Need travel transformer for Intellipap - Help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Babette

Need travel transformer for Intellipap - Help!

Post by Babette » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey, so I'm an old user here, some of you may remember me. Haven't posted in years. Been busy experiencing flawless cpap usage and having a life.

However, I've run up against an issue, and now I need help. Of course I thought of you guys first.

I'm planning a trip to Morocco, and was going to buy a voltage converter when I suddenly realized my APAP may need something far more advanced. And reading up on it is boggling my mind.

This is the machine:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/devilb ... tflex.html

I live in the USA and have never travelled overseas before. I need to know the equipment I need to bring with me to ensure my APAP performs and doesn't explode or catch fire. Please, I know there's a ton of engineer types on this board. Help a girl out, wouldja?

Many thanks,
Babette

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Need travel transformer for Intellipap - Help!

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Babette, I have the same machine for travel, so I looked it up.
Just click "power", and read the universal (travel) power paragraph.
Here's some power info for Morocco:
http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=170

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 pm

I'd try Radio Shack for a travel converter plug. The machine should handle foreign voltage automatically.

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Oh geez, ChunkyFrog, I never saw that tab!!!!

Bless yer punkin heart! You've alleviated a ton of worry from me!

Thank you so much!
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Babette wrote:Hey, so I'm an old user here, some of you may remember me. Haven't posted in years. Been busy experiencing flawless cpap usage and having a life.
Babette
Good to see you here again!!!

Hugs and best wishes to you.

Den

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi Babette! Good to see you back, let the fun begin! Would love to hear about your trip to Morocco, it must be an exciting place to visit.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Babette

Post by Babette » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey Wulfman, Hey Dori!

Well, I must say I'm over the moon excited about going to Morocco. It was my mother's idea. She decided to treat me for all the help I gave her this summer during her knee surgery, and then packing her up out of her house of 40 years into a condo.

I'd say she owes me, alright.

Not sure when we're going, but I'm busily getting prepared. Already bought special fancy dries quick travel panties, so I can pack less, and just wash them out every night. Got my passport and then had to obsess over an RFID protecting purse and wallet. You know me...

Now I'm obsessing about finding a dual-voltage hair dryer. A purchase I'm sure I will find redundant once I get there and discover that head and humidity will leave my hair only worthy of a ponytail ANYWAY. Or a hijab. And yes, I bought one of those, too.

LOL,
B.

drj130

Post by drj130 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Babette,

If you click on the specs tab on the same page

You'll see that your machine is dual voltage. Meaning that all you'll need is a plug adapter. The same thing applies to your laptop if you're taking one with you. Just look at the power brick and you'll see something like this: 100 - 240 AC

David

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Babette, although your unit is compatible with the 240V/50 cycle power in Morocco, you are still going to need a adapter for the power plug. Some upscale international hotels have outlets that will accept 110V plugs, but you cannot count on the outlet closest to the nightstand being compatible.

You can find plug adapters at most stores that cater to international travelers, such as luggage shops. Stores such as Radio Shack also usually have them. The catch is that you will need to check on the type of plug that is used. I would expect that it would be the round two prong plug found in Europe and many other countries.

However, if you forget, most overseas hotels have adapters at the front desk that they will loan you for the length of your stay.

Steve

Babette

Post by Babette » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I'm just now purchasing a couple of grounded plug adapters from Amazon (Both C and E are recommended for Morocco). I feel pretty confident at this point, but only getting there and using it will tell, right?

I just bought a dual-voltage hair dryer today, since many posters online are complaining that that's the biggest issue item.

Hoping my new smartphone's charger will turn out to be dual-voltage. I'm also reading that many are.

And I probably won't take the tablet with me on this trip. But who knows. I might change my mind later.

Thanks all!
B.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:19 am

Hey, Babette!

This sounds like a super-cool trip! I hit the five year mark on the cancer, so am planning my own trip -- the Canadian Rockies.

But yours sounds so... ADVENTUROUS!

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5