software (planing to build from source on my Ubuntu desktop). I just switched my machine from "F&P Icon" to "PRS1 60 Auto" and I am wondering if there is a way to import the data from F&P (I have been using it for couple of years) into SleepyHead and continue with my "PRS1 60 Auto" data going forward?
I am answering my own question here I was able to build the latest version (v0.9.4 beta) and import both my historic data from F&P Icon as well as my one day data from PRS1 60... although the Icon data doesn't have a whole lot of details

I had trouble building SleepyHead with qt5 (default on my ubuntu 13.10) but was able to build it using qt4 successfully. The following are the steps in case if anyone else is planning to build from source on Ubuntu 13.10 or later.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install git qt4-dev-tools libqt4-opengl-dev libquazip0-dev libqextserialport-dev libqextserialport1
sudo ln -s /usr/include/QtExtSerialPort /usr/include/qt4/QtExtSerialPort
git clone git://sleepyhead.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/sleepyhead/sleepyhead
cd sleepyhead
edit sleepyhead/newprofile.h and add a line "#include <QUrl>" and save. Now do a qmake-qt4 followed by make
qmake-qt4
make
Mark,
Let me know if you want me to commit the change. The #include <Qurl> is needed since it is used in the NewProfile class.
Thanks
-Arul
Update (Apr 17, 2014): Thanks Mark, it looks like a fresh clone from git this morning contains this missing line and builds w/ out any change.
Last edited by aselvan on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm

bwexler wrote:Is this latest win build intended to work with the 960 ASV machines?
Not yet.. It should be better than the old beta version though.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I have answered my own question.
SleepyHead is not yet friendly with PRS1 960 or CMS50i.

I can see some improvements, but complience data is about 1/4 actual and AHI is still in the 32000 range.

It did accurately identify my machine and seems to have read my prsures and days used.
It recognized? CMS50X but could not find or import the data.

I guess I will just hold my breath for the next rlease.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 am

bwexler wrote:...SleepyHead is not yet friendly with PRS1 960....
I still don't have enough PRS1 60 series data to break this bug wide open.. There are too many 60 series variants, which is what is screwing the importer up.

More specifically, the problem is the differences between the .001 files between the various 60 series models have not been fully decoded yet, so some models appear to work and others don't properly. The main information needed in the .001 files is the session duration and machine pressure settings.. (plus various menu bit settings, humidifier settings, hose settings, etc...)

To properly fix this I need a lot more PRS1 60 series SD card data from different types of (60 series PRS1) machines, and if possible, matching Encore reports to compare it with, and only then can I document all the differences and write a better importer that takes these differences into account.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:49 am

I've been using latest test build from last year. Only bug I encountered was displaying data from certain day always crashes app (can post debug into if you want)

Also use app on a machine with 150% scaling and it looks a bit off:

http://i.imgur.com/HNVZ4Ai.png

Of course many applications have issues with Windows scaling, but just thought you'd appreciate a FYI if it hadn't been noted already.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 pm

aselvan wrote:Let me know if you want me to commit the change. The #include <Qurl> is needed since it is used in the NewProfile class
Got this one already.. it only affected Qt4 builds, so I didn't notice.. (SleepyHead is pretty soon going to be Qt5 only)

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Overflow wrote:I've been using latest test build from last year. Only bug I encountered was displaying data from certain day always crashes app (can post debug into if you want)

Of course many applications have issues with Windows scaling, but just thought you'd appreciate a FYI if it hadn't been noted already.
Eek.. that looks a bit messy.. I'll have a play with font size scaling next time I get access to a windows box.

As for the crash, have you tried the latest build?
If it's still crashing on the new version, I'd like a copy of your SD card data if possible..

by the way, how are you changing the font scaling?

SleepyCPAP

Re: SleepyHead

Post by SleepyCPAP » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:05 am

jedimark wrote:
alpha752 wrote:I just started using the unstable Mac build, because the other one doesn't work with my PR series 60 machine. So far I have had no trouble with this build. I'll keep an eye out for bugs though.
I'm starting to feel I really should be recommending this build version for all Mac users.. The previous official builds are in a pretty dodgy state.
Yes, both the November "unstable" build and this April "unstable" build are quite solid compared to the beta-with-patch version. Definitely recommend this for Mac users with PRS1 60-series CPAPs, and even 50-series.

--SleepyCPAP

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

Overflow

Post by Overflow » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 am

jedimark wrote:
Overflow wrote:I've been using latest test build from last year. Only bug I encountered was displaying data from certain day always crashes app (can post debug into if you want)

Eek.. that looks a bit messy.. I'll have a play with font size scaling next time I get access to a windows box.

As for the crash, have you tried the latest build?
If it's still crashing on the new version, I'd like a copy of your SD card data if possible..

by the way, how are you changing the font scaling?
Hmm I think I chose an older build then looking at the SF page which has a beta updated 2 days ago. Will try that. I am altering the font scaling via the general scaling method in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Display\Make the text smaller or larger and also applying a few custom font sizes to make text readable at 2560 x 1600 on a 13" screen.

TheFiddl3r

Re: SleepyHead

Post by TheFiddl3r » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:21 am

In an earlier (4/10) post I asked:
TheFiddl3r wrote: <...>
Is there any word at all on reading from the CMS-50FW or in reading the spo2 files created by the CMS software?

<...>
From the lack of responses I can only guess that Sleepyhead support for the CMS-50FW and/or Spo2 files is on the back burner...
REMstar Auto A-Flex
System One Heated Humidifier, Heated tube
ResMed Mirage Quattro
CMS-50FW

kona0197

Post by kona0197 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:48 am

Would sending my SD Card data to you help with the bug at all?
No Fate But what we Make...

Sleep Apnea Sucks...

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:23 pm

jedimark wrote:
bwexler wrote:Is this latest win build intended to work with the 960 ASV machines?
Not yet.. It should be better than the old beta version though.
Keeping fingers crossed you are able to get the PRS1 960s to talk to Sleepyhead soon. My old Bipap ASV is much too old for Sleepyhead, and I may be getting a 960 presently.

I think your work is spectacular. I'm envious every time I see someone posting SH graphs! And believe me, as soon as I get some birthday $$$ I will make a donation! Unless you have something set up where I could make a small monthly subscription to Sleepyhead's development?

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:43 pm

jedimark wrote:
bwexler wrote:...SleepyHead is not yet friendly with PRS1 960....
I still don't have enough PRS1 60 series data to break this bug wide open.. There are too many 60 series variants, which is what is screwing the importer up.
What variants do you have data for, and which ones do you still need?

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat May 03, 2014 10:05 am

A new Unstable branch build is available for Apple Mac users.

It features an import autoscanner to make it easier to locate the SDcard, and some long awaited PRS1 60 series fixes (including fixes for the newer ASV machines).

This one really needs testers! You can download it for the Mac platform from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyh ... g/download

Windows users will have to wait till tomorrow... I need sleep and I still haven't updated my Windows notebook's Qt version yet.

PS.. Should I rename "Unstable" branch to "Testing"? It sounds a little less scary :-}

Edit: I should mention this if anyone builds from source code.. I only just recently deprecated Qt4 support. SleepyHead now officially requires Qt5 (with OpenGL support) to build on all platforms.

/Mark

A KLERK

Post by A KLERK » Sat May 03, 2014 11:27 am

TESTING: plus one! Testing branch is not scary....
Unstable = not true...

Looking for MORE translators!