Now to look for software...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
islandboy5150

Now to look for software...

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:24 am

I'm so happy I finally get an opportunity to study all the data that these machines record. Need software to do that I guess! wish resmed would have put it on a disk and included it with the machine, especially after I bought it outright. Anyone have a link to it?

Pugsy

Re: Now to look for software...

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 am

Check your PM box.
Be sure to watch the video.
You can also use SleepyHead and links for it are in my signature line.
If you have a Mac SleepyHead has a Mac version. ResScan doesn't.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:12 pm

I would also like to have the link that will take me to the SleepyHead iMac version. I have loaded SH 9.2 to my iMAC but can't seem to import the data, something imports but I can't open it. I am a new CPAP user with much frustration with mask. I started out with an AHI of 31 and am down to 16 but would like to be at an acceptable level. I changed MDs as my doc, even though she said she would be able to view my data, now tells me she does not plan on getting the software needed. I am now going to Stanford Hospital which so far seems excellent. To complicate things I just had surgery for thyroid cancer and will have more surgery in two weeks to take the rest of the thyroid out. I am concerned about meeting medicare compliance as it is very difficult to use the Cpap after surgery with a very sore throat and sore neck. In spite of everything, I do feel better than previously and am looking forward to getting a Mirage Quattro FX as he Mirage Quattro is not working for me. I am very glad I found this site.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Olivia wrote:I have loaded SH 9.2 to my iMAC but can't seem to import the data, something imports but I can't open it.
What is the model number of your machine?
If it is the 60 series machine did you also get the special Patch file for the Mac version so that SleepyHead would work with the 60 series machine. Series number is the last 2 digits...like 560 for the PR System One 60 series Auto CPAP.
Model number is on the bottom of the blower unit. It's a 3 digit number that likely will have DS or REF in front of it.
On the same sticker is an 8 digit number which is manufacture date in year/month/day format.

The SleepyHead Mac build is here. Look for Jimbo's Mac build.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/
If your machine is a 50 series machine then you won't need anything else but if it is a 60 series machine then you will also need to do the special Patch file.
Explained in this thread
viewtopic/t83551/SleepyHead-Series-60-Patch-Avail.html
and found here
https://s3.amazonaws.com/thefreemanclan ... pyHead.dmg
or page three of the above thread...3rd post from the top.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:20 pm

It says REF 560 P. I will also read the links you sent. It Seems like Greek to me as I am a nurse not a computer person. Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Olivia wrote:It says REF 560 P. I will also read the links you sent. It Seems like Greek to me as I am a nurse not a computer person. Thanks
You need Jimbo's Mac version plus Rich's Patch file that I mentioned above to be able to use SleepyHead on your Mac.
I have never used a Mac so I can't tell you how to do the Patch file on a Mac. I can explain it on Windows PC but not a Mac.
Do you have access to Windows PC? If so the new SleepyHead version has the Patch file built in to the install so much easier to install and use SH with the 60 series machine.
Otherwise if you had a Windows environment set up on your Mac then you could use the Windows version.

If you can't get the Patch file stuff figured out send me a private message. I know of a way that you can send me the files off your SD card so that I can generate a report and then send it back to you so that you can at least have an idea what is going on.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:36 pm

I think I will get an SD card reader for my ancient windows laptop and also explore getting windows for my iMac. I did download Sleepmapper to my iPad and contacted my DME to up date my Encore data, so hopefully soon I will be able to view some data. I don't know if having a modem on my Cpap will interfere with the Mac reading the SD card but guess not. Thanks. For your direction.

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Pugsy, I did download the Mac version and the patch and can now see my data. Thanks so much, Olivia